No Woman No Cry

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

No Woman No Cry

Post by C4Parrothead »

Listening to RM & a JB Concert replay from Ft Lauderdale. Had not heard Jimmy cover No Woman No Cry "live" before. His version is pretty solid. Typical Jimmy - acoustic & strong! Can tell his love of Bob.

Was at a show following Prince's death & he broke out"Purple Rain." Was AWESOME & they all killed it (positive)! Did something similar for Glenn Frey.
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: No Woman No Cry

Post by urlcenter »

Jimmy's version of No woman No Cry is available on the CD Margaritaville Cafe: Club Trini Live
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Re: No Woman No Cry

Post by MICHIPHIN »

And I have a recording of it which he did on the opening night of Margaritaville, Las Vegas - after the beach party by the pool.

I was seated all the way at the back corner seat of the downstairs bar for nearly 4 hour prior to the indoor show (wasn't at the outdoor show). Just before the show started, Dave (Zero) came in and as going to cram in next to me. I got the bartender to agree to let him stand between me and the all....that was until he tripped down the stairs and face planted. Last I saw of him that trip.
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......