Soaking SATURDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Soaking SATURDAY@ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning BN. It rains all day here. I may go to the gym.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Soaking SATURDAY@ the MSC

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Bill. We're having the same weather here, we're supposed to get 2-3 inches of rain today. I won't be going to the gym, I'm going to a beer tasting class at Total Wine. It's called Drink Me, I'm Irish. I'm expecting one of the beers to be Guinness but I hope they have more than just the old standbys - Smithwick's, Harp, stuff like that. Step outside the box and get something different.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Dreary day here today as well. Bryan is going to go to the grocery and I'm going to cook up some stuff for later in the week. We have my homemade meatballs out of the freezer that I'm going to simmer with some sauce for meatball subs, I'm going to make a big batch of egg rolls for the freezer, and some old school Pepper Steak for a quick meal. I have 3 ripe bananas and I might make a loaf of banana bread. I also have laundry to do. I have all weekend so I'm in no hurry.
You're Killing Me Smalls
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning Bill, Larry, and Tammy! :)

No rain here, sunny and upper 50's today.

We've got to go to the grocery store and liquor store. Some laundry to do. DU Hockey tonight, but it's a late game (for us) and there are other events going on, so crappy parking and lots of walking. :-?

That's about it for today.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I don't think we're going to get the 2-3 inches of rain the weather guys were talking about. When I got out of Total Wine after the beer tasting was over, it had stopped raining, the sun was shining and it's up to 70 degrees.

At least I remembered to set the DVR before I left home, the Hurricanes are playing the Devils today and the game started at 12:30. Maybe I'll have a beer while I watch the game, they only give us 1 oz. samples at Total Wine so I only had 8 oz. of beer.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

Well, I really wanted to get all my meal prep done, but my right shoulder started hurting. For you ladies out there if you had an epidural during childbirth and then later your lower back would be all achy when you overdid it or was on your feet too much, well after my open heart surgery and they decided to do a thoracentesis, every once in awhile my right shoulder hurts/aches something awful. That procedure was one of the worst things I have ever endured. It felt like a contraction starting in the middle of my back and pulled around my side, up under my arm and it felt like all of the air was being sucked out of my body. I do not recommend. 😞 My cooking and laundry will have to wait until tomorrow.
You're Killing Me Smalls
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

Hi there! I finally framed a small beach painting for the side room. I got a premade frame at Hobby Lobby at half off.

Sorry for all the pain, Tammy.
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Hot Hot Hot.

I am the King of Somewhere HOT!

Although it is autumn here, summer has finally arrived. We are having more than a week of 105°F days, it hasn't rained since January 26th and that was only one or two points.

The nights aren't getting below 77°F and worst of all the humidity is staying up, so the swamp box on the roof (evaporative air conditioner) is struggling.

Where we live (the Barossa Valley wine region, go on - look it up, I'll wait. Best shiraz in the world!) is normally very low humidity, some like to call it Mediterranean, but an hour and a half in the car can see you in the "great Australian outback" which is code for desert. So the good burghers of the valley don't do humidity well but as we are parrotheads and having a love for our One Particular Harbo(u)rs we're not faring too bad!

Although the aforementioned heat and humidity has moved the shiraz down the list of preferred tipples, at least temporarily - the rosé has climbed the list in response!
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

bodypainter wrote: March 9, 2024 4:11 pm Hi there! I finally framed a small beach painting for the side room. I got a premade frame at Hobby Lobby at half off.

Hey Bill,

Speaking of paintings and frames, a few years ago, for our tenth wedding anniversary an artist friend gifted us the pair of paintings below.

They were actually on the wall of a small hotel she owned in Vanuatu and we mentioned how much we liked the pair, so she took them off the wall and gave them to us!

We have had them on the wall, unframed for many years but I would like to frame them. in your opinion, would they be better as two separate frames or as they are a pair framed together?

For context the second image is a shot of another part of our island themed "gallery"...
Devils Point.jpg
Devils Point.jpg (57.18 KiB) Viewed 86 times
Gallery.jpg
Gallery.jpg (63.84 KiB) Viewed 86 times
Last edited by Rabbitz on March 9, 2024 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

It's ugly outside here as well. Glad we didn't have to go anywhere:).

More purging today. Since we won't be needing many heavy coats, boots, gloves, warm sweaters, long sleeve shirts, etc and with Kevin retiring at the end of June his "work" clothes will also be donated. There are 3 52 gal trash bags for Purple Heart to pickup on the 20th. By that time, there may be more.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

Grey and dreary here today... no rain, though... YET.
This weather seems to be a day off... :lol:
We have noticed that on the first day of Daylight Saving Time it is frequently overcast and rainy, so the effect of the later sunset is lost. :-?
Hoping that maybe tomorrow will be nicer...
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

bodypainter wrote: March 9, 2024 4:11 pm Hi there! I finally framed a small beach painting for the side room. I got a premade frame at Hobby Lobby at half off.

Thanks Bill. I've been taking Tylenol regularly all day and before I go to bed I'm going to check my stash to see if I have a leftover pain pill I can break in half. Bryan has been keeping my glass full and he made Spaghetti to go with the meatballs and our fav garlic salad.
Does Hobby lobby have pre-made mats as well as frames? Interested in getting some of our Wyeth prints ready to hang in the lower level.
You're Killing Me Smalls
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

Rabbitz wrote: March 9, 2024 4:22 pm Hot Hot Hot.

I am the King of Somewhere HOT!

Although it is autumn here, summer has finally arrived. We are having more than a week of 105°F days, it hasn't rained since January 26th and that was only one or two points.

The nights aren't getting below 77°F and worst of all the humidity is staying up, so the swamp box on the roof (evaporative air conditioner) is struggling.

Where we live (the Barossa Valley wine region, go on - look it up, I'll wait. Best shiraz in the world!) is normally very low humidity, some like to call it Mediterranean, but an hour and a half in the car can see you in the "great Australian outback" which is code for desert. So the good burghers of the valley don't do humidity well but as we are parrotheads and having a love for our One Particular Harbo(u)rs we're not faring too bad!

Although the aforementioned heat and humidity has moved the shiraz down the list of preferred tipples, at least temporarily - the rosé has climbed the list in response!
Hiya, Rabz! Love the island art wall! The two paintings deserve to be together. The bottom of the first flows into the second and should be hung that way, as one framed piece. However, framed separately, they could be spaced differently with the fish offset from the top painting. If they are small in sixe, I'd frame them together.
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

Cheers Bill.

Much appreciated. They are roughly 14"x14" I guess, so not overwhelmingly large when together.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman