THURSDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

THURSDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Another early morning for the Ringers....

we got 2 calls last night from mom's facility -- first one at 9:30 that she had set off the security alarm opening a fire escape door.; second one at 9:45 after they got her back in her room and she went through the lobby - said "I called a taxi" and tried to leave the building (which is locked at 8:00 pm). The receptionist called after they got her back in her room and while talking to us mom was headed out the door again. They put us on speaker phone while they talked to her. She said she was just going to sit out on the porch "like I did last night" (which she didn't since residents are permitted to sit out in the dark by themselves). She asked if we were coming to visit today and we said we have to work. 15 mins later they called to say the DON (Director of nursing) had moved her to the memory unit for the evening. We went to bed.

This morning Kevin had 11 calls from mom between 10-11 with 5 voice messages saying "they have me in a room -- I need my snacks - what did YOU do to me - I'm not trying to escape". Kevin is taking a sick day today :(.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Re: THURSDAY @ the MSC

Post by melon59 »

(((Linda and Kevin))) I am thinking about you all the time 💞 I wish I had some words of wisdom. Hang in there.
You're Killing Me Smalls
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Good Thursday morning, BN. 😃

Debbie
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning peoples.

The Pelicans are having a preseason party at the ballpark today at 4:00. The article on the website says "Party With The Pelicans" but none of the Pelicans are going to be there. They're in the Chicago Cubs organization and the Cubs have their spring training facility in Arizona. Spring training isn't over yet so all the players are still out west.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning Linda, Bill, Deb, and Larry.

Linda - all I can say is I know how you're feeling. Mom tried to do that a few times, as well. The best advice we were ever given was to repeat, "It's not her fault"... over and over. :-? :-? And make sure if she's going to continue to be in the Memory Care area that she has her snacks. ;) Also, decide when it's time to tell her that her phone isn't working and you'll try to get it fixed.. and turn off the service temporarily until you see how she's going to react. All not easy things.. I know.
LIPH wrote: March 21, 2024 10:22 am The article on the website says "Party With The Pelicans" but none of the Pelicans are going to be there.
Maybe they'll be having REAL pelicans?? :P
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

First round games in the NCAA Basketball Tournament started at 11:00am, I should probably go to Hooters and order a cold beverage so I can get my free appetizer.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Beautiful but blustery day....we just had a facetime/video chat with our friends and realtor in Myrtle Beach at the house we like :). Kevin and I will have to make a decision after a few questions get answered....maybe 1 step closer.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Enjoy the beer and food, Larry!

Fingers and toes crossed, Linda!
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 21, 2024 12:29 pm
LIPH wrote: March 21, 2024 10:22 am The article on the website says "Party With The Pelicans" but none of the Pelicans are going to be there.
Maybe they'll be having REAL pelicans?? :P
No real Pelicans, but we do have them here. They did have a fake pelican. The Pelicans have 3 mascots, one of them is Splash, a guy dressed in a pelican costume wearing a Pelicans jersey.

This is going to be the Pelicans' 25th season so they came up with a special logo. I was going to stop in the team store to see if they had any merchandise with the logo but there were boxes all over the place and it was a mess. I'll wait until I go to a game.