Jimmy a Christian?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Bob Roberts
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: cold

Post by Bob Roberts »

Sending this one back up top, it's a good subject.
"The sound of the weather is Heaven's ragtime band."
Key Lime Lee
Living My Life Like A Song
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Key Lime Lee »

*SIGH*

It's not THAT good.
Eleven longhaired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus...
Bigyakmango
Favorite Buffett Song: take another road
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: Jimmy a Christian?

Post by Bigyakmango »

Can you reply to a thread this old?

Jimmy's mission in life was to spread joy and happiness through music and humor, that is abundantly clear now. And right to the end! that is what he did, with all of his strength!

It is also clear that he understood Christianity, since he was raised Catholic and was an altar boy too. And he attended mass, they are saying, which I never knew.

Did he have a personal relationship with Jesus? A paradoxical question, because personal is personal, isn't it?

If you are a Bible reader, you would know, Jesus visited the dregs of his society to bring them hope and companionship, in prisons, in the worst places, didn't He? To transmit to them, His spirit. He even offered his message to the rich and powerful, but they often rejected it.

What have you received from Jimmy Buffett? How has he affected you, your spirit, your life? He has left you broken-hearted, true, for now. Even hungry for more of him, but mainly , you know what he gave you, don't you? He gave you a big helping of the Bread of Life , Joy, the love of truth and beauty and decent manners (ha.) . He found you right where you live, and gifted you with it. And for many, like myself, his work got us through the bad and lonely times, to better places. Many, many of us. He got you ! You cannot reject it now! Convicted!

It is no mistake he was born on Christmas Day.

One last thought. When Jesus spoke at his last supper, he mourned only one thing....WINE! The one thing He would miss leaving behind!
Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Re: Jimmy a Christian?

Post by Bucarader »

I think Jimmy was a Christian. He was very private in his faith, and kept it to himself.

In his book, he often refers to the St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans as his home church.

As mentioned above, he spread joy, love and happiness.
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.