I Know It's a Long Shot...

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

jedivet
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

I Know It's a Long Shot...

Post by jedivet »

...but does anyone have a copy of Equal Strain on All Parts (vinyl) they'd be willing to sell? Like, if you ordered an extra you didn't need? I don't have one and don't need one, but a friend is trying to find one for her dad for Christmas. He's who introduced her to Buffett, and she had the idea very late in the game, and thus the only copies out there are on eBay for hundreds of dollars. Anyone?

(I'm not really expecting a response in the positive. I mean, I get it. But just in case...)
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: I Know It's a Long Shot...

Post by Saltx3 »

jedivet wrote: November 29, 2023 11:58 am ...but does anyone have a copy of Equal Strain on All Parts (vinyl) they'd be willing to sell? Like, if you ordered an extra you didn't need? I don't have one and don't need one, but a friend is trying to find one for her dad for Christmas. He's who introduced her to Buffett, and she had the idea very late in the game, and thus the only copies out there are on eBay for hundreds of dollars. Anyone?

(I'm not really expecting a response in the positive. I mean, I get it. But just in case...)
What an amazing gift idea....we only have one that we plan to mount in some type of frame.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

jedivet wrote: November 29, 2023 11:58 am ...but does anyone have a copy of Equal Strain on All Parts (vinyl) they'd be willing to sell? Like, if you ordered an extra you didn't need? I don't have one and don't need one, but a friend is trying to find one for her dad for Christmas. He's who introduced her to Buffett, and she had the idea very late in the game, and thus the only copies out there are on eBay for hundreds of dollars. Anyone?

What a thoughtful daughter! And you are a good friend to step up ans help her! Can I assume she doesn't have any actual record stores nearby?
I wish I had an extra to help her out, but I don't.
Just curious, is there a reason she needs the vinyl? The CDs are available at many major retailers, if not in the actual stores they can be ordered online.
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Will keep my eye out shopping.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

Saltx3 wrote: November 29, 2023 2:23 pm

What an amazing gift idea....we only have one that we plan to mount in some type of frame.
Good plan. :)
jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

Caribbean Soul wrote: November 29, 2023 4:46 pm

What a thoughtful daughter! And you are a good friend to step up ans help her! Can I assume she doesn't have any actual record stores nearby?
I wish I had an extra to help her out, but I don't.
Just curious, is there a reason she needs the vinyl? The CDs are available at many major retailers, if not in the actual stores they can be ordered online.
Aw, thanks. I'll run the record store idea by her. And I think just vinyl for, you know, the asthetics of it? Plus, Gen X child with older dad, so the nostalgia factor? A CD as a back up isn't a bad plan, though. Thanks for the ideas.
jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

lime rickie wrote: November 29, 2023 6:28 pm Will keep my eye out shopping.
Thanks. You pholks are great.
danarn17
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by danarn17 »

Merchbar.com is selling it for $24.99!
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!

Post by Caribbean Soul »

jedivet wrote: November 30, 2023 11:02 am Aw, thanks. I'll run the record store idea by her. And I think just vinyl for, you know, the asthetics of it? Plus, Gen X child with older dad, so the nostalgia factor? A CD as a back up isn't a bad plan, though. Thanks for the ideas.
I figured it might have been something like that... :wink:
I hope she finds one.
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!

Post by Caribbean Soul »

This was just posted in the BN Facebook group (by one of our own):

Elusive Disc has the Indie blue swirl edition of Equal Strain in stock right now for those of you still looking for that.

https://elusivedisc.com/jimmy-buffett-e ... GFsgUmMzlg

Hope you see this in time to snag one!
In Boston with...
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

Aw, thanks, folks!

Both sites say "backordered", but who knows? Might come in by then? Might take a shot or at least pass it on to her.

Thanks!
jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

I ordered two (I don't really need/want one, but I figure an extra can't hurt) from merchbar. Backordered but supposed to ship sometime. I'm sure it won't be here in time for Christmas, but that's ok. She was happy with it.
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!

Post by Caribbean Soul »

jedivet wrote: December 2, 2023 10:29 am I ordered two (I don't really need/want one, but I figure an extra can't hurt) from merchbar. Backordered but supposed to ship sometime. I'm sure it won't be here in time for Christmas, but that's ok. She was happy with it.
It seems many items have shipping earlier than the promised date... fingers crossed this is true in your case too!!
In Boston with...
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

Caribbean Soul wrote: December 2, 2023 6:01 pm
jedivet wrote: December 2, 2023 10:29 am I ordered two (I don't really need/want one, but I figure an extra can't hurt) from merchbar. Backordered but supposed to ship sometime. I'm sure it won't be here in time for Christmas, but that's ok. She was happy with it.
It seems many items have shipping earlier than the promised date... fingers crossed this is true in your case too!!
Indeed. :)