THURSDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

THURSDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Good Morning Everyone. We're hearing that snow may be hitting us this weekend -- it would be the first for us since last February which is fine by me :).

Off to my short work day then taking mom to get her hair done. Yesterday was extremely difficult for Kevin & Kelly. Between the 2 of them she called them 9 times in a 2 hr window. Where's my car. Where's my keys. What's wrong with me ( I DO NOT HAVE DEMENTIA). Who's taking me to the hair dresser? I need food. Now that the finances are pretty much under control (finally, tracked down the pension administrator and got that one final thing set up for auto payment/withdrawal) we can spend all our time and energy looking into a place for her to live (even though "I am never leaving this house").
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: THURSDAY @ the MSC

Post by Dr.Corona »

Good Morning Linda.
Feel for the situation you & Kevin are in. Continued baby steps in the process.

Lynn's transmission has bit the dust in her 2010 GMC Terrain. Not worth replacing/repairing that car. Now the process of getting a replacement vehicle is under way. To say I hate shopping for Automobiles is an understatement. I'm not a knowledgeable car guy so I rely on input from those I can get it from to point me in the right direction. I've been fortunate in my last 2 purchases getting vehicles recommended from friends or trusted people in the car business at fair prices. Another mid size SUV is what we're looking for. Hopefully we can come up with something decent.

Over & out, enjoy your 4th day of January!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Linda and Ken. We had some rain overnight but it's pretty nice out now. There are supposed to be 2 more storms on the way, Saturday and Tuesday, and we could get 4-6 inches of rain. That's on top of the almost 8 inches we got from the tropical storm (but not really, because hurricane season is over) the week before Christmas.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: January 4, 2024 10:08 am Good morning Linda and Ken. We had some rain overnight but it's pretty nice out now. There are supposed to be 2 more storms on the way, Saturday and Tuesday, and we could get 4-6 inches of rain. That's on top of the almost 8 inches we got from the tropical storm (but not really, because hurricane season is over) the week before Christmas.
that's a far cry from the snow we hear may be coming our way....however, they are weather "guessers" so who knows.

Larry -- We need good weather starting on Friday Jan 12 for our trip to your area.....please see what you can do, OK?
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Good morning, BN! :wench:

Supposed to get a foot of snow overnight into Sunday and I am here for it. :D Winter has been a complete bust so far. If it’s going to be this grey and chilly I’ll take snow over drizzly rain every time.

Happy Friday Eve, y’all! 8)
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Saltx3 wrote: January 4, 2024 10:44 am Larry -- We need good weather starting on Friday Jan 12 for our trip to your area.....please see what you can do, OK?
The long range forecast is for temperatures in the high 50s-low 60s for Jan. 12 with a 60% chance of rain, the same temperature for Jan. 13 but no rain. That's as far as the forecast goes right now.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Dr.Corona wrote:I've been fortunate in my last 2 purchases getting vehicles recommended from friends or trusted people in the car business at fair prices.
I don't know that I've ever heard those three things, "trusted people", "car business", and "fair prices" uttered in the same sentence before! :o
Good luck with your shopping!
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

For those who may not have heard, Don Crepeau (Pair8head) has passed away. He and Connie are long time and original members of this forum. Please keep Connie in your thoughts as she navigates this difficult time. I have been communicating with both of them on Facebook Messenger since last summer as Don fought his battles. They are good people.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

You posted JUST before I was about to, Bob. Thank you. :( My heart is broken for Connie. Heck, they were at our wedding. She's been through a lot taking care of him. I admire her love and persistence at his care. :cry: :cry: :cry:

And good morning, BN.
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Saltx3 wrote: January 4, 2024 6:51 am Off to my short work day then taking mom to get her hair done. Yesterday was extremely difficult for Kevin & Kelly. Between the 2 of them she called them 9 times in a 2 hr window. Where's my car. Where's my keys. What's wrong with me ( I DO NOT HAVE DEMENTIA). Who's taking me to the hair dresser? I need food. Now that the finances are pretty much under control (finally, tracked down the pension administrator and got that one final thing set up for auto payment/withdrawal) we can spend all our time and energy looking into a place for her to live (even though "I am never leaving this house").
Been there, done that on the phone calls. All hours of the day/night. :( I'm glad the finances are under control now. Whew. I will also suggest (if you haven't already) that you take Mom with you when looking for a new place. It will make it feel like she had a part in the decision.
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

SMLCHNG wrote: January 4, 2024 12:31 pm
Saltx3 wrote: January 4, 2024 6:51 am Off to my short work day then taking mom to get her hair done. Yesterday was extremely difficult for Kevin & Kelly. Between the 2 of them she called them 9 times in a 2 hr window. Where's my car. Where's my keys. What's wrong with me ( I DO NOT HAVE DEMENTIA). Who's taking me to the hair dresser? I need food. Now that the finances are pretty much under control (finally, tracked down the pension administrator and got that one final thing set up for auto payment/withdrawal) we can spend all our time and energy looking into a place for her to live (even though "I am never leaving this house").
Been there, done that on the phone calls. All hours of the day/night. :( I'm glad the finances are under control now. Whew. I will also suggest (if you haven't already) that you take Mom with you when looking for a new place. It will make it feel like she had a part in the decision.
we will try but she's not being very cooperative on even discussing the need to move out because "there's nothing wrong with me".
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Let her know it's not because anything is wrong with her, but there will be a time that she MAY need help with daily chores, and you and Kevin won't be nearby.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

surfpirate wrote: January 4, 2024 12:23 pm For those who may not have heard, Don Crepeau (Pair8head) has passed away. He and Connie are long time and original members of this forum. Please keep Connie in your thoughts as she navigates this difficult time. I have been communicating with both of them on Facebook Messenger since last summer as Don fought his battles. They are good people.
Such sad news.

~~/)~~/)~~/)~~
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

We lose another of the BN PHamily.
Attachments
fini`shed msc 002.JPG
fini`shed msc 002.JPG (481.08 KiB) Viewed 231 times
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Condolences to Connie. Sail on Don.
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

surfpirate wrote: January 4, 2024 12:23 pm For those who may not have heard, Don Crepeau (Pair8head) has passed away. He and Connie are long time and original members of this forum. Please keep Connie in your thoughts as she navigates this difficult time. I have been communicating with both of them on Facebook Messenger since last summer as Don fought his battles. They are good people.
Thank you for sharing this sad news... I know it is never an easy post to write...
My condolences to Connie...
All I can say is that PHlocking in heaven is getting too friggin' big! :cry:
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

:(
Sail on Don.

((((Connie))))
❤️
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

In the scheme of things, life is not important.

But during the night I had a migraine. I have not had one in 2 years. I have been fighting this for a few days, but it finally hit full fledged during the night. ugh
I took one of my Rx magic pulls and it finally went away.
My brains are scrambled but am getting better.
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

bodypainter wrote: January 4, 2024 3:47 pm We lose another of the BN PHamily.
We went downstairs to look at this drawing when we heard the news.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: January 4, 2024 12:16 pm
Dr.Corona wrote:I've been fortunate in my last 2 purchases getting vehicles recommended from friends or trusted people in the car business at fair prices.
I don't know that I've ever heard those three things, "trusted people", "car business", and "fair prices" uttered in the same sentence before! :o
Good luck with your shopping!
:lol: :lol: :lol: BAM!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image