Saint Patrick's Day @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Saint Patrick's Day @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Tap a tha marnin'ta ya BN!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: Saint Patrick's Day@ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Hello Bill & my other MSC friends. The only thing we usually do to celebrate this day is make corned beef & cabbage. But, this year we're not evening that since Kevin has been on a weight loss journey and today is one of his 2 day/wk fasting days.

We made progress cleaning out the garage yesterday and have 2 more bags for the trash tote. We're using 3 neighbors totes as well when ours runs out of room before trash day (which is happening every week now).

Will soon head to church and then dropping Kevin's car at the mechanic to check the brakes which need several pumps before working the way they should. It passed inspection last month but we want it checked before we need to drive it south filled with some of our worldly possessions. Hopefully just a line bleed will fix the problem.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Today is laundry day, and since I was not feeling well last weekend, I am determined to make the batch of egg rolls for the freezer.
Bryan went to the grocery yesterday and when he got home he discovered that the large refill bottle of liquid hand soap had popped open and spilled all over most of the groceries and his car seat. YUCK We got the groceries cleaned up and put away and we'll have to rent an upholstery cleaning machine for the car seat...but not today. Yesterday afternoon our youngest daughter came over to give us a lesson for using our new air fryer. We did a side by side comparison of our favorite oven fried chicken recipe. I was kept in the dark as to which piece was air fried or oven fried and we all came to the same conclusion...both were very tasty but the air fried chicken was a little crispier, done in less time and was a little moister.
Linda, sending you, Kevin and Mom all my positive vibes and love 😘
You're Killing Me Smalls
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Tis a holy day here in the Johnson household.
Mrs SPH's maiden name is Flaherty.... It was O'Flaherty, but her great grandfather dropped the O' when he immigrated from County Kerry in 1863.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Re: Saint Patrick's Day @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning Bill, Linda, Tammy and Mr. SPH! :)

No green things here today.. Just getting organized to go back to work tomorrow after being home for 4 days. :-?

Working on taxes - both for my Mom and ours. Sending them to an accountant, cause we can't do them ourselves this year.

Tammy? Yeah, yuck! What a mess - but at least it was soap and not something greasy. ;)

Made a big breakfast yesterday, and using the bacon I made to make bagel sandwiches this morning.

And the snow is STILL melting :D
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 17, 2024 11:26 am Good morning Bill, Linda, Tammy and Mr. SPH! :)

No green things here today.. Just getting organized to go back to work tomorrow after being home for 4 days. :-?

Working on taxes - both for my Mom and ours. Sending them to an accountant, cause we can't do them ourselves this year.

Tammy? Yeah, yuck! What a mess - but at least it was soap and not something greasy. ;)

Made a big breakfast yesterday, and using the bacon I made to make bagel sandwiches this morning.

And the snow is STILL melting :D
Glad to hear that some of the snow ❄️❄️❄️ is melting. Regarding the soft soap spillage yesterday...they seem to seal everything so tight that you have trouble opening things even when you want to...but there's not a seal under the flip top of the soap bottle which would have saved us from the spill. Go figure.
You're Killing Me Smalls
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

melon59 wrote: March 17, 2024 12:20 pm they seem to seal everything so tight that you have trouble opening things even when you want to...but there's not a seal under the flip top of the soap bottle which would have saved us from the spill. Go figure.
You are SO right!!! :roll:
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 17, 2024 2:02 pm
melon59 wrote: March 17, 2024 12:20 pm they seem to seal everything so tight that you have trouble opening things even when you want to...but there's not a seal under the flip top of the soap bottle which would have saved us from the spill. Go figure.
You are SO right!!! :roll:
What Penny said!!
I have had to resort to implements of destruction to get some things open... but others - and it's always stuff that can make a friggin' mess - are not sealed! I think it is a cleaning company conspiracy! :evil:

I have minimal Irish heritage mixed in with my nearly all German, but I married a guy whose background is the opposite! :wink:
So corned beef and cabbage it is today! Although we have altered it to ROAST the cabbage, potatoes & carrots so the only thing cooked in the crock pot is the beef. I do it with a mix of half Irish cider/ half water!
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

Afternoon kids. Not much exciting here in Michigan. Finished laundry, had corned beef and cabbage for lunch (and probably again for dinner) and now I am trying to convince myself to write reports for work….

The dog is snoring next to me. I am so tempted to join her.

Ugh about the soap mess. That is true about the inconsistency of how securely packaged some things are. Glad the snow is melting, Penny. I also need to get tax stuff prepped. I have had mine done ever since my dad died. Managing the finances of his estate was overwhelming even though it was small. I have learned a lot about gains and losses and the ins and outs of it. I think this is the final year of the residual loss on his house (the market sank right when I sold it….) after that I might be able to go back to filing on my own. Maybe…

Well, these reports aren’t going to write themselves, so I better focus.. take care, all! Love and luck all around.🍀
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Hi there! It was my fault, but I didn't snap the lid on my body wash tight after going to the gym. Nearly the entire bottle ooooooooozzzzzzed out in my gym bag. That took a lot of hosing out.

My Irish friend from Canada( He's Canadian, but very proud of his heritage) has one joke.

An Irishman walked out of a bar.

No kidding, it really happened.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Look on the bright side, MsMod.... late season snow means more snowpack for your summer water supply.
We hit 76° today, a new record high for the date. Good weather for doing a little yard work, but bad news for our snowpack.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH