Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

6/24/2003 - Detroit MI

Archive of past shows with comments. Visit the Set List Database Archive for more shows
tgr8one
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After (every now and then)
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita Rocks W/salt

Post by tgr8one » June 24, 2003 10:57 pm

Bill S. wrote:Hi guys-

Dad is in Margaritaville - passed away in April. We had tickets to 6 shows this summer and he was really looking forward to them. The old ticker just didn't cooperate. He had a good run with JB at 23 shows and he didn't suffer. We should all be so lucky. I know he is listening tonight and says fins-up to all. Enjoy every minute to the fullest and enjoy JB as long as you can. It is great to spend an evening with fellow parrotheads - I wish we could all meet and have the party to end all parties.
PHINZ UP < Bill
just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy...
ImageImageImage

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr » June 24, 2003 10:57 pm

Bill-so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he led a good and full life. A lesson for all of us!

Bamafan
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Bamafan » June 24, 2003 10:57 pm

tgr8one wrote:
Bill S. wrote:Hi guys-

Dad is in Margaritaville - passed away in April. We had tickets to 6 shows this summer and he was really looking forward to them. The old ticker just didn't cooperate. He had a good run with JB at 23 shows and he didn't suffer. We should all be so lucky. I know he is listening tonight and says fins-up to all. Enjoy every minute to the fullest and enjoy JB as long as you can. It is great to spend an evening with fellow parrotheads - I wish we could all meet and have the party to end all parties.
PHINZ UP < Bill
Yeah, tough story.

Nicki
Behind Door #3

Post by Nicki » June 24, 2003 11:44 pm

Hello Bill - Just as I went to post my condolences, I lost the BN connection again. It sure sounds like you & your Dad had something special - that doesn't always happen so I think you guys may have been very lucky. I will raise a glass to you both during future concerts.

Thanks to everyone for a great night! See you Thursday

12 lb. nestle crunch
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: cran.+vodka

Post by 12 lb. nestle crunch » June 25, 2003 12:58 am

man i missed the first half of the show, then i couldnt get onto buffettnews! what a night - all cuervo's fault

siegel5979
Southeast of disorder

Post by siegel5979 » June 25, 2003 12:14 pm

What was everyone's take on the show??? How was the feed? If anyone has a good recording and would be willing to do b&p, please pm me or email me at siegel5979@hotmail.com, I have some shows that you might be interested in instead of b&p. Email or pm for details.

Thanks
Steve

ShortFatGuy
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: LandShark and lime

Post by ShortFatGuy » June 26, 2003 12:58 am

Just curious: are there any audience-tapers still around, or does everybody just use the Radio Margaritaville feeds?
Unofficial Buffett podcast:
"Wasting Away on the North Coast"
iTunes link
Feedburner link