Moderator: SMLCHNG

SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Jokelben Pcloud Servers - High Traffic Alert

Post by SunLover »

Hello Parrotheads!

As you probably have seen, many Buffett related sites have been getting higher than usual levels of internet traffic the past couple days, which has caused some sites to produce slow response times or become unavailable. As expected, the Jokelben pcloud servers are also getting high traffic. I just had to shut down 2.1 and bring 2.0 back online. Once traffic is maxed out on both pcloud servers, they are locked out until the next monthly renewal of link traffic.

If you are here to download audio only, please consider using the FTP setup or going old school by using the Right Click > Save File method on each song link. You can find this information in any of the concert download posts.

We love to share the content as much as possible, so please be patient if the servers are offline for a while. If you have any questions about how to download from FTP or HTTP (right click saving), please feel free to ask for help. This forum is always willing to help fellow Parrotheads with technical issues as much as possible.
Tbdbuckeyeitl
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin cup chalice
Number of Concerts: 25

Re: Jokelben Pcloud Servers - High Traffic Alert

Post by Tbdbuckeyeitl »

I am having trouble getting to the ftp site, Do i just type in ftp.cuebas.net???

Is there a way to right click and save the entire show or just songs?

Thank you!
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

Tbdbuckeyeitl wrote: September 4, 2023 4:38 pm I am having trouble getting to the ftp site, Do i just type in ftp.cuebas.net???

Is there a way to right click and save the entire show or just songs?

Thank you!
You need to use an FTP client program, such as Filezilla, to utilize FTP downloading. This program is free and available for multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux). There are other free FTP clients out there that you can use. I use Filezilla full time.

Once you install the FTP client, you will need to configure the logon, which is very easy. All my concert download posts include a graphic that has the host, user, and pass info you need. Note that the password is case sensitive, all lowercase, so don't use any uppercase characters.

After you enter the credentials above, click on connect, and it should take you to the root directory of all the JB shows. Simply navigate to the shows by folder that you want to download, select the folder(s), then start the download. It will save the shows to the directory you choose in the client.

Hint: You can save the server logon info as a favorite, so you don't have to enter the credentials again.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you still have any problems logging in with FTP.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

I will say it again, thank you SunLover!! :D
starwarzed
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by starwarzed »

Sunlover,

Thank you for everything you do! Do you know when the servers will come back after the monthly limit is done?

I just cancelled my nugs subscription due to knowing I could watch everything here lol

Thanks
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

The servers are still off line
starwarzed
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by starwarzed »

I know. I check twice a day. So depressed. No concerts to watch. I am afraid I will miss the window and have to go another month. Thanks for keeping them going
weday007
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at Forty
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by weday007 »

Do we have a date on when the bandwidth math starts over? I will be very gentle and really just need a single show/night.

Awesome stuff, one of the best ideas on the internet.
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

Sorry for the inconvenience...

The servers will be online in the next day or two. I need to add a few items before bringing them back online.

I expect another rush of downloads when they come back up, so I'm working on an additional download method that should send some of the traffic to an alternate part of my FTP site.

Thanks to all for their patience.
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Post by PeretHed66 »

SunLover wrote: October 3, 2023 12:01 am Sorry for the inconvenience...

The servers will be online in the next day or two. I need to add a few items before bringing them back online.

I expect another rush of downloads when they come back up, so I'm working on an additional download method that should send some of the traffic to an alternate part of my FTP site.

No worries, take all the time needed. We all appreciate it.
More Doyle!
Ctsearay
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Juicy Fruit, Son of a Sailor, Death of an unknown Poet
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Corona & Landshark

Post by Ctsearay »

Sunlover we REALLY appreciate all you do for us, more than you will ever know!
______/)__ Fins UP ___/)______

Margaritaville XM/Sirius 24

Jones Beach 2010
2018 3rd ROW Center!
2020 2nd ROW Center!
2021 COVID cancelled our front row tickets
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

There are lot of Parrotheads in the Buffettnews FB group who are anxiously awaiting the servers return, so please post a message on the page when the servers are accessible again.
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

urlcenter wrote: October 5, 2023 2:46 pm

There are lot of Parrotheads in the Buffettnews FB group who are anxiously awaiting the servers return, so please post a message on the page when the servers are accessible again.
The BN FB group currently has over 200k members, so I'm a little reluctant to openly post the server update there. That will most likely cause another run on the servers and take them down again very quickly. I want to allow members to discover the server status on their own, which will happen naturally. This should allow a gradual flow of traffic throughout the month instead of all at once in the first few days. A monthly bandwidth limit of 4 TB (2 TB on each server) can go very quickly.
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Post by PeretHed66 »

And as one would expect, both are offline already.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Been said a million times already, but worth it again - thanks for all you do SL to manage these, too bad people can't play by the rules.
More Doyle!
sciapadre
Favorite Buffett Song: Great Heart

Jokelben site

Post by sciapadre »

I haven't been able to access the Jokelben site for a couple days. Has anybody else had this issue? I just get a message that the site isn't working. I apologize in advance if I missed something. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can share.
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Re: Jokelben site

Post by Caribbean Soul »

I was on it last week (I think it was) and all was fine.
I tried again just now and also got the error site down message.
HOWEVER, I was able to d/l single tracks so it seems to still be there, just not easily accessed.
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
sciapadre

Post by sciapadre »

How were you able to down load the individual tracks? I can't get past the dreaded http 500 error page. I don't for one second doubt you, I'd just like to do the same thing you did.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

sciapadre wrote: February 24, 2024 3:55 pm How were you able to down load the individual tracks? I can't get past the dreaded http 500 error page. I don't for one second doubt you, I'd just like to do the same thing you did.
You can access the servers directly if you already have the passwords:

Jokelben 2.0:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... gijok&ep=1

Jokelben 2.1:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... geWBlzE2ry

The logon and register pages are not functioning at the moment
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

Sorry for the inconvenience.

A recent upgrade of the PHP on the webhost was not compatible with the logon scripts on the Members section of Jokelben. That has been fixed now by rolling back the PHP version.

For now, the servers are offline due to excessive bandwidth. I'm working on a mirror site to serve as a backup for most of the content.
sciapadre

Post by sciapadre »

This just occurred to me and may be a stupid question. Is the content on Jokelben 2.0 and 2.1 the same?