Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Sonny Landreth on tour with Jimmy in 2008

Buffett News and Comments

Moderator: SMLCHNG

User avatar
photogal
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1685
Joined: January 22, 2004 10:27 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice
Location: massachusetts
Contact:

Sonny Landreth on tour with Jimmy in 2008

Post by photogal » February 26, 2008 11:16 am

Saw this posted on a Sonny Landreth fan site: Sonny has plans to play several shows with Jimmy Buffett this year. He'll first be playing in <b>Houston</b> with Buffett in April (around the Houston Intl Festival date). He'll be playing with Jimmy at <b>Margaritaville Cafe</b> on May 1 and at <b>New Orleans JazzFest</b> on May 3rd.

There are some June dates as well, early June in <b>Atlanta</b> and <b>Durham</b>, mid June in <b>New York</b> and <b>Philadelphia</b>. At many of the larger venues the entire band will play a mini set during Buffett's break.
Believe, Be Light, Be Love.........p.mayer

User avatar
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 166050
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Re: Sonny on tour with Jimmy

Post by springparrot » February 26, 2008 11:19 am

photogal wrote:Saw this on a Sonny fan site.
Sonny has plans to play several shows with Jimmy Buffett this year. He'll first be playing in Houston with Buffett in April (around the Houston Intl Festival date). He'll be playing with Jimmy at Margaritaville on May 1 and at JazzFest on May 3.

There are some June dates as well - early June in Atlanta and Durham, mid June in NY and Philly. And at many of these larger venues the entire band will play a mini set during the Buffett break.

Stay tuned for more details.

Back to top

the may 1st I cant find, maybe a private party? and some other not announced towns, no dates. Sonny playing a mini set will rock!!
just a little FYI
[smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

User avatar
VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 29153
Joined: September 10, 2005 5:08 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!
Location: Smack in the centre of contradiction

Re: Sonny on tour with Jimmy

Post by VanillaGrl » February 26, 2008 11:24 am

springparrot wrote:
photogal wrote:Saw this on a Sonny fan site.
Sonny has plans to play several shows with Jimmy Buffett this year. He'll first be playing in Houston with Buffett in April (around the Houston Intl Festival date). He'll be playing with Jimmy at Margaritaville on May 1 and at JazzFest on May 3.

There are some June dates as well - early June in Atlanta and Durham, mid June in NY and Philly. And at many of these larger venues the entire band will play a mini set during the Buffett break.

Stay tuned for more details.

Back to top

the may 1st I cant find, maybe a private party? and some other not announced towns, no dates. Sonny playing a mini set will rock!!
just a little FYI
[smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Ditto!!!!!!
Image

Image
The Bodypainter 2013

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 26658
Joined: January 27, 2006 5:44 pm
Number of Concerts: 30
Location: living for the day

Post by txaggirl91 » February 26, 2008 11:24 am

wow - maybe houston? if frisco is the 26th - houston the 19th?
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

User avatar
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 166050
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Post by springparrot » February 26, 2008 11:25 am

I can't find this on Sonny's site---am I missing something???

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 26658
Joined: January 27, 2006 5:44 pm
Number of Concerts: 30
Location: living for the day

Post by txaggirl91 » February 26, 2008 11:26 am

from sonny's site = 20 Houston International Festival
Sunday, April 20, Houston, TX
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

User avatar
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 166050
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Post by springparrot » February 26, 2008 11:27 am

txaggirl91 wrote:from sonny's site = 20 Houston International Festival
Sunday, April 20, Houston, TX
but I don't find anything about him and Jimmy???

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 26658
Joined: January 27, 2006 5:44 pm
Number of Concerts: 30
Location: living for the day

Post by txaggirl91 » February 26, 2008 11:28 am

springparrot wrote:
txaggirl91 wrote:from sonny's site = 20 Houston International Festival
Sunday, April 20, Houston, TX
but I don't find anything about him and Jimmy???
she said a fan site... dig there
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

User avatar
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 166050
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Post by springparrot » February 26, 2008 11:31 am

txaggirl91 wrote:
springparrot wrote:
txaggirl91 wrote:from sonny's site = 20 Houston International Festival
Sunday, April 20, Houston, TX
but I don't find anything about him and Jimmy???
she said a fan site... dig there
I'm looking

User avatar
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 72627
Joined: June 17, 2005 7:36 am
Number of Concerts: 42
Location: Just like living in Paradise
Contact:

Post by aeroparrot » February 26, 2008 11:48 am

I may not be able to make it if he is playing in Houston.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

Image

User avatar
photogal
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1685
Joined: January 22, 2004 10:27 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice
Location: massachusetts
Contact:

Post by photogal » February 26, 2008 11:50 am

its on www.sonnyskrewe.org in the forum, under plays well with others, topic is "more Buffett"
Believe, Be Light, Be Love.........p.mayer

User avatar
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 166050
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Post by springparrot » February 26, 2008 11:55 am

photogal wrote:its on www.sonnyskrewe.org in the forum, under plays well with others, topic is "more Buffett"
very cool!!!
I hope this is true!!
Thanks for the heads up :D :D :D

User avatar
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 166050
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Post by springparrot » February 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Looks like Woodlands and Toyota are open for the 19th?

User avatar
UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3102
Joined: January 5, 2005 6:46 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Used to be NY, but now NJ

Re: Sonny Landreth on tour with Jimmy in 2008

Post by UpstateNYPH » February 26, 2008 2:40 pm

photogal wrote:Saw this posted on a Sonny Landreth fan site: Sonny has plans to play several shows with Jimmy Buffett this year. He'll first be playing in <b>Houston</b> with Buffett in April (around the Houston Intl Festival date). He'll be playing with Jimmy at <b>Margaritaville Cafe</b> on May 1 and at <b>New Orleans JazzFest</b> on May 3rd.

There are some June dates as well, early June in <b>Atlanta</b> and <b>Durham</b>, mid June in <b>New York</b> and <b>Philadelphia</b>. At many of the larger venues the entire band will play a mini set during Buffett's break.
So it is pretty safe to say that those will be some JB dates released soon. Heres hoping to JB at Jones Beach...
~Mike


Image
Want this badge?</div>

User avatar
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 59871
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by LIPH » February 26, 2008 2:51 pm

txaggirl91 wrote:wow - maybe houston? if frisco is the 26th - houston the 19th?
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

User avatar
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 166050
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Post by springparrot » February 26, 2008 2:53 pm

LIPH wrote:
txaggirl91 wrote:wow - maybe houston? if frisco is the 26th - houston the 19th?
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
guess you have a problem with that date?

User avatar
dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 35407
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Post by dnw » February 26, 2008 3:01 pm

Thank you photogal! :D
Image


Debbie

User avatar
Bwana Paul
License to Chill
Posts: 1255
Joined: July 29, 2003 9:10 pm
Number of Concerts: 200
Location: Georgia on my Mind
Contact:

Hmmm.

Post by Bwana Paul » February 26, 2008 5:14 pm

I wonder what to expect for this year's intermissions. I look forward to it. Have not seen JB in years!

User avatar
Pleasin & Teasin
Hoot!
Posts: 2024
Joined: August 24, 2006 10:24 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: 45 minutes west of Jones Beach

Post by Pleasin & Teasin » February 26, 2008 7:01 pm

New York in mid June? Philly is 6/14

----usual NY venues are Jones Beach or MSG....maybe JB on 6/21 (he usually does JB on a Saturday)....but no, James Taylor is scheduled at JB on 6/21---but at 3 pm....???? you dont suppose they could be planning something together that evening?????? (fyi, JT also at Borgata in Atlantic City on 6/14)

That leaves either a weekday for Jones Beach, or maybe a MSG date in mid June

[smilie=huh-ani.gif] [smilie=q-mark.gif] [smilie=q-mark.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=eye.gif] [smilie=sarcasm.gif] [smilie=unhappy-angel.gif]

User avatar
Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4370
Joined: July 24, 2006 8:15 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Freezin' up in Buffalo, stuck in my car...

Post by Martyritaville » February 26, 2008 7:12 pm

Pleasin & Teasin wrote:New York in mid June? Philly is 6/14

----usual NY venues are Jones Beach or MSG....maybe JB on 6/21 (he usually does JB on a Saturday)....but no, James Taylor is scheduled at JB on 6/21---but at 3 pm....???? you dont suppose they could be planning something together that evening?????? (fyi, JT also at Borgata in Atlantic City on 6/14)

That leaves either a weekday for Jones Beach, or maybe a MSG date in mid June

[smilie=huh-ani.gif] [smilie=q-mark.gif] [smilie=q-mark.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=eye.gif] [smilie=sarcasm.gif] [smilie=unhappy-angel.gif]
That post may be the winner of the "Best Use of Multiple Emoticons, 5 and Over" category. Nice! :wink:

Gawrsh, I love February concert speculations... :lol:
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests