New Orleans, LA 12.04.1999

Trade bootlegs and get help recording shows

Moderator: SMLCHNG

pocketlnt
Number of Concerts: 6

New Orleans, LA 12.04.1999

Post by pocketlnt »

Hey there.

While ripping my CD collection I found a CD I had previously burned from the broadcast on the Radio Margaritaville website in the ancient days of internet yore. The original Real Audio files have since been lost to many system migrations, but when I saw the CD I remembered that the Jokelben server was explicitly missing this show and confirmed my wife's insistence that we had a copy at one point.

I have uploaded the concert to the Jokelben server for ease of access.

Disclaimer:
The quality is absolutely atrocious as stated it was broadcast via Real Player. There may be some artifacts due to CD degradation and physical damage to the disc itself. Also, for some reason tracks 21: Cairo (Tina and Nadirah) and 22: Fins are missing, but it did capture both encores including the second encore performance of Louisiana 1927.

The tracks were fully captured with FLAC despite the low quality in case someone else wants to convert them or do any remastering on the tracks.

Enjoy the show!

New Orleans Arena - New Orleans, LA
Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band
Beach House on the Moon Tour
Saturday, December 4th, 1999

01 Lage Nom Ai
02 Stars on the Water
03 Ringling, Ringling
04 Pencil Thin Mustache
05 Boat Drinks
06 Volcano
07 School Boy Heart
08 Waiting for the Next Explosion
09 Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
10 Son of a Son of a Sailor
11 Come Monday
12 I Will Play for Gumbo
13 The Pascagoula Run
14 The Wino and I Know (The Beach Band)
15 In the Shelter (The Beach Band)
16 Grapefruit-Juicy Fruit (Jimmy and Fingers)
17 It’s My Job (Mac and Jimmy)
18 Why Don’t We Get Drunk
19 Southern Cross
20 Cheeseburger in Paradise
21 Cairo (Tina and Nadirah) - Missing :(
22 Fins - Missing :(
23 A Pirate Looks at Forty
24 Margaritaville
25 One Particular Harbour

First Encore
26 Sea Cruise
27 Brown Eyed Girl

Second Encore
28 Louisiana 1927 (Randy Newman Cover)
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Re: New Orleans, LA 12.04.1999

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Welcome to BN!

This is great, thank you so much for sharing and uploading (especially in FLAC format!). In terms of the quality, I've certainly heard worse recordings of JB shows.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Thanks for the addition but where exactly did you upload the show to, as both jokelben servers are currently offline and not accessible?
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

urlcenter wrote: January 24, 2024 12:27 pm Thanks for the addition but where exactly did you upload the show to, as both jokelben servers are currently offline and not accessible?
Hi url - looks like they uploaded to the FTP, using an FTP client.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
pocketlnt

Post by pocketlnt »

urlcenter wrote: January 24, 2024 12:27 pm Thanks for the addition but where exactly did you upload the show to, as both jokelben servers are currently offline and not accessible?
Yes, as pointed out it was uploaded to the FTP server. I don't know if that will be automatically reflected in the web interface after the bandwidth refresh, but if not I'll go from there. Let me know if I need to provide this to another location as I'd like to make sure it's properly archived (thus why I exported a real media capture with FLAC :) )
SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SunLover »

pocketlnt wrote: January 24, 2024 9:53 pm
Yes, as pointed out it was uploaded to the FTP server. I don't know if that will be automatically reflected in the web interface after the bandwidth refresh, but if not I'll go from there. Let me know if I need to provide this to another location as I'd like to make sure it's properly archived (thus why I exported a real media capture with FLAC :) )
I got the upload on the server. THANKS for sharing! I will migrate it to Jokelben soon as traffic stabilizes a bit.