phjim
BN Webmaster
BN Webmaster
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita

Jimmy on the Today Show

Post by phjim »

Jimmy Buffett appeared on the "Where in the World" Today Show segment with Matt. The segment is being broadcast from Necker Island. Jimmy sang "Changes in Latitudes" in one segment and Matt mentioned the new album " License to Chill". Later Jimmy came back with Mac McAnally and Ralph McDonald and performed "Licence to Chill". On the segment at 10 am Jimmy played "Come Monday", requested by Matt Lauder.
Last edited by phjim on February 13, 2004 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CaribbnSoul
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by CaribbnSoul »

That is incredible....I was getting ready for work this morning and was thinking about turning it on to see where he was at but got distracted...Matt is a very lucky guy!! Did anyone happen to tape it??
Wishin' every month of the year could be June

If life hands you lemons, make lemonade...and try your best to find someone who's life has handed them vodka..and have a party!
cartmill72
Half-baked cookies in the oven

If you did tape it...

Post by cartmill72 »

If you did happen to tape the segment(s), could you share a Quick Time video of it? For those of us stuck in rush hour traffic, it would be a great early Valentine's Day gift.

:-)
Parrothead • Phish Phan •
Stones Fan •
Deadhead • Music Freak.

Visit my site @
http://www.music4life.info
landshark
Southeast of disorder

Post by landshark »

the finished up with a request from matt where buffett sang come monday in dedication for the crew and everything that went into matt trips. buffett sang: "i've spent 5 lonely days in this round the world haze" in the chours. the show ended with sir richard branson throwing matt off the sail boat at the end of the show. that was worth getting up early for. :D
"The best navigators are not quite sure where they're going until they get there, and then thier still not sure."
Matt1966CT
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Matt1966CT »

Thanks for the tip. I set the TiVo to record the West Coast feed of NBC. It's 45 minutes into the show, I hope I didn't miss it.
hikingontuesday
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by hikingontuesday »

I loved it. I watched the show and the very best part was while Matt was talking about the BVI's the history, culture, etc. you heard a very quite version of CILCIA, and Matt told Katy he owed a big thank you for the guys in the control room for getting Jimmy Buffett as his background music...

The camera then pans to the letf and it is Jimmy with a michrophone and Matt says "Hello Jimmy."

Thanks again to BN for giving us the heads up yesterday. 8)

Watching the show has made me... "Want to go back to the Island........"
I wanna go back to the Island...

See you in Boston, September 2nd!
Travelin'man
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Zombie

Post by Travelin'man »

Very cool! I had my wife record, now I just have to wait til i get off of w**k! 8)
"I ran into a chum with a bottle of rum, and we wound up drinkin' all night"
phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Post by phjrsaunt »

hikingontuesday wrote:I loved it. I watched the show and the very best part was while Matt was talking about the BVI's the history, culture, etc. you heard a very quite version of CILCIA, and Matt told Katy he owed a big thank you for the guys in the control room for getting Jimmy Buffett as his background music...

The camera then pans to the letf and it is Jimmy with a michrophone and Matt says "Hello Jimmy."

Thanks again to BN for giving us the heads up yesterday. 8)

Watching the show has made me... "Want to go back to the Island........"
That WAS sweet....those coy devils at NBC :D

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.