From NOLA.com: “Margaritaville amusement park opens this week in Biloxi: Ticket prices, rides and more“
Paradise Pier Fun Park at Margaritaville Resort Biloxi opens Friday, just in time for the start of spring break.
The park’s debut is at 3 p.m., according to the amusement park website. The park is open to the public and hotel guests.
Here’s what to know.
15 rides at the park
Paradise Pier has 15 rides, some wild and exciting for adults and kids, some tame for kids and others that will appeal to all ages, like Saltwater Stables double-decker merry-go round.
All have a nautical theme.
- Biloxi Tide-Turner, an 180-foot observation wheel overlooking the Mississippi Sound and the Gulf of Mexico, with air-conditioned gondolas and a light display after sunset.
- Aerobar is a ride that turns as it rises into the sky so everyone gets a great view. A bartender is aboard and a hand-crafted cocktail in souvenir cup is included.
- Rolling Thunder roller coaster
- S.O.S makes riders feel like like they’re in the middle of a hurricane
- Sea Swinger starts slow to take in the scenery then speeds up
- Storm Surge provides drops, twists, turns and a swirl a in a whirlpool like the ocean’s might during a storm
- Tropical Hopper climbs to provide from the tower’s peak, then a thrilling freefall down
- Puddle Jumper loops and dives like an aerobatic plane
- Hit the Deck pirate ship
- Buoy Blaster bobs riders up and down before a big plunge
- Saltwater Stables double decker merry-go-round
- Whirlwind Balloons that dip and soar
- Treehouse Twirl flying swings
- Beach Cruiser and Wave Rider gentle rides for younger kids
A day pass is listed at $70 for unlimited rides and select indoor attractions, $100 for a two-day bundle or $120 for three days.
Non-rider tickets are $20, and kids 2 and under are free.
Day passes do not include the Aerobar, which is $19.99 per ride and includes a drink.
Season passes will be announced soon.
Besides the rides are:
- Captain Charlie’s Salty Snackbar
- Daiquiri Dock
- The Sweet Shack
Visitors will also be able to access restaurants inside Margaritaville Resort Biloxi, along with the Escape arcade.