According to Rolling Stone Magazine Jimmy Buffett was the seventh richest rock star of 2006 earning $44 million. He grossed $41 million on his annual amphitheater tour and also earned around $15 million from his Margaritaville restaurants and stores, a deal with Sirius Satellite Radio and other ventures. Buffett also owns his own record label, Mailboat Records, enabling him to earn as much as $5 royalty per record sold, as compared to the standard $1 to $2.50.
Jimmy Buffett’s businesses are collectively known by the name Margaritaville Holdings, LLC. The company is based in the Palm Beach, Florida. The headquarters will be relocated to the Crownpointe Commerce Park in Orlando.
Margaritaville Cafes & Stores – a chain of restuarants and stores that first opened in 1985
1. Key West, FL – first store opened in 1985 and first restaurant opened in 1987
2. New Orleans, LA – opened in 1992
3. Charleston, SC – (store only) opened in July 1998
4. Orlando, FL – opened on February 4th, 1999
5. Sangster Airport, Jamaica – opened 2001
6. Ocho Rios, Jamaica – opened February 2002
7. Negril, Jamaica – opened 2002
8. Montego Bay, Jamaica – opened 2002
9. Cancun Mexico – opened August 2002
10 Las Vegas, NV – opened January 2004
11. Myrtle Beach, SC – opened July 2004
12. Turks & Caicos – opened May 2006
13. George Town, Grand Cayman – opened August 2006
14. Cozumel Mexico – opened March 2007
15. Air Margaritaville Cancun Mexico – opened May 2007
16. Glendale, AZ (Phoenix) – opened November 16, 2007
17. Panama City Beach, FL – opened March 5, 2008
18. Uncasville, CT (Margaritaville Mohegan Sun) – opened Sept 29, 2008
19. Honolulu, HI (Jimmy Buffett’s at the Beachcomber) – opened February 2009
20. Niagara Falls Canada – opened June 2010
21. Nashville, TN – opened November 2010
22. Chicago, IL (at Navy Pier) – opened June 2011
Margaritaville Beach Hotel in Pensacola – opened June 2010
Myrtle Beach LandShark Bar & Grill – opened May 2011
Las Vegas Margaritaville Casino – opened October 2011
Biloxi Margaritaville Casino and Restaurant – opened May 2012
Bossier City Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City – opens June 2013
Cincinnati Margaritaville Restauranti – opens Spring 2013
Atlantic City Margaritaville and Resorts Casino Hotel – opening May 2013
Hollywood Margaritaville Resort – opens August 2014
||The Margaritaville Beach Hotel in Pensacola, FL opened in July 2010. A second Margaritaville Beach Hotel will open in Myrtle Beach, S.C., and the third is planned for Hollywood in South Florida.
||The Margaritaville Casino and Restaurant is planned for the Back Bay in Biloxi, MS (at the old East Harrison County Industrial Park on 5th Street). The initial phase will be approximately $48 million and include a casino, restaurants, shops, events center and a marina,
||Cheeseburger in Paradise (restaurant chain) – is a partnership between Outback Steakhouse Inc Restaurant Partners and Margaritaville Holdings LLC. The first Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant opened in Indianapolis in August 2002. To date the restaurant chain has 40 locations in 18 states and is still growing.
||Radio Margaritaville – a worldwide internet radio station that also broadcasts on Sirius Satellite Radio channel 31. Radio Margaritaville first debuted on March 4th, 1999 with a live show from the Margaritaville in Orlando.
Licensed “Margaritaville” brand products:
Margaritaville Tequila – a line of imported tequila
Margaritaville Footwear – a line of casual shoes and flip flops
Margaritaville Shrimp – a line of frozen shrimp, and other seafood products
Margaritaville Chicken – a line of frozen chicken products
Margaritaville Margarita Mix – premade mix for making margaritas
Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Machine – blender for making the perfect margarita
||Land Shark Lager – a beer manufactured by Anhauser Busch under the Margaritaville Brewing Company name. It first debuted in early 2007 in Florida and in several Margaritaville locations. It will then be available nationwide.
Mailboat Records – Jimmy’s own record label which has released albums by Boz Scaggs, Chris Isaak, Dan Fogelberg, and others
Shrimpboat Sound Studios – a recording studio in Key West, FL
Singing for Change – a charitable foundation improving the quality of life for people and empowering individuals to make positive changes in their communities.
Previously owned Margaritaville Records, a division of MCA Records