Final Monday in March @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Final Monday in March @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Good Morning!

Kevin & I will both be busy at work today; him with payroll and month-end stuff; me with the craziness of permits -- everyone wants their fence, shed, pool, etc paperwork done yesterday. They are all being told allow at least 3 business weeks but apparently no one know what that means :).

We are meeting our realtor at mom's after work. We are anxious to see what his thoughts are on how to sell quickly and how to dispose of 40 years of stuff. Then Kevin will need to have a serious talk with his sister.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: Final Monday in March @ the MSC

Post by Dr.Corona »

Good morning Linda......those to come.
The wheels they be in motion Now for sure huh Linda. Hope everything goes as well as it possibly can.
Last week of March...good news/bad news situation for me. The end of tax season in sight, yet DEADLINES fast approaching with end of the quarter lurking too. As Freddy Mercury & David Bowie sang together way back in the 80's...

Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Good morning, Linda and Ken. Happy Monday!

Debbie
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning Linda (good luck), Ken (hang in there), Deb, and BN!

Quite the adventure this morning getting to work. Last night the rain turned to snow and it snowed all night long. We only had about 4" of snow, but there was ice below that. I rode in with E and it took us an hour and 15 (usually 25) minutes to get to my office. Then it took him 35 minutes to get to his office (usually 15).

Hopefully the roads will be more clear when we go home.
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

Hi everyone!

Sending positive vibes for smooth transitions to Linda and Kevin Says. Liquidating a parent’s home is tough.

Ken, hoping the numbers jive and the next few weeks are as smooth as possible.

P&E, hoping the travel home is easy. Spring storms are awful—we had one Friday morning which caused me to not travel to Detroit. I made it about 15 miles south before heading back home. Hate that I missed a training, but the intensity of snow and not being able to see the road was too much.

This week is Spring Break so I have been slowly catching up on chores. Mid 50’s and sun today made dog poop clean up fairly easy. Tomorrow is garbage day, so the timing was perfect.
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

Saltx3 wrote: March 25, 2024 6:41 am We are meeting our realtor at mom's after work. We are anxious to see what his thoughts are on how to sell quickly and how to dispose of 40 years of stuff. Then Kevin will need to have a serious talk with his sister.
I am sure your realtor would know this... but when I had to sell my parents' home in New York I found a woman who arranged for an estate sale first, then donated useable items to charity, and brought smaller things (think knick-knacks & kitchen items) to her thrift store to sell on consignment. Then the final step was to arrange for a junk guy to clear out the remainder, leaving an empty house for the realtor to show. It worked out quite well for me as I did not have to be down there for any of it. I hope you have a similar experience. GOOD LUCK!
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Today was emotional (Bryan's Dad's first birthday since he passed) He tried to reach out to both of his sisters and neither of them answered his call. But he understands that it's a hard day. Also his younger sisters husband is fighting stage 4 cancer. (Started in his anal/pelvic region and after initial treatment it's spread) They're trying to decide if they want to go for more chemo. Without treatment he is looking at maybe 6 months. I told Bryan that he needs to decide if he's ok with not seeing Stace again and if not he needs to reach out and plan a trip down to NC to see him. When the family armored car company was going strong, Stace was the head of fleet maintenance/head diesel mechanic. We've known him forever. He's just a great guy.
Hope things work out smoothly Linda 🙏
You're Killing Me Smalls
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Caribbean Soul wrote: March 25, 2024 6:38 pm I am sure your realtor would know this... but when I had to sell my parents' home in New York I found a woman who arranged for an estate sale first, then donated useable items to charity, and brought smaller things (think knick-knacks & kitchen items) to her thrift store to sell on consignment. Then the final step was to arrange for a junk guy to clear out the remainder, leaving an empty house for the realtor to show. It worked out quite well for me as I did not have to be down there for any of it. I hope you have a similar experience. GOOD LUCK!
We had a similar situation with Mom & Dad's house, although my sister and I went through things a little beforehand.
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

(((((Bryan and Tammy))))) [smilie=hearts.gif]

Thank you, Mel!! :D It was MUCH better driving home!
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Caribbean Soul wrote: March 25, 2024 6:38 pm
Saltx3 wrote: March 25, 2024 6:41 am We are meeting our realtor at mom's after work. We are anxious to see what his thoughts are on how to sell quickly and how to dispose of 40 years of stuff. Then Kevin will need to have a serious talk with his sister.
I am sure your realtor would know this... but when I had to sell my parents' home in New York I found a woman who arranged for an estate sale first, then donated useable items to charity, and brought smaller things (think knick-knacks & kitchen items) to her thrift store to sell on consignment. Then the final step was to arrange for a junk guy to clear out the remainder, leaving an empty house for the realtor to show. It worked out quite well for me as I did not have to be down there for any of it. I hope you have a similar experience. GOOD LUCK!
Yea -- there are several auction houses in Lancaster County.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 26, 2024 9:48 am
Caribbean Soul wrote: March 25, 2024 6:38 pm I am sure your realtor would know this... but when I had to sell my parents' home in New York I found a woman who arranged for an estate sale first, then donated useable items to charity, and brought smaller things (think knick-knacks & kitchen items) to her thrift store to sell on consignment. Then the final step was to arrange for a junk guy to clear out the remainder, leaving an empty house for the realtor to show. It worked out quite well for me as I did not have to be down there for any of it. I hope you have a similar experience. GOOD LUCK!
We had a similar situation with Mom & Dad's house, although my sister and I went through things a little beforehand.
Oh of course! My brother and I went through theirs first too,,, [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
Then I went down to LI multiple times afterward and texted him photos (he's in VA) if I saw anything he might want.
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99