This one really for you?????

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Re: This one really for you?????

Post by Tiki Bar »

AintMarvinGardens wrote:Just heard on Margaritaville Radio that the first 5 rows are going out as prizes to SiriusXM subscribers who enter and win a separate contest held on March 16th. There will also be one Grand Prize winner from that group who also gets hotel/airfare. They also mentioned that these winners will all get to meet Jimmy. So if you are a SiriusXM subscriber, it's another way to try to score tickets.
http://www.siriusxm.com/R-JimmyBuffet-i ... -225pclean

ONE grand prize will be awarded... NOT the 1st 5 rows filled with, thank goodness!

Good luck SiriusXM subscribers!!
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
Kay
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: I Have Found Me A Home
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Kay »

So I guess signing up for a subscription now won't help me!
COPhan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: When the Coast is Clear
Number of Concerts: 16

Post by COPhan »

Kay wrote:So I guess signing up for a subscription now won't help me!
Apparently not. However, Sirius XM is awesome and Radio Margaritaville is wonderful! (But you can get that other ways, as well!)
CrznDnUS1
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: I Have Found A Home
Favorite Boat Drink: Mezcal

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

I just got a email from Margaritaville contest telling me i won tickets. Is this a scam or not? Too good to be true.
"The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no longer belong to it." - Albert Einstein
COPhan
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by COPhan »

Congratulations! See ya' down there!
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

CrznDnUS1 wrote:I just got a email from Margaritaville contest telling me i won tickets. Is this a scam or not? Too good to be true.

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Debbie
COPhan
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by COPhan »

So looking over the rules one more time.... It says 100 people will win 2 tickets... So that is 200 tickets. Then there is the 1 grand prize winner on this drawing... Provided that is a different winner than the SiriusXM winner....

So with all of that being said, there are still about 100 tickets...which means 50 more winners!!

This is good news....right?!?!?!!!!!!
Kay
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: I Have Found Me A Home
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Kay »

Maybe someone who was selected doesn't respond in 3 days. Selfish I know but I was sooooo hoping for an email yesterday.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

COPhan wrote:So looking over the rules one more time.... It says 100 people will win 2 tickets... So that is 200 tickets. Then there is the 1 grand prize winner on this drawing... Provided that is a different winner than the SiriusXM winner....

So with all of that being said, there are still about 100 tickets...which means 50 more winners!!

This is good news....right?!?!?!!!!!!
There is the Sirius contest , I'm sure Margaritaville staff will get some , sponsors , family and friend will get the rest.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Obviously i would have loved to win and maybe this is just me looking at my glass half full but a ticket would have been $300 plus to fly to Miami $100 rental car - $200 plus a night easy for a hotel - gas/food/alcohol $400 plus. I mean I was looking easily at $1500 if not more. Now I can spend a $100 and have a great party and watch the show on mville tv. Anyone live in north jersey and want to throw a party that night?! Lol
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

FinsUp6835 wrote:Obviously i would have loved to win and maybe this is just me looking at my glass half full but a ticket would have been $300 plus to fly to Miami $100 rental car - $200 plus a night easy for a hotel - gas/food/alcohol $400 plus. I mean I was looking easily at $1500 if not more. Now I can spend a $100 and have a great party and watch the show on mville tv. Anyone live in north jersey and want to throw a party that night?! Lol
roundtrip out of Connecticut would have been between 450.00 to 600.00. Spring Break.
COPhan
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by COPhan »

Round trip to KW for us was $500 each. B&B is $800.00 ... So we will be there. Been booked since Groundhog Day! I am going to look into a wait list/no show list. What do you think about the possibilities of that happening? Anyone have any pointers?
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

COPhan wrote:Round trip to KW for us was $500 each. B&B is $800.00 ... So we will be there. Been booked since Groundhog Day! I am going to look into a wait list/no show list. What do you think about the possibilities of that happening? Anyone have any pointers?
I'm guessing if people fill out the affidavit , they are going. But , you may be in the right place at the right time, someone may have a extra ticket , and may want to profit off of it.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

The rules of the contest said if any of the winners can't make it, a replacement winner would be picked. Tickets aren't transferable, winners have to show a photo ID when they pick them up at the theater. I think the chances of a wait list are about as good as Jennifer Lawrence showing up at my condo this afternoon.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

TommyBahama wrote:
COPhan wrote:Round trip to KW for us was $500 each. B&B is $800.00 ... So we will be there. Been booked since Groundhog Day! I am going to look into a wait list/no show list. What do you think about the possibilities of that happening? Anyone have any pointers?
I'm guessing if people fill out the affidavit , they are going. But , you may be in the right place at the right time, someone may have a extra ticket , and may want to profit off of it.
You probably won't have a chance to sell them. When he played the Fillmore back in 2007 (I think), the tickets were will call only. When you picked up your ticket you had to go right inside, you couldn't go hang out trying to sell it. I can see them doing the same thing with this show.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
COPhan
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by COPhan »

Ok. Well since I'll be there...I just gotta try!! :)
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
You probably won't have a chance to sell them. When he played the Fillmore back in 2007 (I think), the tickets were will call only. When you picked up your ticket you had to go right inside, you couldn't go hang out trying to sell it. I can see them doing the same thing with this show.
The only way around that is, if the person picking up the tickets lets you be the plus 1, and you had worked out a deal prior going in , but that could be risky if you don't know the person.