Jimmy Buffett in the Hall of Fame…

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

TravisMcGeeBahiaMar
Favorite Buffett Song: Here We Are
Number of Concerts: 100

Jimmy Buffett in the Hall of Fame…

Post by TravisMcGeeBahiaMar »

How do we feel about this? I always thought it was an insult that Jimmy was never inducted in his lifetime. Now that he is in, who cares?
I never went to the Hall because Buffett (and Warren Zevon) were never inducted. I just thought I wasn’t going to go if he wasn’t in. Now that Buffett is in, albeit in some made up category, I still don’t think I’ll go. I’ll go back to Key West instead.
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Re: Jimmy Buffett in the Hall of Fame…

Post by MDShark70 »

The Rock Hall is a bit of a joke when you look at who is in and who isn't. But I will say this: What they do well is put together a museum. I was there almost a dozen years ago now and the exhibits were excellent. I was there for probably close to 5 hours. You start in the bottom of the building and work your way up. I was so engrossed when I was finally finished I realized I forgot to eat lunch!
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
jedivet
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

Post by jedivet »

MDShark70 wrote: April 22, 2024 9:02 am The Rock Hall is a bit of a joke when you look at who is in and who isn't. But I will say this: What they do well is put together a museum. I was there almost a dozen years ago now and the exhibits were excellent. I was there for probably close to 5 hours. You start in the bottom of the building and work your way up. I was so engrossed when I was finally finished I realized I forgot to eat lunch!
This. Like most Halls of Fame, there will always be people "left out" and people in who "shouldn't be", etc. And the endless arguments and strong feelings about these things. But also like most Halls of Fame, that's not the main point of visiting. The honoring of their subject is. And Rock Hall does a fantastic job of this. I haven't been in about twenty years now, as I haven't made it back to Cleveland in ages (it's my childhood home), but as far as Halls of Fame go, it's a good one. One of the best I've been to, actually. Cooperstown hit me hard because I love baseball, but for sheer enjoyment and learning about its subject, Rock Hall is top of the list.
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...
tomdeb1986
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Any beach drink

Post by tomdeb1986 »

jedivet wrote: April 22, 2024 11:36 am
MDShark70 wrote: April 22, 2024 9:02 am The Rock Hall is a bit of a joke when you look at who is in and who isn't. But I will say this: What they do well is put together a museum. I was there almost a dozen years ago now and the exhibits were excellent. I was there for probably close to 5 hours. You start in the bottom of the building and work your way up. I was so engrossed when I was finally finished I realized I forgot to eat lunch!
This. Like most Halls of Fame, there will always be people "left out" and people in who "shouldn't be", etc. And the endless arguments and strong feelings about these things. But also like most Halls of Fame, that's not the main point of visiting. The honoring of their subject is. And Rock Hall does a fantastic job of this. I haven't been in about twenty years now, as I haven't made it back to Cleveland in ages (it's my childhood home), but as far as Halls of Fame go, it's a good one. One of the best I've been to, actually. Cooperstown hit me hard because I love baseball, but for sheer enjoyment and learning about its subject, Rock Hall is top of the
Love both of these comments as they are so true, to me anyways. I am glad Jimmy is being recognized and honoured. What I find with some fans is that there is no other music or musician other than Jimmy Buffett. I would love to visit the RRHOF but that is never going to happen. 🍻🇨🇦
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

I am not sure how I feel about this...
Jimmy never seemed bothered by his omission and looking at who else has been inducted in recent years I can see why! Although he appreciated and had friends across many different musical genre, as evidenced by the many, many tributes and comments after his death, so there's that. :D

I am also confused, as when the announcement was made it said there were 8 inductees this year, followed by a list of other awards. Jimmy was in this last category, getting the "Musical Excellence Award" along with 3 other performers.
So my question- Is Jimmy actually an inductee or just an honoree?
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99