Anybody got any Phin Power to spare?

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Re: Anybody got any Phin Power to spare?

Post by Bicycle Bill »

bodypainter wrote: August 31, 2022 1:11 pm Nice you're doing well, Bill. I'm tech impaired and posting pics is the high-water mark I have achieved.
For the average person I can understand and accept that.  But for over ten years my job was that of customer service representative for, over that period, three different major cellular telephone providers.  So after dealing with people and their cellphone issues, demands for new phones, and just plain complaining the cost of their about their bills (hey, lady, read your paperwork... or are you trying to tell that it wasn't you who agreed to get on that platinum-level plan family plan with unlimited everything for twenty-four months so you could get those four brand-new iPhones for free last year?), I should have absorbed through sheer osmosis enough knowledge about those kinds of functions and features that I could be able to do it in my sleep.

Although toward the end — I found myself dreaming of incoming calls, rows and columns of figures, and questions about telephone issues, so maybe I WAS doing it in my sleep.  In fact, that's one of the reasons I finally gave them notice and called it a career... they were barely paying me what I felt I was worth to do this in the daytime; they sureinhell weren't paying me to do it in my dreams too!
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Good incentive to get away from that job! I loved teaching, but 12 years after retirement, I still have teaching dreams.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Update (in case anyone is still interested).

I migrated from the hemi-walker to a regular cane (not one of the quad-based jobbies) back around the beginning of October, and by the end of that month I was starting to get around in public without the cane.   Then, in early December, came the snows, so I dragged the cane back out of retirement.  I'm using it now, and probably will continue to do so throughout the remainder of winter — a rare instance of actually using the brains God gave me and realizing that under current circumstances my sense of pride needed to take a back seat to a stronger sense of prudence and self-preservation.  But while inside the apartment and when walking around other buildings, the cane is not in play.

My next major goal — which probably won't come until spring — will be to throw a leg over the top tube of one of my bikes and get back out on the road again.  Then, and ONLY then, will I feel that I've made a complete recovery!
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] Thanks for the update Bill. Keep on making progress!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Good deal!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

This is a great update, Bill! Don’t sweat the cane or even the hemi - better safe than sorry.

Getting back in the saddle is an awesome goal. [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

bodypainter wrote: August 31, 2022 7:47 pm Good incentive to get away from that job! I loved teaching, but 12 years after retirement, I still have teaching dreams.
Also, in revisiting this thread, Mr. Lime still has work ‘nightmares’, and he retired several years ago.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...