Jimmy and Times Square, NY

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Re: Jimmy and Times Square, NY

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Can't even "Google" that...... :o :o :o :o :o :o
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

For Whatever It's Worth - Eater.com article about M'ville Times Square

Post by Bicycle Bill »

The 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar does not open until 5 o’clock, which puts a crimp in trying to live out the metaphor of its name.  The whole point of the phrase is a justification to start drinking early, before the workday is done, because somebody, somewhere is off work.  But no, for the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar, one of four restaurants and bars at Manhattan’s new Margaritaville Resort Times Square, you must wait until the workday is over.  I am furious about this.  Sure, the License to Chill Bar opens at 2, but it’s the principle of the thing.  Jimmy Buffett would not wait until the boss says you can go home.
Read the rest here ... https://www.eater.com/22644505/margarit ... estaurants

Don't know as how I'd want to make a special trip, but if I were in NYC I might swing by just to be able to say that I'd been there ... although $15 - $20 per drink turns me off in one helluva hurry, no matter WHAT they're named or made from.
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by jbfins »

Wow. That is a long, but really good article. Nice to see it was not a "puff piece."
Kind of goes to what I was saying a while ago. I just cannot see this hotel working out. But I have a tendency to underestimate how stupid tourists can be.
I've always said, if he really wanted to capitalize on the M'ville brand he should have gone high end. Just think about the money they could have made on the tequila if it had been even halfway decent. They cater to the mid to low income spenders. I just can't see the brand surviving on them. Especially, with products that just are not very good.
"Some people never find it..."
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Has anyone tried the Coral Reefer cannabis products? Are they any good?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...