What parrotheads are coming to Columbia?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

ParrotDawg
Southeast of disorder

Post by ParrotDawg »

PhnSC said...Cant wait to meet some of you guys.

Does that apply to Dawg fans too? LOL :wink:
PHnSC
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 32

Post by PHnSC »

ParrotDawg wrote:PhnSC said...Cant wait to meet some of you guys.

Does that apply to Dawg fans too? LOL :wink:
LOL, Hey ParrotDawg, that goes for everyone.Now if you were a Tiger, I would be a little upset lol :lol:
carolinagirl
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: mohito

Post by carolinagirl »

As parrotthed hubby said, we'll be there at the Holiday Inn... and Section 115, Row 22 in the concert... It's gonna be so kewl!!! Wait a min, parrotheads don't talk like that do they? :oops: :wink: :D We'll have a swashbuckling time!!! :wench: Just how DO you buckle those swashes??? and what's so fun about it? :roll: :roll: :roll:
flipflops
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by flipflops »

I was stuck at Jillian's last year which wasn't too bad, but what's the deal with tailgating? Will there be any?
Jonathan
Check out my band! http://fivelongyears.net
ParrotDawg
Southeast of disorder

Post by ParrotDawg »

"Stuck" at Jillians? Was it crowded, fun or sort of "not like the parking lot at Hi-Fi Amp in ATL"? We were thinking of hitting Jillians before hand...
bananaman
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays....at the moment
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Classic margarita on the rocks

Post by bananaman »

I'm coming all the way from Sumter (35 miles away). No need for a hotel. I just plan on being sober enuff to drive after the concert. :lol:
THOU SHALL NOT EAT THY NEIGHBOR'S WIFE......'S POPCORN!
PHnSC
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by PHnSC »

flipflops wrote:I was stuck at Jillian's last year which wasn't tti bad, but what's the deal with tailgating? Will there be any?
Tailgating was aloud last year, and have heard nothing about it not being aloud this year. The Center has had no problem about tailgating for any concerts I have gone to. Come join me and the other parrotheads in my group. We will be out there tailgating around 1 or so.
ParrotDawg
Southeast of disorder

Post by ParrotDawg »

PHnSC wrote:Come join me and the other parrotheads in my group. We will be out there tailgating around 1 or so.
How can we find you, besides looking for a flower shirt, a lei and a cooler of Coronas? :wink:
RWParrot

Post by RWParrot »

The wife and I will be there, coming from Summerville. I think we will be staying with friends. So where are we all going for the before concert party??

Floor, Right side Row 27

got them off ticketmaster online, Can you believe it!!
If we couldn't laugh.. We would all go insane
- Jimmy Buffett
carolinagirl
At the Bama Breeze

Jillian's

Post by carolinagirl »

ParrotDawg wrote:"Stuck" at Jillians? Was it crowded, fun or sort of "not like the parking lot at Hi-Fi Amp in ATL"? We were thinking of hitting Jillians before hand...
We went to Jillian's afterward last year, and it was fun. Maybe flipflops was with someone who wanted to stay and he/she wanted to tailgate?
Parrotthed
I need two more boat drinks

Post by Parrotthed »

phargophan wrote:We got two people flying down from Fargo, ND. I have a brother and his wife who live in Spartanburg SC. They have never seen Jimmy, and are huge fans. So I figured, why not? I treated on the tickets. Hope they are good. We got in section 110 behind the stage. Every time I have had seats behind the stage, they have been wonderful. Hope that will be true in Columbia!. We are all excited.
Hope to see you there. Where are your seats?

phargophan
We sat in section 110 behind the stage for Buffett's concert there last year and they were great seats. You can see the stage very well and of course Buffett turns around and faces you for the acoustic set after intermission.
This year we're on the lower level to the left side off the stage so we can see the stage from the front for a change....
"I heard I was in town...."
PHnSC
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by PHnSC »

ParrotDawg wrote:
PHnSC wrote:Come join me and the other parrotheads in my group. We will be out there tailgating around 1 or so.
How can we find you, besides looking for a flower shirt, a lei and a cooler of Coronas? :wink:
As the show gets closer, I can give more info on where in the parking lot I will be located. Plus I put in my order for my buffettnews nametag.
flipflops
I have found me a home

Post by flipflops »

The band was pretty good and the drinks were flowing, but I guess I'm a little bitter because the bartender added a $60 tip to my $25 tab. I'm a good tipper, but I'm not that good.

The tailgating sounds good! I should be there around 1:00 also!

Buffettnews name tag? Where can I get one of those?!
Jonathan
Check out my band! http://fivelongyears.net
PHnSC
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by PHnSC »

flipflops wrote:The band was pretty good and the drinks were flowing, but I guess I'm a little bitter because the bartender added a $60 tip to my $25 tab. I'm a good tipper, but I'm not that good.

Look under the topics in the Forum and there is one about the nametags.
carolinagirl
At the Bama Breeze

Post by carolinagirl »

flipflops wrote:The band was pretty good and the drinks were flowing, but I guess I'm a little bitter because the bartender added a $60 tip to my $25 tab. I'm a good tipper, but I'm not that good.
Wow... I can see why... That's outrageous. I cannot stand it when they say, "Do you need change?" esp. when you give them a big bill. :x
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

Thats why I pay drink to drink I control the tips and If I'm over
charged I just leave after a quick "chat " with the manager
followed by a "chat" with the ABC in the morning
robbyporter
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by robbyporter »

going to cola town and charlotte. i am less than an hour away, so it is required by state law! :D
I am a certified, card-carrying smart@$$. I would like to apologize for any future inconvenience at this time.
Captain Joe
I have found me a home

Post by Captain Joe »

Hey all...I just stumbled upon this great site. I've been a Parrothead for a good 20 years now and its cool find a place where folks of the same mind flock. I"ll be heading up to Columbia with a Navy buddy for the show (section 118) and as luck would have it, got a room at the holiday inn. Looking foward to running into some of you and having a Corona.
The Seas in my veins
ParrotDawg
Southeast of disorder

Post by ParrotDawg »

Captain Joe wrote:Hey all...I just stumbled upon this great site. I've been a Parrothead for a good 20 years now and its cool find a place where folks of the same mind flock. I"ll be heading up to Columbia with a Navy buddy for the show (section 118) and as luck would have it, got a room at the holiday inn. Looking foward to running into some of you and having a Corona.
Hey, I use to be stationed at King's Bay. Any chance you are stationed there?
Captain Joe
I have found me a home

Post by Captain Joe »

Sure am. I teach submarine navigation down here. What did you do? Did you ever see Jimmy in Jacksonville. It seems like he always skips Jville. I hope he comes this summer. In the mean time I'll just have hunt him down in Columbia.
The Seas in my veins