Buffett concerts to be available on nugs

Trade bootlegs and get help recording shows

Moderator: SMLCHNG

urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Buffett concerts to be available on nugs

Post by urlcenter »

Yesterday 10/1/20, it was announced that Jimmy Buffett concert recordings will now be available via an online service called nugs. This is a streaming subscription service dedicated to live music recordings had includes live shows from The Grateful Dead, Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews and many many others.

The announcement made on October 1, 2020 states that 30 years of Jimmy Buffett lives shows will available through nugs. As I said before nugs is streaming subscription service for live music with a $12.95 per month subscription fee plus you will need to download the nugs app. While nugs is a streaming service, users can also download lives shows in various audio formats.

Downloads of shows through nugs are NOT FREE all show downloads must be purchased.

Shows can be purchased in a number of different digital audio formats including MP3, FLAC, ALAC, FLAC-HD, ALAC-HD, shows can also be purchased on multiple disc CD sets.

FLAC format is Free Lossless Audio Codec
ALAC format is Apple Lossless Audio Codec

Prices for the digital audio formats listed above are:

MP3 - $9.95
FLAC & ALAC $12.95
FLAC-HD & ALAC-HD $17.95

CD Sets are $23.00

Buffett concert videos will also be available on nugs however no details are available on these

The October 1, 2020 announcement states that nugs will have a Buffett show archive consisting of 30 years worth of shows

As to how the shows being available via nugs will effect jokelben and Sunlover's captures and uploads of the shows, the answer is not clear at the moment.

Sunlover and I have exchanged PM's regarding nugs announcement and Sunlover intends to continue to capture shows as always. With the shows now being available on nugs they will now be copyrighted which could effect jokelben at some point. Sunlover and I will keep you posted on any jokelben related updates as things move forward
Last edited by urlcenter on October 9, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moog
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Buffett concerts to be available on nugs

Post by moog »

They posted 5 shows from the last 10 years this week. I subscribe to enough already. Want to see the 90s and 80s shows but......
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Have they explained the benefits of nugs over what's available on the Sirius channel?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

lime rickie wrote: October 2, 2020 7:21 pm Have they explained the benefits of nugs over what's available on the Sirius channel?
You can purchase high quality digital audio recordings for the shows or purchase the shows on CD via nugs or listen to them streamed on nugs anytime you want to
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

moog wrote: October 2, 2020 7:11 pm They posted 5 shows from the last 10 years this week. I subscribe to enough already. Want to see the 90s and 80s shows but......
The announcement made on 10/1 stated that there will be 30 years of shows available on nugs
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Yeah, I think there is a lot of "wait and see" as to what is going to be made available for purchase/subscription. I'm familiar with the site as my alter-ego is a big jam-band fan.

Last night I splurged on purchasing the Anguilla show in FLAC, as I noticed it has a couple extra songs than what was previously released on the CD. I just wish you could purchase individual songs, but you never know, things may change.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

SharkysMV1 wrote: October 3, 2020 11:44 am Yeah, I think there is a lot of "wait and see" as to what is going to be made available for purchase/subscription. I'm familiar with the site as my alter-ego is a big jam-band fan.

Last night I splurged on purchasing the Anguilla show in FLAC, as I noticed it has a couple extra songs than what was previously released on the CD. I just wish you could purchase individual songs, but you never know, things may change.
I just compared the track listing on nugs with full show set list and the show on nugs is missing several songs:

Here is the complete set list from the show:

Bankie Banx Dune Preserve – Rendezvous Bay
Saturday March 24th, 2007
Benefit Show

1 Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes
2 Domino College
3 Waiting In Vain (Peter Mayer vocals)
4 When Salome Plays The Drum
5 Grapefruit-Juicy Fruit
6 Come Monday
7 They Don’t Dance Like Carmen No More
8 It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere
9 Cheeseburger In Paradise
10 King Of Somewhere Hot
11 Treat Her Like A Lady
12 Still in Paradise (Bankie Banx)
13 Weather With You
14 One Particular Harbour

(Jake & Robert on some sort of jam so the band could take a break)

15 Brown Eyed Girl
16 Carnival World
17 Autour Du Rocher
18 Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
19 That’s My Story And I’m Stickin’ To It
20 In My Room (Beach Boys cover song)
21 A Pirate Looks At Forty
22 Volcano
23 Desperation Samba (Halloween In Tijuana)
24 Margaritaville
25 Southern Cross
26 Fins
27 Distantly In Love (Acoustic)

Here is the set list on nugs:

Set One

King Of Somewhere Hot
Presents To Send You
Coast Of Marseilles
Chanson Pour Les Petits Enfants
Thats What Living Is To Me
One Particular Harbour
Domino College
When Salome Plays The Drum
Cheeseburger In Paradise
Treat Her Like A Lady
Still In Paradise
Changes In Latitudes Changes In Attitudes
Autour Du Roucher
Its Five OClock Somewhere
Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
Volcano
Desperation Samba Halloween In Tijuana
Margaritaville
A Pirate Looks At Forty
Fins
Distantly In Love
Outro

Some of the tracks on the nugs version are actually from the 3/23 acoustic performance Jimmy did the day before the benefit show:

Friday March 23rd 2007 – Starting around 11:00 AM
Jimmy on the beach with the Beach Band

1 Jolly Mon Sing (played it twice to get the vocals right)
2 Chanson Pour Les Petits Enfants
3 Banana Republics
4 Presents To Send You
5 Coast Of Marseilles
6 Stranded On A Sandbar
7 That’s What Living Is To Me
8 A Pirate Looks At Forty (Redemption Song)
9 In My Room (a Brian Wilson Song)
10 F.D.R. In Trinidad (a Ry Cooder song written by Fitz MacLean) – Jimmy had to sing from a song sheet buried in the sand)
11 One Particular Harbour
SharkysMV1

Post by SharkysMV1 »

urlcenter wrote: October 3, 2020 1:14 pm
SharkysMV1 wrote: October 3, 2020 11:44 am Yeah, I think there is a lot of "wait and see" as to what is going to be made available for purchase/subscription. I'm familiar with the site as my alter-ego is a big jam-band fan.

I just compared the track listing on nugs with full show set list and the show on nugs is missing several songs:

Here is the complete set list from the show:

Bankie Banx Dune Preserve – Rendezvous Bay
Saturday March 24th, 2007
Benefit Show

1 Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes
2 Domino College
3 Waiting In Vain (Peter Mayer vocals)
4 When Salome Plays The Drum
5 Grapefruit-Juicy Fruit
6 Come Monday
7 They Don’t Dance Like Carmen No More
8 It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere
9 Cheeseburger In Paradise
10 King Of Somewhere Hot
11 Treat Her Like A Lady
12 Still in Paradise (Bankie Banx)
13 Weather With You
14 One Particular Harbour

(Jake & Robert on some sort of jam so the band could take a break)

15 Brown Eyed Girl
16 Carnival World
17 Autour Du Rocher
18 Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
19 That’s My Story And I’m Stickin’ To It
20 In My Room (Beach Boys cover song)
21 A Pirate Looks At Forty
22 Volcano
23 Desperation Samba (Halloween In Tijuana)
24 Margaritaville
25 Southern Cross
26 Fins
27 Distantly In Love (Acoustic)

Here is the set list on nugs:

Set One

King Of Somewhere Hot
Presents To Send You
Coast Of Marseilles
Chanson Pour Les Petits Enfants
Thats What Living Is To Me
One Particular Harbour
Domino College
When Salome Plays The Drum
Cheeseburger In Paradise
Treat Her Like A Lady
Still In Paradise
Changes In Latitudes Changes In Attitudes
Autour Du Roucher
Its Five OClock Somewhere
Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
Volcano
Desperation Samba Halloween In Tijuana
Margaritaville
A Pirate Looks At Forty
Fins
Distantly In Love
Outro

Some of the tracks on the nugs version are actually from the 3/23 acoustic performance Jimmy did the day before the benefit show:

Friday March 23rd 2007 – Starting around 11:00 AM
Jimmy on the beach with the Beach Band

1 Jolly Mon Sing (played it twice to get the vocals right)
2 Chanson Pour Les Petits Enfants
3 Banana Republics
4 Presents To Send You
5 Coast Of Marseilles
6 Stranded On A Sandbar
7 That’s What Living Is To Me
8 A Pirate Looks At Forty (Redemption Song)
9 In My Room (a Brian Wilson Song)
10 F.D.R. In Trinidad (a Ry Cooder song written by Fitz MacLean) – Jimmy had to sing from a song sheet buried in the sand)
11 One Particular Harbour
Right; so I figured since I love the beach set from 3/23, I’d at least like to have an “official” version of the Presents to Send You and Coast of Marseilles.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
moog
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by moog »

Maybe a year from now I would consider and if available on Roku. Other then that, no sale for me.
Showlistener2018
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 7

Post by Showlistener2018 »

Any guesses for this week's releases?: I'm thinking this week will be. Something from between 1993-96 (I know we've had a few from around then that've been streamed so maybe one from 1994 and one from 1995 or something like that), something from 1998-99, something from 2010-19.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

I will purchase if they release shows especially video from the 70s and 80s.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

How was the sound quality of the FLAC download as compared to the CD?
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.
Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

Also it looks like the concerts are for streaming only, not download. I assume the app lets you cast them to an Apple TV? And then if the service goes away ever, so do the concert videos. 🙁
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Bucarader wrote: October 7, 2020 6:44 pm Also it looks like the concerts are for streaming only, not download. I assume the app lets you cast them to an Apple TV? And then if the service goes away ever, so do the concert videos. 🙁
On the page for each concert there is box showing different audio file formats and prices for downloading each format. File format is include MP3, Flac, Alac, FLAC-HD, and ALAC-HD. Shows can also be purchased on multiple disc CD-Sets.
SharkysMV1

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Bucarader wrote: October 7, 2020 5:58 pm

How was the sound quality of the FLAC download as compared to the CD?
Good question. I purchased it for better versions of Presents to Send You and Coast of Marseilles from 3/23/07 that were not on the CD release, but have been played on RM. The Nugs versions of those 2 songs sound much better, and the acoustic songs in general sound a bit more "bright", for lack of a better term, than on the CD. I would not call it drastically better than the CD. The full band songs sound a tweak "richer" but, again, nothing drastically better than the CD.

So yes, I spent a decent chunk of change essentially on 2 previously unreleased acoustic songs. But, acoustic Buffett is my favorite Buffett, so I take as much of that as I can get.
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Post by sandman78 »

It does not look like any additional shows were put on nugs except for the ones last week. Anybody have any idea why?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

sandman78 wrote: October 8, 2020 7:28 pm It does not look like any additional shows were put on nugs except for the ones last week. Anybody have any idea why?
Here are this weeks new uploads to nugs:

Pine Knob Music Theatre, Clarkston, MI 07/27/1991
Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN 06/26/ 1992
Starwood Amphitheatre, Antioch, TN 07/ 15/1994
Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH 07/08/2017
Toyota Stadium, Frisco, TX 06/10/2017
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Does anyone know what the VIDEO selection is thus far for nugs? They are making me sign up to see what the video options are
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

FinsUp6835 wrote: October 9, 2020 7:40 pm Does anyone know what the VIDEO selection is thus far for nugs? They are making me sign up to see what the video options are
I don't know if the video section of the Buffett shows has been opened yet, The announcement on 10/1 only said that 5 new audio recordings would be added each week in October. So far 10 concert audio recordings have been added thus far
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Post by sandman78 »

Just a head's up that the Cincinnati show on Nugs.com does not include 5 O'Clock Somewhere which Jimmy played between CIP and Jamaica Mistacia.