Jimmymas and Dog Stuff

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

jedivet
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

Jimmymas and Dog Stuff

Post by jedivet »

Folks, I had such a wonderful holiday.

I didn't gather with anyone. I worked Saturday and Sunday and had my butt handed to me with caseload and procedures.

But I was off on Monday, and had no obligations to go anywhere/do anything. I had to get up early for animal chores, despite getting home at 2 AM and to sleep at 4 AM. But then? Then I took a nap and did a few little things. And THEN I did what I'd been planning to do for days.

I did this. I had not put up any holiday decor at all, but I have the house completely to myself on Monday nights, and I decided I wanted to do a little thing for Jimmy. And here we are.

It took exactly the time of Christmas Island, from the title track to the end of Merry Christmas, Alabama. I then sat and admired my handiwork until Jimmy was done reading me The Night Before Christmas.

And then I corrected an oversight I'd noticed earlier in the day, when I realized I hadn't arranged a stocking for my new dog. But I had some cool fabric, so again, here we are.

And because he's still in quarantine (only six days out of the shelter), but the tree is in that part of the house, well, the little guy got a holiday photoshoot.

He let me join in.

There were requisite surfer dude pics.

And silly fun, too.

After that, Ace got put away and some gifts appeared under the tree. I opened them and cried like a baby, as they were Buffett themed and perfect. This was the highlight.

And then, it was midnight, and the most special of birthdays was over.

It was perfect.

---

Oh, and the name "Ace?" Obviously, it's from the song of the same name. Because I wanted a Buffett name. These were the main contenders:

Ace, Captain, Pilot, Maverick (the waves, not the fictional pilot so much), Magnus, Nash, Kinja, Malibu, Maui, Jazz, Skipper, Baloo (he's a pilot in Talespin and doggo is bear-like), Gumbo, Encore, Bravo - with some more in the running than others.

But the problem with being a creative person and being a fan of a true bard is, there are many more. I'd googled just to see what others folks had come up with, and man, people to repost the same ones - so I decided to think of as many as I could, even though I already had too many to think about. Here's what I came up with:

Breeze, Cowboy, Dezdemona, Baxter, Groovy, Frankie, Lola, Nola, Jimmy, Buffett, JB, Whiskey, Tequila, Frisco, Bubbles, Bubba, Lulu, Luck, Love, Spooner, Sailor, Marley, Mac, Mason, Tex, Finn, Rocket, Orion, Prince, Leia, Tiki, Hemi, Dancer, Skip, Fruitcake, Junior, Bama, Louie, Gypsy, Bourbon, Voodoo, Norman, Neville, Johnny, Nomad, Sharky, Sandy, Hula, Slip, Latitude, Cecelia (CILCIA), Tony... and that's just a start, honestly.

So, while most of those weren't for me in this case, there were just so many overall, and still so many that I liked that at the end of the day...

A dog composed of many names, so I just called him Ace.

Hope you folks had a great holiday too.

Fins up forever. :)
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: Jimmymas and Dog Stuff

Post by Saltx3 »

This is all AMAZING !!!! What a fantastic project.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Cool stuff!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

I love the beads as garland. I wore a pile of them iat concerts.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Love the pics! :wench:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

Thanks, folks!

It was a fun night.

And I just got out the Buffett box and went to town. Minus the floral garland. I bought that online a few weeks ago.

I'd planned to paint the foam fin gray (Design Master paint, specifically for silk flowers, will paint foam without eating it, and I have gray), to cover up the logo, but didn't get around to that. I'll do it for next year. ;) (I don't drink alcohol** - haven't in decades and don't miss it - and I don't generally do free advertising for anything if I can help it*, so... but I'll allow it here. The banner doesn't specify that it's beer/a commercial product, so it's fine.)

*when I used to buy tour shirts, this could get challenging! Ha!

**those who know me know that wasn't always the case. But I grew older, and wiser with the years... ;)
Last edited by jedivet on January 17, 2024 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

bodypainter wrote: December 26, 2023 6:02 pm I love the beads as garland. I wore a pile of them iat concerts.
Was just going for that New Orleans feel. And I have a ton of them still from when I did a Hurricane Katrina donation drive. My wonderful dog Trinity was the model for that one. (Though my cat Thunder also played his part.) I bought a ton of beads and put them in bowls in our lobby. A $1 donation got you a string of beads. Half of the donations were given to the Red Cross, half to the ASPCA. I don't remember the amounts now, but it was a few hundred dollars to each. And I have bags and bags of beads even still.

jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

PSA: if you do this, do it for a supervised photoshoot, then remove the beads, please. ;)

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Wow!
jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

We've added more names to the list: Rocky, Denver, Cruise (or Cruz), Chill. And I forgot Jolly above. This list goes on. And on. And on... ;)