Sublime Sunday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Re: Sublime Sunday @ the MSC

Post by springparrot »

tailgaitingph wrote: September 20, 2020 3:11 pm
springparrot wrote: September 20, 2020 2:05 pm Afternoon BNers

It's all about Beta in this area. Mike Siedel is in Port Lavaca TX. Larry's parents had a house there for years. TWC still doesn't know where Beta is going to make landfall. Looks like it might not make hurricane status but lots of rain. Guess we will wait and see.
(((Molly & family)))

How far are y'all from the coast?
About 75 miles
I just posted a pic on fb. Right now, it looks like Beta is heading from the coast straight to Spring. But as we know that can change before landfall.
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

This has nothing to do with Beta but it jogged my memory.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jsS7aH25YMw
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

springparrot wrote: September 20, 2020 3:31 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: September 20, 2020 3:11 pm

It's all about Beta in this area. Mike Siedel is in Port Lavaca TX. Larry's parents had a house there for years. TWC still doesn't know where Beta is going to make landfall. Looks like it might not make hurricane status but lots of rain. Guess we will wait and see.
(((Molly & family)))

How far are y'all from the coast?
About 75 miles
I just posted a pic on fb. Right now, it looks like Beta is heading from the coast straight to Spring. But as we know that can change before landfall.
So true! We watched Sally move (slowly) from where they thought she would hit in NOLA to Gulf Shores
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

LIPH wrote: September 20, 2020 10:38 am
lime rickie wrote: September 20, 2020 5:05 am Good morning, BN. :wench:

Been watching 'Woodstock - The Director's Cut' and it's pretty amazing. Highly recommend.
That was on one of the cable channels a couple of weeks ago, I forget which one, and I watched it. One band I wish I had seen live was Sly & The Family Stone, they were great.
It was on TCM and I recorded it. Santana was the height for me, just amazing. I learned that he was tripping on acid that Jerry Garcia had sneaked into his soda. In high school we used to see a bar band called Yasgur's Farm that played all of this. Loved it.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

RIPH
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Post by RIPH »

Happy Sunday pholks!! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Ready to see the sun again here in Manatee County. Been raining a lot the past 2 weeks.

Still in the mid eighties though so can’t complain too much. 😄
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

lime rickie wrote: September 20, 2020 4:42 pm

Been watching 'Woodstock - The Director's Cut' and it's pretty amazing. Highly recommend.
That was on one of the cable channels a couple of weeks ago, I forget which one, and I watched it. One band I wish I had seen live was Sly & The Family Stone, they were great.
It was on TCM and I recorded it. Santana was the height for me, just amazing. I learned that he was tripping on acid that Jerry Garcia had sneaked into his soda. In high school we used to see a bar band called Yasgur's Farm that played all of this. Loved it.
Moog - do you remember them? They played at the Royal Manor North on Rte 1. Or maybe even Colleen/Sister Goldenhair would, too.

Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: September 20, 2020 11:57 am
We have a furnace in our attic too.... doesn't everyone?
We don't have a furnace at all.

I guess choosing to live where it doesn't snow was the correct choice :)

As a kid it always had me stumped when on US tv shows they always had this behemoth of a thing with flames in it in the basement. I always thought "geez, that'd make the house terribly hot and would run the risk of burning the whole thing down..."
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

This use of Greek lettering is going cause many fatalities amongst the software developer and test cohort.

They are going to ignore any warnings that are marked Beta, as they'll think it's just a Beta test. (Sorry Geek Joke)
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that Santana's drummer who did that great solo in, I think, Soul Sacrifice was only 19 years old at Woodstock.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

Well it's Monday morning and of course the wet weather has abated.

Forecast is for mid to high 80's and an evening storm. Not only has Spring sprung, Summer is a knocking too.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Rabbitz wrote: September 20, 2020 4:54 pm We don't have a furnace at all.

I guess choosing to live where it doesn't snow was the correct choice :)

As a kid it always had me stumped when on US tv shows they always had this behemoth of a thing with flames in it in the basement. I always thought "geez, that'd make the house terribly hot and would run the risk of burning the whole thing down..."
We live in VA & have a wood burning stove for the main heat but also propane heat as backup.
Hubby cuts the wood for the stove & I pay the propane bill so it works out :lol:
I've always lived in VA and we have always needed a heat source - would not know what it's like to live without that...maybe 1 day :D
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Lived in KW many years ago, didn't have heat. One chilly morning it was in the 60's and we had to turn on the oven to take the chill off.
Back to livin' Floridays
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

tailgaitingph wrote: September 20, 2020 5:02 pm
We live in VA & have a wood burning stove for the main heat but also propane heat as backup.
Hubby cuts the wood for the stove & I pay the propane bill so it works out :lol:
I've always lived in VA and we have always needed a heat source - would not know what it's like to live without that...maybe 1 day :D
We have a wood heater, more for ambience as the A/C and electric heaters are more than adequate.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: September 20, 2020 5:14 pm Lived in KW many years ago, didn't have heat. One chilly morning it was in the 60's and we had to turn on the oven to take the chill off.
Did many die from hypothermia that morning?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Rabbitz wrote: September 20, 2020 5:20 pm
Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: September 20, 2020 5:14 pm Lived in KW many years ago, didn't have heat. One chilly morning it was in the 60's and we had to turn on the oven to take the chill off.
Did many die from hypothermia that morning?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe a few!
Back to livin' Floridays
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

lime rickie wrote: September 20, 2020 4:53 pm

Moog - do you remember them? They played at the Royal Manor North on Rte 1. Or maybe even Colleen/Sister Goldenhair would, too.
Oh yes. WNEW use to plug their shows. I read about them in the Aquarium weekly. They still play.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

moog wrote: September 20, 2020 5:37 pm
lime rickie wrote: September 20, 2020 4:53 pm

Oh yes. WNEW use to plug their shows. I read about them in the Aquarium weekly. They still play.
Good for them, although they must be 70-ish by now? LOL

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

My mom used to do that when we were growing up to save on the electric bill. Now that I'm an adult with backup gas heat, I'm not sure how economical that was. We have the main heat with the wood burning fire place & propane as back up but also electric to run if it gets too cold.

P.S. were you ever able to get in to check on the boat?
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

WNEW used to be the best radio station in New York. Then they changed format and, among other mistakes, hired those 2 dipsticks Opie & Anthony. They were low rent Howard Stern wannabes. I started listening to Q104 and then shortly after that I bought my first iPod. I had to listen to music on my train ride to and from work. 🎶
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Also, I know you're not fond of covers but I have always thought JB and the band could kill it with Hot Fun in the Summertime, especially with the pans. It's sing-able, everyone knows the words. Very dance-able. I love what they did with All Night Long and think this works, too.