GREAT WOODS!!!!

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bixxx
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: thats what living is to me
Number of Concerts: 80
Favorite Boat Drink: bushwhacker/pain killer

Post by bixxx »

interesting now that i think about it, dick albert, don kent shelby scott all ne weather the lesson, to go into weather, you need two first names
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Don't forget Harvey Leonard...... and Michelle Michaels
Last edited by BottleofRum on August 8, 2003 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
UK Parrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by UK Parrothead »

Yahoo Weather says it's around 80 degrees in Boston right now. Is this normal for the time of year? I hope it is as it will be nice to go somewhere cooler - it's been 95 degrees in London most of this week.
tryin' to reason
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by tryin' to reason »

UK Parrothead wrote:Yahoo Weather says it's around 80 degrees in Boston right now. Is this normal for the time of year? I hope it is as it will be nice to go somewhere cooler - it's been 95 degrees in London most of this week.
Great Woods extended weather forecast. Weather this time of year can vary greatly, but now that we know what a gris gris is, we'll be using them to cast a "good weather" spell!! :wink: :pirate:

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/US ... o=forecast
We'll party just like Bubba does,
We'll do the Old Man proud!
moeb03106
Southeast of disorder

Post by moeb03106 »

For those in the NH area, I saw an ad for the Red Blazer in Concord, NH. They are doing a Buffett night on Friday, August 15th starting at 8PM. Band (Mike Livingston) starts at 9PM. They will be giving away tickets to the show(s?). Sounds like a great pre-party party. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town :( .

And speaking of Great Woods toilets (see how I worked that in?), aside from the GW porta potties, or the woods itself, what are the other alternatives? We *had* an RV promised to us, and we can actually use it, but just need to register it -- $300, ouch. A bit much for us right now. Last year the women had to curtail the drinking just to avoid the lines. As Pirates looking back at 40, we are determined to remedy the situation this year.

Thanks, 21 days to Saturday!
Moe

ps - for those at last year's Sat show, we were the ones with the hammocks set up in the back lot. If you see them again (not sure we'll have room this year), stop by and say hi!

EDIT -- changed to correct date and band, thx
Last edited by moeb03106 on August 8, 2003 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bixxx
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: thats what living is to me
Number of Concerts: 80
Favorite Boat Drink: bushwhacker/pain killer

Post by bixxx »

just drink shots :lol:
linda
Where I go I hope there's rum

Post by linda »

Moe,

Thanks for the info on the Red Blazer! I'll be heading north for that weekend and might just make a stop there on my my up to Lake Winn.
And speaking of toilets, I actually found a ticket on the ground in the "Great Woods" and no it wasn't soggy :wink: ....but what a bummer for the person who lost it.
tryin' to reason
Hoot!

moeb03106 wrote:For those in the NH area, I saw an ad for the Red Blazer in Concord, NH. They are doing a Buffett night on Friday, August 16th starting at 8PM. Band (sorry, forgot the name) starts at 9PM. They will be giving away tickets to the show(s?). Sounds like a great pre-party party. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town :( .

Moe

ps - for those at last year's Sat show, we were the ones with the hammocks set up in the back lot. If you see them again (not sure we'll have room this year), stop by and say hi!
The singer is Mike Livingston. It's Friday, the 15th. Will get more details.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

You can buy a small Coleman Camping toilet for $70-$80 at Target. Then make some sort of make shift stall around it. A few years back the people next to us had one of these, they let us use it and it worked great, of course if you have to do more than…..well…. pee then you may have a problem…….. They did however leave it behind when the show was over I don’t think anyone wanted it in their vehicle smelling as bad as it did.

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemanc ... d=827-802T

Last edited by BottleofRum on August 8, 2003 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

BottleofRum wrote:You can buy a small Coleman Camping toilet for $70-$80 at Target. Then make some sort of make shift stall around it. A few years back the people next to us had one of these, they let us use it and it worked great, of course if you have to do more than…..well…. pee then you may have a problem…….. They did however leave it behind when the show was over I don’t think anyone wanted it in their vehicle smelling as bad as it did.
A Corona bottle begins its life filled with a yellow liquid. It could also end its life filled with a yellow liquid. Bring a funnel and a curtain. It'll be fine.... :)

(Just don't mix the newborn Coronas with the end of life Coronas. That could be bad :o )
Last edited by nycparrothead on August 8, 2003 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
puckhead
Invalid Email Address

Post by puckhead »

moeb03106 wrote:
And speaking of Great Woods toilets (see how I worked that in?), aside from the GW porta potties, or the woods itself, what are the other alternatives? We *had* an RV promised to us, and we can actually use it, but just need to register it -- $300, ouch. A bit much for us right now. Last year the women had to curtail the drinking just to avoid the lines. As Pirates looking back at 40, we are determined to remedy the situation this year.!
Okay, here's your solution... go out and purchase 4, 10 ft PVC pipes, 90 degree PVC joints, 2 shower curtains, along with a large bucket and toilet seat. Make 2 square frames out of the PVC (I prefer 2.5 ft by 2.5 ft). Cut the aditional pipes down to 5 ft each and link them to the squar frames(this would be much easier to explain if I had a pucture to show you). Anyway, attach the shower curtains and you have a portable bathroom, that is not too expensive and works great (just ask my wife)!

Can't wait to the 30th and my FIRST GW expereince !!!!!
CIGAR
I have found me a home

Post by CIGAR »

puckhead wrote:
moeb03106 wrote:
And speaking of Great Woods toilets (see how I worked that in?), aside from the GW porta potties, or the woods itself, what are the other alternatives? We *had* an RV promised to us, and we can actually use it, but just need to register it -- $300, ouch. A bit much for us right now. Last year the women had to curtail the drinking just to avoid the lines. As Pirates looking back at 40, we are determined to remedy the situation this year.!
Okay, here's your solution... go out and purchase 4, 10 ft PVC pipes, 90 degree PVC joints, 2 shower curtains, along with a large bucket and toilet seat. Make 2 square frames out of the PVC (I prefer 2.5 ft by 2.5 ft). Cut the aditional pipes down to 5 ft each and link them to the squar frames(this would be much easier to explain if I had a pucture to show you). Anyway, attach the shower curtains and you have a portable bathroom, that is not too expensive and works great (just ask my wife)!

Puckhead, you must have been my tailgating neighbor last year. Was this contraption set up on the back of your pickup?
tryin' to reason
Hoot!

tryin' to reason wrote:
moeb03106 wrote:For those in the NH area, I saw an ad for the Red Blazer in Concord, NH. They are doing a Buffett night on Friday, August 16th starting at 8PM. Band (sorry, forgot the name) starts at 9PM. They will be giving away tickets to the show(s?). Sounds like a great pre-party party. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town :( .

Moe

The singer is Mike Livingston. It's Friday, the 15th. Will get more details.
It's a Corona promo night. Festivities start at 8PM. Ticket giveaway at 11PM. You must be present (but not necessarily sober) to win!
:pirate: :pirate:
puckhead
Invalid Email Address

Post by puckhead »

CIGAR wrote:
puckhead wrote:
moeb03106 wrote:

Puckhead, you must have been my tailgating neighbor last year. Was this contraption set up on the back of your pickup?
Nope, it made it's debut at Camden this year... This will be my first GW concert, and from all the stories I've been reading, I am pretty excited!

I hope to be able to catch up with some of the BN'rs... where does everyone usually park?
CIGAR
I have found me a home

Post by CIGAR »

The best lot is the first one on the right. You must be in the right lane on the way in but need to get there by 11:30 or so.

The RV lot is way to the right where many BNer's can be found. I usually look for the BN flag.

Hope to see you there!
SDPirate40
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 131
Favorite Boat Drink: Captn & Diet

Hello Boston!

Post by SDPirate40 »

Phellow Phans....

Great thread going here!

I am pumped up and heading for Great Woods for both Boston shows coming in from San Diego!

I went to the Vegas show, my next stop is the Chicago show, and then GW! Then back to California for the Irvine (west coast Holy Grail show) and the up and coming awesome San Diego show. Tonight off to see The Eaglesa after seeing them in Phoenix on tuesday and three weeks ago in Dallas...plus a couple of Fleetwood Mac shows ...this is the summer of shows for me.

If anyone recognizes this post at the show..stop by and say hello during the tailgate "phestivities". Look for a large SUV with Califronia tags PIRET40...hope to meet some new phriends!
Boats, (Tour) Buses, Bentleys, Bars & Babe (wife)

22 years of Buffett with 131 shows and counting!
tryin' to reason
Hoot!

Is the Great Woods show still on???????

8) 8) :pirate: :pirate:
parrotsgirl
<font color=purple>I Love the Now</font>
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: tequila
Location: In NH..but really wherever my "cowgirl" heart takes me

Post by parrotsgirl »

btt
"But there’s this one particular harbor so far but yet so near"
centralmaPH
I have found me a home

Post by centralmaPH »

Here we are... 2 1/2 weeks out and it's rain..rain.. and more rain. Maybe it's time to drag all that foul weather gear out of the basement to appease the rain gods?
I made enough money to buy Miami... but I p*** it away so fast...
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

tryin' to reason wrote:Is the Great Woods show still on???????

8) 8) :pirate: :pirate:
There's a Great Woods show this summer??? Oh my goodness gracious!! Where did you hear this nasty rumor and how long before this rumored show is going to take place??????