Alpine Valley Tailgating - New Rules

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by iuparrothead »

ROTLMFAO @ Joe Merchant!!!!!!!!!!!
Image`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
alpinevalley
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 100

Post by alpinevalley »

gworm wrote:Brian- I would be curious to get your insight on the other thread that I just posted about ticket limits for Buffett shows (on this same forum)- may be outside of your area of expertise but thought I would ask anyway-thanks.
As I know it, the tour will set them and the base it upon the fact of how they think a show will well in that particular market. For Rod Stewart, no limit. For DMB, 2 and 6 or a total of 6. They also want to prevent the scalping of tickets as much as possible as well.

Regards,
Brian
alpinevalley
I have found me a home

Post by alpinevalley »

Joe Merchant wrote:Brian....

Thanks for all the info you've been providing within this thread. So if I've read this correctly, without actually saying so, you've agreed to open the lots at 10AM for any registered Buffettnewser? That's great!!!

Quick question for you....what harm could a glow in the dark necklace really cause? I would think you'd be ok with these. We had some a couple of years ago and they sure helped me find my group in the lawn. And please don't try telling me that someone could tie five or six together and form a bullwhip......after 10 hours in the lot no one is capable of tying anything together.....
Sorry, 3pm it is for everyone, Buffettnewsers included. The glow necklaces aren't really a huge problem, but we just don't want anything that can be thrown and/or hurt other guests or the performers. The "glow" rules come from the tour and not the venue. We have some specific policies that are consistent from a venue standpoint from show to show, and the tour sets additional policies from show to show and venue to venue.

Regards,
Brian
sholleran
I need two more boat drinks

weapons definition

Post by sholleran »

LMAO, Joe Merchant!

Pholks, in this day of deadly nail clippers, the idea of glow necklaces or whatever as weapons seems as reasonable as the rest of the insane world we live in. It's not what people will do, it's what the might be able to do. Be reasonable, be safe, make Brian's people's life easier.

Enjoy the show!

Looking forward to meeting you, and all my parrothead friends
Browneyed Girl
Nibblin' on sponge cake

I have to say...

Post by Browneyed Girl »

I think it's great how everyone is taking things in manner they are meant and not nit-picking and whining about Brian and his people. It proves once again, Parrotheads are a great group of people. Although I believe we resemble "Gypsies in the Palace" every year, and we cut loose, It's nice to hear from Brian and how we can make his day go a little easier. I know all of us think some of the rules are a bit anal, but remember, there is a reason why there is a warning on hairdryers not to be used while taking a bath or shower..... :roll: :o or "do not attempt to iron clothes while wearing them" or something like that... ( naked ironing??? :P ) because someone tried to do it!!!
Thanks Brian for your posts and suggestions, Jimmy spilled the beans last year about the parking lot, it was our little secret....
But everyone remember the code...
What happens at alpine valley, STAYS AT ALPINE VALLEY!!!!! :wench:
LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING: WOW.... WHAT A RIDE !!!"
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Re: I have to say...

Post by CaptainP »

Browneyed Girl wrote: But everyone remember the code...

Amen to that! I'd be divorced 10x over if that wasn't the case!
finsupnorth
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Margaritaville (haha-JK)...When the Coast is Clear
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: I gotta littl' Captn' in me!

Post by finsupnorth »

CaptainP wrote:
Browneyed Girl wrote: But everyone remember the code...

Amen to that! I'd be divorced 10x over if that wasn't the case!
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Need more energy? Need your appetite suppressed?
Great product to help you lose weight naturally...
http://www.seedietmagic.com

Meet you in Margaritaville:
Alpine 2012??
alpinevalley
I have found me a home

Post by alpinevalley »

Browneyed Girl wrote:I think it's great how everyone is taking things in manner they are meant and not nit-picking and whining about Brian and his people. It proves once again, Parrotheads are a great group of people. Although I believe we resemble "Gypsies in the Palace" every year, and we cut loose, It's nice to hear from Brian and how we can make his day go a little easier. I know all of us think some of the rules are a bit anal, but remember, there is a reason why there is a warning on hairdryers not to be used while taking a bath or shower
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome and for listening. It's been very nice to hear from everyone and I received a better reaction than I first expected. I hope I will have a chance to meet most of you in person on the day of show.

Regards,
Brian
iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk

Post by iuparrothead »

The next step for you Brian will be to post a pic of yourself... so we can recognize you! :D
Joe Merchant
Gypsies in the palace

Post by Joe Merchant »

Hey Brian...

What's Alpines policy on wearning hats into the concert? Volcanohead and I have a couple of hats we'd like to wear to the show....

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice hats!
sholleran
I need two more boat drinks

Love the hats

Post by sholleran »

LOVE the hats, and I've got a tip for you:

If your hat requires a chin strap as big as a saddle's cinch, you need a bigger head! :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :D :D :D

Looking forward to meeting you, and all my parrothead friends
BrewskiRehab
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by BrewskiRehab »

hey brian,

how strict will the 3 pm parking lot rule be. It seems that they have it every year, but so many people show up, that they let in everyone before the scheduled time anyways. If too many people show up again, will parking gates open, or are their any exceptions for buses.
Lets do the damn thing!
iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk

Post by iuparrothead »

Brewski-

Brian kind of already went over that already in the thread. If you take a look back, he mentioned they are going to try very hard to enforce the 3pm opening. It sucks, but he's got a job to do...
alpinevalley
I have found me a home

Post by alpinevalley »

iuparrothead wrote:The next step for you Brian will be to post a pic of yourself... so we can recognize you! :D
OK, folks, here is a photo and hopefully I will not be adorned in the same manner when July 10th comes around. Enjoy.

As for other questions, I think most of them were covered earlier in the thread, but if not, shoot away.

Regards,
Brian

Last edited by alpinevalley on March 27, 2004 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alpinevalley
I have found me a home

Post by alpinevalley »

Joe Merchant wrote:Hey Brian...

What's Alpines policy on wearning hats into the concert? Volcanohead and I have a couple of hats we'd like to wear to the show....
Love the hats, but unfortunately, they probably should stay in the parking lots as the people behind you may not want to peer through them during the show.

Regards,
Brian
opharbour
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Alpine

Post by opharbour »

I'm getting into this thread a bit late, and first want to join the chorus of people thanking Brian for clarifying a lot of topics.

I was disappointed, but not surprised to see the $50 fee being charged for busses. I guess what kind of disappointed me is that everyone on the bus pays the $7.50 venue fee like everyone else. Still, having walked back through the trash in the bus area last year, I can't blame the venue too much for trying to recoup the cost of the trash created by a bunch of irresponsible "Party Heads" - I don't call them Parrot Heads because Parrot Heads are much more responsible than what I saw from many people at Alpine last year. More and more venues have done away with tailgating entirely because of this problem so in my mind $50 is a small price to pay.

At the same time, I feel that much of the "trash problem" was caused by a lack of trash recepticles at the facility. The trash barrels that were there filled quickly and what trash was gathered was in piles that were easily tripped over in the darkness/drunkeness after the show.

Another issue from my perspective was an inadequate number of portable toilets. Many people, both men and women, decided that the fence seemed to be preferable to standing in an 8 - 12 person line.

I hope you don't view this message as a "rant." I'm just taking the opportunity to point out things that I believe could be vastly improved from last year.
alpinevalley
I have found me a home

Re: Alpine

Post by alpinevalley »

opharbour wrote:At the same time, I feel that much of the "trash problem" was caused by a lack of trash recepticles at the facility. The trash barrels that were there filled quickly and what trash was gathered was in piles that were easily tripped over in the darkness/drunkeness after the show.

Another issue from my perspective was an inadequate number of portable toilets. Many people, both men and women, decided that the fence seemed to be preferable to standing in an 8 - 12 person line.

I hope you don't view this message as a "rant." I'm just taking the opportunity to point out things that I believe could be vastly improved from last year.
Great points and we can certainly take care of these. We try to provide as many portable toilets as possible in the parking lots. The largest number are located between the Red & Yellow lots and lines are rarely more than 2-4 people deep. Most people just see a fenceline as a shorter walk unfortunately. Dumpsters are provided in each lot as well for trash as well as barrels. I can certainly be sure that there are additional dumpsters in the large vehicle area.

Regards,
Brian
zanth
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Mmmmm....Corona

Post by zanth »

Brian,
I am very impressed someone from the venues took the time to come to the board and openly answer questions. I wish some of the other venues took the same interest that you have. I won't be hitting Alpine but best wishes to all who will for an excellent time!
"I'm a relatively respectable citizen -- a multiple felon, perhaps, but certainly not dangerous." - HST
LastMango
I have found me a home

Post by LastMango »

Finsupnorth--I see you are promoting a bus trip. Are there any designated hotels for pickup?

Bryan