Final August SUNDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Final August SUNDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Hey everyone!

Can you believe it's the last Sunday of this month ?
Kids in our area have already started school or will have started by Wednesday of this week and the sun seems to set much earlier than just a minute or 2 each day. I like fall but it's still summer to me.

What do you have planned for today?
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Final August SUNDAY @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning Linda. It's 46 in the norwoods. I wore shorts and a jacket to breakfast. We have no plans except church. Enjoy your day, pholks.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning Linda and Bill!

Another hot one today, around 97.

Some household chores that I'm able to do, visit with Mom, then out to a late lunch.

Have a great Sunday!!! :D
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Good morning! Up and at it already. Went to a local diner for breakfast and now heading to the grocery store. Planned a menu for the week so the painful what's for dinner discussion has been handled! Yay. Have a great Sunday.
You're Killing Me Smalls
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Good morning BN. Nothing going on here, may wash the car if I can find the energy.
Back to livin' Floridays
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Good morning. We had a surprise 60th birthday party for my brother Frank yesterday. We went through a bushel of crabs.
Today we are having a birthday brunch for our dad. He turned 87. Also yesterday was my stepdaughter's birthday. Lots of
partying and presents. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
nycfeat
Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by nycfeat »

Morning, BN. Today is Santana/Doobie Brothers @ JB. Planning on hanging out at the beach for a bit before the show. It's going to be a cool and breezy day.

Have a good one.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good almost afternoon. I have no plans today, except not turning on the a/c. It's almost noon and it's only 72 degrees.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

nycfeat wrote: August 25, 2019 11:01 am Morning, BN. Today is Santana/Doobie Brothers @ JB. Planning on hanging out at the beach for a bit before the show. It's going to be a cool and breezy day.

Have a good one.
There was a show on South Carolina public TV last night, The Doobie Brothers at the Beacon Theater. Billy Payne was playing keyboards.
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Afternoon BNers

We went to Brenham last night to see Van Wilks trio play at a nice small venue. Van was told the building used to be a laundry that did the wash for the Chicken Ranch. 😮😳
It was a good show. Great to hear great music and share hugs with good friends.
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

LIPH wrote: August 25, 2019 12:02 pm
nycfeat wrote: August 25, 2019 11:01 am Morning, BN. Today is Santana/Doobie Brothers @ JB. Planning on hanging out at the beach for a bit before the show. It's going to be a cool and breezy day.

Have a good one.
There was a show on South Carolina public TV last night, The Doobie Brothers at the Beacon Theater. Billy Payne was playing keyboards.
Have fun Sang and tell Billy Hi from all of us.

Larry....Billy is a regular with the Doobies. For the last few years, Feat has to work around the Doobies schedule.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Since the temperature never made it above 75 today I decided to go for a walk in the park. There's no rain in the forecast but it's so overcast I had to turn the lights on when I got home.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Soooo, today was a long, but good day. This is a recap of what my day was, including a visit with Mom, that I sent to my sister.

Visit was fine. Laverne (receptionist) met us at the front door and nice greetings, again. She immediately told us that her room is still cold, but they think they got the HVAC turned off, and opened her window to let cold air out/warm air in. They are all ready to pounce on Bob (maintenance) in the morning to address it. Ron went in the room to put the box of tissues in there, and he said it was in the low 70's. Mom was in the 'livingroom' in her area, where there were 5 people watching some TV. 2 were sleeping! But she looked content and interested.

We did four puzzles, and had a few giggles. Then I took my sister's idea, and started looking for videos on my phone. Found the Marine Corps Band performing (with singing) "The Battle Hymn of the Republic". And dang if Mom wasn't there singing along with nearly every word of it. Ron took a picture and short video.

Said fingers are sore, so I put some lotion on her hands, going over her cuticle areas. That seemed to help. She proclaimed me "Dr. Penny", and we laughed.

Watched a few more videos, and then it was time for lunch. She sat down at that first table in the room again. They were having sub sandwiches, and a very sweet caregiver said they were either turkey or ham. Uh, nope. She doesn't like those. We left, as we were kind of a distraction to her decision making.

She had said she went in her room earlier and couldn't find her bed. That one confused me, but later Ron said that she's so used to the smaller room and her bed being RIGHT THERE when she walked in, so that might be what threw her off.

All in all it was a nice visit. Minimal scrunchy faces (when Mom is in distress).

When we were leaving, we walked out with another lady, and she looked at me and said, "Peakview"? I said yes. She thought she recognized us/Mom. She said her Mom's stay got so bad they have contacted a lawyer. I told her that ours sure wasn't that bad, but Mom's first 2-3 years were pretty good, it's just the last 6 months or so it went bad. There was also another caregiver there that I also recognized from PV, and she called me by my name.

So afterwards, Ron and went to PeakView and had a few beers, and all went great!!! No problems at all........ LOL!!! HA HA HA!!!!!!!! It was actually a new Brewery called Peak View Brewing. And the beers WERE good! (We only get little tasters). We then went to TopGolf for a late lunch. YUM!!! We'll go back there just for the food.

I'm going back to 8 hours tomorrow at work. I'm just not getting enough of my work done. Boss said if the 8 is too much, just leave when I feel the need to. Gotta love it.
nycfeat
Changing Channels

Post by nycfeat »

LIPH wrote: August 25, 2019 12:02 pm

Have a good one.
I was at one of those shows. And have the cd/dvd. Next year is their 50th anniversary, so they most likely will do a big tour (not that it's small now. ha ha).