AWOL in Amagansett

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Goodman
Fruitcake
Number of Concerts: 0

AWOL in Amagansett

Post by Goodman »

Saw Jerry Jeff Walker on Monday at the Stephen Talkhouse. A great acoustic set. Figured JB might show up as he was either next door in Southhampton or in Sag Harbor. When JJW did Railroad Lady I half expected JB to hop onstage but nope. Some guy thanked JJW for not bringing JB to the show, but that wasn't me. Thanks to My Lovely Lady for joining me.
I know Jimmy Buffett, Jimmy Buffett is a friend of mine. Son, you're no Jimmy Buffett!
As quoted by Marvin Gardens 4/1/89

nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

Who is this "some guy" you speak of and why is he still alive today? May the fleas of a thousand animals infest his dark places!

Goodman
Fruitcake

AWOL in Amagansett

Post by Goodman »

Guy looked a little like David Allan Coe but I've have to dig deeper to be sure. :-)
I know Jimmy Buffett, Jimmy Buffett is a friend of mine. Son, you're no Jimmy Buffett!

bgsherris
I need two more boat drinks

Re: AWOL in Amagansett

Post by bgsherris »

Goodman wrote:Saw Jerry Jeff Walker on Monday at the Stephen Talkhouse. A great acoustic set. Figured JB might show up as he was either next door in Southhampton or in Sag Harbor. When JJW did Railroad Lady I half expected JB to hop onstage but nope. Some guy thanked JJW for not bringing JB to the show, but that wasn't me. Thanks to My Lovely Lady for joining me.

Jimmy was nowhere to be seen at the Tuesday night show either. Really figured he would show up for a few songs.

B.

Caribbean Soul
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

I guess he didn't want to make a habit of it ... this way he keeps people guessing. :wink:
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99

sirgumby77
Inactive User

Post by sirgumby77 »

Maybe the Man wanted to take some time to spend with his KIDS. Remember his children are on summer vacation right now, and the last 2 times he did a show that way, well once was in MARCH when his kids woulda been in school, the other was August, so ther was a good chance his kids could have been in school.

Goodman
Fruitcake

AWOL in Amangansett

Post by Goodman »

I got kids too but hell I left em! I failed to mention that GE Smith of the old SNL Band was spotted by me & my boss outside the Talkhouse. I think he & JB collaborated before on Hot Water.

I'll hopefully be at Tinley Park in August to see JB and hopefully JJW will show up. :-)

Angel Beech
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: All the ways I want you
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Jello shots

Post by Angel Beech »

GE played with Jimmy and JJW last year at The Talkhouse.
I was glued to RM thinking it would be an unannounced broadcast, maybe even with Bubba, but was instead treated to a 1996 Irvine concert replay. 'Twas enjoyable, but would have liked to hear JJW too.

Looking forward to seeing JJW again in Texas.
He's got a private gig in Dallas the Friday between the two Chicago shows, so don't count on him to be in Chicago. If the TIKI GODS are smiling, I'll be in Chicago instead of Dallas. If not, I may have to do some JJW stalking again. :wench: