RADIO MARGARITAVILLE IPHONE APP

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

hoover
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Delaney Talks To Statues, Little Miss Magic
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything clear and strong

RADIO MARGARITAVILLE IPHONE APP

Post by hoover »

Just wondering when Radio Margaritaville is going to offer an iphone app. I downloaded the Kenny Chesney No Shoes Radio app and it works excellent. Just plug in the adapter from car stereo and you are set to go. This would be so great if Radio Margaritaville would offer this. Come on now surely they aren't going to let Kenny Chesney outdo them. I mean come on now
Shells sink, Dreams float!!
Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: "I Have Found Me a Home"
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark 'n Stormy

Re: RADIO MARGARITAVILLE IPHONE APP

Post by Bfan53again »

hoover wrote:Just wondering when Radio Margaritaville is going to offer an iphone app. I downloaded the Kenny Chesney No Shoes Radio app and it works excellent. Just plug in the adapter from car stereo and you are set to go. This would be so great if Radio Margaritaville would offer this. Come on now surely they aren't going to let Kenny Chesney outdo them. I mean come on now
I thought RM had one already........ :o

But, I don't own an iPhone so maybe someone who does can confirm??????
On most days I say: "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...."
Sometimes I can only say: "There is no dumbass vaccine......"

If something or someone gets you down, just remember: "In a hundred years it all won’t matter.........."
Cnsba
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Gypsies in the Palace
Number of Concerts: 4

Post by Cnsba »

We'll there is the honest way......

Download the free Sirius X/M app to your Iphone, and subscribe . it costs a little money, but is worth it.

The semi honest / Grey area way.

Download the App pocket tunes, and tap the Sirius feed ,

And the way you should do it..

Download & setup mycast on your PC...
Tune into the free stream of Radio Margaritaville.
Open safari on your iphone , and go to mycast.orb
tap into your PC media player (preferably realplayer) , which has margaritaville playing

Enjoy....

Works best if you have an auxiliary jack or headphones , and a nice strong 3g, or Wifi signal...
Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

I thought this could be easily achieved by running iTunes Radio on your iPhone and tune to Radio Margaritaville
but I see that the station is not loading...

...and what's up with that?
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
MacPhin
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything BUT Cheeseburger
Favorite Boat Drink: PainKiller

Post by MacPhin »

Lightning Bolt wrote:I thought this could be easily achieved by running iTunes Radio on your iPhone and tune to Radio Margaritaville

i also wonder kind of the same question. i have itunes and we want to play through our stereo, which we were able to do until some months ago. we use an airport express for the stereo. for some reason we can't get rm through the itunes on my computer anymore. all the other stations come in. WTF??? we called and gone into the mac stores and of course they can pull it up, i can pull up rm through the site but just not with the itunes through the computer. :o :-? :x
Image Image
JB on Anguilla 3/24/07 St.Barth's 11/7/09

Lately,newspaper mentioned cheap airfare.
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere.
I'm close to bodily harm.
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

I can't get RM though itunes on my computer anymore either.

It sure is nice to be able to tune into RM on the iPhone. It's especially nice in the old cars that don't have radios or while I'm walking. :)

I see the Sirius Premium internet radio is $12.95..doesn't that allow you to listen with your iPhone? I know since we have Sirius in our Jeep it is only $2.95 for the internet subscription which allows you to sign on to your account on the iPhone.
BGunn
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by BGunn »

I've posted this before but there is an app called Pocket Tunes that will allow you to access RM. This app allows you to listen to hundreds of online radio stations. If a radio station is online, this app probably has it. Including public radio, Sirius & XM (subscription required), BBC radio, etc... I'm a huge Steelers fan in Louisville and listen to all their games on a radio station in PA. The only problem from what I've heard is that RM plays at a low rate making the sound quality questionable.

@Jimmy, I would definitely be willing to play a few bucks for a RM app. And please put a parrot in the app icon. :D
Summerlover
Fruitcake
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka and lime

Post by Summerlover »

MacPhin wrote:
Lightning Bolt wrote:I thought this could be easily achieved by running iTunes Radio on your iPhone and tune to Radio Margaritaville

i also wonder kind of the same question. i have itunes and we want to play through our stereo, which we were able to do until some months ago. we use an airport express for the stereo. for some reason we can't get rm through the itunes on my computer anymore. all the other stations come in. WTF??? we called and gone into the mac stores and of course they can pull it up, i can pull up rm through the site but just not with the itunes through the computer. :o :-? :x
I have never been able to access RM thru Itunes. I suggest we all go to Apple support daily or as much as we can (easy to get online support help) and bug them as much as we can. Last time I did this they gave me $5.00 in free Itunes. Of course I was told they would look into it. Well that helped now didn't it? :(

If they can access the station at the store then what was their explanation?

It was my first look baby that's all it took