Radio Margaritaville - New DJ

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Radio Margaritaville - New DJ

Post by C4Parrothead »

Avid RM listener - really the only reason I have Sirius (other than sports) is for Jimmy's channel.

Have to say there is a new DJ on RM, calls herself "Go Go on the Radio." She needs to "Go Go OFF the Radio," because she is AWFUl AWFUL! Anyone else heard her poor attempt to like Jimmy's music, tells stories or add any value to the channel? She is Bad. Like Matt Hoggatt bad - likely worse!
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Re: Radio Margaritaville - New DJ

Post by MICHIPHIN »

What time is the horrible lack of talent broadcasting??
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

For one, change your name. That doesn't work on any radio. Unless you are Belinda Carlisle. I did hear her over the weekend while driving. Didn't do it for me.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

There isn't really a good DJ on that station. They all talk too much between songs with stories that only mean something to them. Just shut up and play the music, nobody cares about your history with every song.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
C4Parrothead
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks

Post by C4Parrothead »

BottleofRum wrote: July 11, 2022 11:14 pm There isn't really a good DJ on that station. They all talk too much between songs with stories that only mean something to them. Just shut up and play the music, nobody cares about your history with every song.
Disagree there a little. Carson Cooper (RIP) was the best! JD is generally good & Kirsten is as well - both know a lot of JB & CRB stuff. Have been on RM for quite a while. Renee Adams is okay in the mornings.
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

Yeah GoGo is pretty bad. I always cringe when these DJs mispronounce the name of a Buffett song. I mean really?!
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

C4Parrothead wrote: July 12, 2022 5:53 am
BottleofRum wrote: July 11, 2022 11:14 pm There isn't really a good DJ on that station. They all talk too much between songs with stories that only mean something to them. Just shut up and play the music, nobody cares about your history with every song.
Disagree there a little. Carson Cooper (RIP) was the best! JD is generally good & Kirsten is as well - both know a lot of JB & CRB stuff. Have been on RM for quite a while. Renee Adams is okay in the mornings.
Too much talk, esp from JD. I get he is a DJ but less talk and more music. He drones on too much to the point I flip the station.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Carson was great. I like JD, Renee is good. Who I haven't heard in a while in Steve Huntington. I do like some backstories to songs.
C4Parrothead

Post by C4Parrothead »

TommyBahama wrote: July 12, 2022 3:14 pm
Carson was great. I like JD, Renee is good. Who I haven't heard in a while in Steve Huntington. I do like some backstories to songs.
Great call! Steve Huntington, has a great radio voice too. Beleive he was RM first program director when it was internet radio only. Agree on the backstories of the songs too, especially the "Deep" cuts & Mac stuff.

Not sure who the hacks from California that pop-up on weekends are either. Ryan & Slappy (or something like that)??

Either way - we get a lot of Jimmy his great music. So guess that's the point. So Fins Up!
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

C4Parrothead wrote: July 12, 2022 5:59 pm
TommyBahama wrote: July 12, 2022 3:14 pm
Great call! Steve Huntington, has a great radio voice too. Beleive he was RM first program director when it was internet radio only. Agree on the backstories of the songs too, especially the "Deep" cuts & Mac stuff.

Not sure who the hacks from California that pop-up on weekends are either. Ryan & Slappy (or something like that)??

Either way - we get a lot of Jimmy his great music. So guess that's the point. So Fins Up! I really don't hear the weekend guys that much, I'm not driving as much on the weekend, as I do during the week.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

TommyBahama wrote: July 6, 2022 3:27 pm For one, change your name. That doesn't work on any radio. Unless you are Belinda Carlisle. I did hear her over the weekend while driving. Didn't do it for me.
HA!!

Good One TJ! Memories of an 80's celebrity crush :lol: :pirate:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
RIPH
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Post by RIPH »

We listen to RM all the time. Really enjoy hearing JD and Kirsten telling the stories that they do. To be honest, I was not a fan of Renee at her start, but I've changed and now enjoy listening to her as well. The others, not so much, but I look at it like a gumbo. Some things you like and some things you dont! :lol: :pirate: 8)
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

I actually have met J.D. on two separate instances. Once back when RM used to broadcast from City Walk in Orlando, and the second at the Margaritaville in Destin, Florida near my home when they did a remote broadcast. Really nice guy and willing to spend some time talking.
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
Elrod
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 37

Post by Elrod »

Maybe JD and Kirsten can split the air time, one on days and the other on nights?

The other on-air personalities don't add much to the broadcast, IMO.
"Nonsense! I have not yet begun to defile myself." - Doc Holliday
RIPH
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Post by RIPH »

If my memory is right, I believe JD has visited more than one BN tailgate party too. I remember Orlando and Tampa but maybe there were others?

Some of the Buffett concert memories have blurred together as I grow older but not up. :lol: :pirate: 8)
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

RIPH wrote: July 14, 2022 9:28 am If my memory is right, I believe JD has visited more than one BN tailgate party too. I remember Orlando and Tampa but maybe there were others?

Some of the Buffett concert memories have blurred together as I grow older but not up. :lol: :pirate: 8)
Tampa a few times.