Back to the Island Society

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Re: Back to the Island Society

Post by FinsUp6835 »

lime rickie wrote: October 9, 2021 10:32 am Look at that...35 songs! :o
Such an amazing set! They cut many out for the film and last we heard the original film was lost in a fire. :cry:
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Back To The Island - December Giveaway!
Jimmy Buffett and The Coral Reefer Band
December 11, 2021
Orlando, FL Amway Center

Join Today!
www.backtotheisland.org

New members are automatically entered to win a trip for two. Only members in good standing are eligible to win. BTTI will cover airfare, hotel room cost, and two tickets to the concert. BTTI will not cover food, drink, or any incidentals. Dates subject to change due to inclement weather or other causes.

Good luck and hope to see you there!
J 8)
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

FinsUp6835 wrote: October 9, 2021 7:38 am Head on over to www.backtotheisland.org and grab the remake of Jimmy's famous Live By The Bay Red Tee "only visiting this planet"

Proceeds help out great Florida causes like Save the Manatees, Reef Relief, and Surfrider Florida Keys.

This is one of my favorite Jimmy shows and it is legendary. Here is the actual setlist that was not all included in the recording.

Actual set list[edit]
There were several songs deleted from the film.

The Great Filling Station Holdup*
Son of a Son of a Sailor**
Door Number Three
Grapefruit—Juicy Fruit
Pencil Thin Mustache*
We Are the People our Parents Warned us About
Main Set
Stars on the Water
Coconut Telegraph
Come Monday
Ragtop Day
Who's the Blonde Stranger?
Volcano
Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Intermission
One Particular Harbour
If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me
Why Don't We Get Drunk
Let it Ride (Josh Leo)*
Dixie Chicken (Josh Leo)*
I Can't Tell You Why (Timothy B. Schmidt)*
Medley:*
Nautical Wheelers*
Tin Cup Chalice*
Boat Drinks*
Banana Republics*
The Captain and the Kid*
Somewhere Over China*
He Went to Paris*
Cowboy in the Jungle*

Cheeseburger in Paradise
Fins
Last Mango in Paris
A Pirate looks at Forty
Margaritaville
Encore
Gypsies in the Palace**
Brown Eyed Girl*
One hell of a Medley.....of which I am a BIG phan of ! :pirate:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Dr.Corona wrote: October 11, 2021 3:03 pm
FinsUp6835 wrote: October 9, 2021 7:38 am Head on over to www.backtotheisland.org and grab the remake of Jimmy's famous Live By The Bay Red Tee "only visiting this planet"

Proceeds help out great Florida causes like Save the Manatees, Reef Relief, and Surfrider Florida Keys.

This is one of my favorite Jimmy shows and it is legendary. Here is the actual setlist that was not all included in the recording.

Actual set list[edit]
There were several songs deleted from the film.

The Great Filling Station Holdup*
Son of a Son of a Sailor**
Door Number Three
Grapefruit—Juicy Fruit
Pencil Thin Mustache*
We Are the People our Parents Warned us About
Main Set
Stars on the Water
Coconut Telegraph
Come Monday
Ragtop Day
Who's the Blonde Stranger?
Volcano
Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Intermission
One Particular Harbour
If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me
Why Don't We Get Drunk
Let it Ride (Josh Leo)*
Dixie Chicken (Josh Leo)*
I Can't Tell You Why (Timothy B. Schmidt)*
Medley:*
Nautical Wheelers*
Tin Cup Chalice*
Boat Drinks*
Banana Republics*
The Captain and the Kid*
Somewhere Over China*
He Went to Paris*
Cowboy in the Jungle*

Cheeseburger in Paradise
Fins
Last Mango in Paris
A Pirate looks at Forty
Margaritaville
Encore
Gypsies in the Palace**
Brown Eyed Girl*
One hell of a Medley.....of which I am a BIG phan of ! :pirate:

100%!!!! Amazing.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

While the VIP area for this event below (upstairs at Mville) is SOLD OUT you can still get into Margaritaville at a first come, first serve basis downstairs and enjoy the music with full cash service. Hope to see you there! If not, come by for a cold drink at our new shop on 627 Eaton Street only a couple blocks from Margaritaville on Duval. 8)

BACK TO THE ISLAND PRESENTS:
"GYPSIES IN THE PALACE"

500 Duval St
Key West, FL 33040

HOURS
November 3rd: 11am - 9pm
November 4th: 11am -9pm

FEATURING:
Django Walker
Roger Bartlett
Steven Taylor
Keith Sykes
B-Man & MI-Shell
Boomer Blake
Kingdom Jasmine

Event supports Save The Manatees, Reef Relief, Surfrider Florida Keys

SEE YOU ALL DOWN THERE WHO ARE GOING!
CHEERS,
JAY
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Back to the Island is proud to announce a $2,000 donation to Reef Relief yesterday. To date: BTTI has raised close to $25,000 to supported charities in only 6 months!

Our Gypsies event was a huge success and we already have bands signed on for next year. More news to come!

Some of the crew will be in town for the West Palm show and Orlando coming up in December. Come hang with us! Stay tuned for those details as well.

Just released and ready for pre-sale are: " Gods Own Drunk " and "Hard-Drinking Calypso Poet" tees - Proceeds support Save The Manatees, Reef Relief, and Surfrider Florida Keys.

Check us out at www.backtotheisland.org
Facebook and Instagram

Hope to see you at the upcoming shows -
J
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Holiday Orders should be made by December 15th for guaranteed XMAS delivery!

www.backtotheisland.org
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT NEW TEES and a Limited Edition Hoodie for 2022 at www.backtotheisland.org

NEW "Expatriated American"

NEW "Shrimpskin Boots & Cheap Cheroots"

Along with a new limited edition hoodie and other Key West only tees!

Thanks to everyone for the amazing support in 2021. We also just released tickets for "Gypsies" at the Original Margaritaville on November 3rd and 4th. Amazing lineup and all you can eat and drink both days. 8)
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

NEW!!!!

Key West LEGEND, Sailor, Musician, and Artist David Wegman

"Autour du Rocher" print. Limited edition (250 made)

Size 18 x 24 (unframed)

NOW AVAILABLE AT https://backtotheisland.org/collections ... cher-print

We can not thank David enough for his support of BTTI. Check it out 8)

We support:
SAVE THE MANATEES
REEF RELIEF
SURFRIDERS FLORIDA KEYS
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

NEW!!! "Where The Hell Is Marvin Gardens?" Limited edition tee.

These will not last long. Proceeds go to Save The Manatee Club 8)

https://backtotheisland.org/collections ... in-gardens
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Check out our newest Jimmy inspired tees that support Save the Manatees, Reef Relief, and Surfrider Florida Keys!

LIVE ONE NIGHT ONLY 1981 Vintage Jimmy tee.

Buffets Backyard "Snortin' and Drinkin' on the Ocean in Key West" (this one is limited and almost sold out) It is a late 70s remake and very rare.

And, a new MARVIN GARDENS limited edition sticker! 8)

www.backtotheisland.org
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Is Jimmy's name purposely misspelled on the vintage T?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

lime rickie wrote: April 5, 2022 5:14 pm Is Jimmy's name purposely misspelled on the vintage T?
Yes! This is an exact remake of the tee that was made in the early/mid 70s and it was very common for his name to have one T then.
We wanted to keep it the same to make it authentic.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

BACK TO THE ISLAND

"Be Good And You Will Be Lonesome/Be Lonesome And You Will Be Free" Tee Now Available

Proceeds help Save The Manatees, Reef Relief, and SurfRiders Florida Keys

https://backtotheisland.org/collections ... e-pre-sale
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

BTTI has changed since they started this a little over a year ago. Initially was billed being all about the "mission" of preserving JBs cause & his charities. Has now spun into a very opinionated, self-serving type messaging & are now attempting to open a café. The "owner" (Tom) appears to wants characterize as a semi-celebrity in Key West.

Don't mind the $40, one liner Tees they push. That's fine. Just really disappointed into how things have spiraled, getting away from their initial mission.
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

C4Parrothead wrote: July 17, 2022 8:30 am BTTI has changed since they started this a little over a year ago. Initially was billed being all about the "mission" of preserving JBs cause & his charities. Has now spun into a very opinionated, self-serving type messaging & are now attempting to open a café. The "owner" (Tom) appears to wants characterize as a semi-celebrity in Key West.

Don't mind the $40, one liner Tees they push. That's fine. Just really disappointed into how things have spiraled, getting away from their initial mission.

Thank you for your feedback. I have sent you a PM. 🤙🏽
kwbooklvr
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by kwbooklvr »

Anyone know what happened to BTTI? The emails stopped, can’t find them on Instagram, website is down… I had been a member since the beginning and then it all stopped.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Not surprised. It always seemed like some sort of semi Ponzi scheme or some sort of get rich quick racket.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

3rd hand info form a Parrothead Club friend down in KW - Word I rec'd was the dude Dan or Tom or whomever was claiming to be the top dog, took the investors $$ & ran. Guess he (Dan or Tom) had some shady business practices & was not even who he said he really is/was.

Agree - it was def not a sustainable thing. Not even sure what a membership got you (other than a koozie) or why it was needed. $40 tee's are what they kind of were. SMH
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Yikes, it sounds like things did spiral downward quickly the past few months. I picked up a "vintage" tshirt every so often when one would catch my eye but I am glad I did not pay for a "membership".

Dan seemed to also run the "Classic Buffett" Insta page which is now gone, too. I always wondered where he got the rights or permission to post so many pics of Jimmy from the 70s (or where he got them). At one point I think they featured an interview or two with Lip Balm, who maybe did provide some pics. Related, I've read several times that Tom (Corcoran) has a ton of old JB pics as he seemed to be a de facto photographer for JB back in the day, so I'm wondering how/why Dan & crew have access to so many old pics.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty