Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Wastin’ Away On the North Coast

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

jjaxsonq
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Wastin’ Away On the North Coast

Post by jjaxsonq » August 30, 2006 10:02 am

With publishing their 16th Podcast (including .0 & 0.5) the boys from the North Coast have it their stride! Mickey, Mike, Scott, Greg & Schmoe, the guys havin’ so much fun on the 1st Buffett Podcast listed on iTunes———“Wastin’ Away on the North Coast,” are guys I want to get to know better.

Do yourself a favor, go to your browser and type in http://www.shortfatguy.com/blog.php/jbcast/archives. Listen to Episode # 13 and you’ll hear five top-notch Parrot Heads, guys who really understand Jimmy Buffett and his music. In this particular episode, they dissect Buffett concerts and lyrics, relive past Buffett memories, share their Top 10 Buffett Tunes, and even play you portions of two recently recorded Jimmy Buffett Interviews.

I have studied the Underground World of the Internet Parrot Head since 1995, and “Wastin’ Away on the North Coast” has been my favorite Buffett Internet Experience ever. The Internet will never be the same; especially if these guys keep up this type of Podcast.

After you listen to #13, go back and listen to their past stuff. Sure, a lot of it is just five buddies sitting around drinking beer and talking; but the whole thing is a study in friendship. They don’t talk a lot of Buffett in the podcast leading up to #13, but you’ll get to know these guys and their Buffett history and I’m sure you’ll love ‘em like I do.

Podcasting is the next big Internet craze, and I’m sure Parrot Heads will be doing more and more of it: I’m going to. Until then I listen to the Boys on the North Coast. Their show is evolving into something great!
Jackson Quigley
the Parrot Head formally known as BUBBAFREAK
Author of JimmyDOTcom: The Evolution of a Phan
http://web.mac.com/oneparticularph

ShortFatGuy
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: LandShark and lime

Post by ShortFatGuy » May 8, 2007 11:15 am

I thought I'd bllow the dust off this thread, as well as break its no-hits streak, and point out something of special interest in our humble North Coast podcast feed.

We got to interview Roger Clyne -- of Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers -- for our show over the weekend.

Roger's songs not only have the same spirit of Jimmy's, but Roger's "Sonoran Hope and Madness" CD was released on Margaritaville Records and The Peacemakers even use Jimmy's old tour bus. We ask him his thoughts on Buffett, as well as focusing on The Peacemakers' latest CD and tour.

You can hear "Episode 37: The Roger Clyne Interview" at http://wastinaway.net or look for our "Wasting Away On the North Coast" podcast on iTunes.
Unofficial Buffett podcast:
"Wasting Away on the North Coast"
iTunes link
Feedburner link

silverbetty
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Anything

Post by silverbetty » May 8, 2007 11:19 am

This is a great podcast. It's some friends talking things Buffett and non-Buffett related. I stumbled upon it a few weeks ago. In that time I've caught up and look forward to each new installment.

Keep up the great work!