This Hotel Room

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Hockey games on
Gypsies in the palace
Number of Concerts: 0

This Hotel Room

Post by Hockey games on »

Along with a lot of other lyric mix-ups aka senior moments on Live in Las Vegas, I can't believe Jimmy forgot "That couldn't be me in the gorilla disguise" in This Hotel Room. It is my favorite part of the song! It is funny that some of us parrotheads "beat Jimmy to the words of his own song." Has anyone else noticed a lot of his senior moments?
"If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roaring Friday night."

Bamafan
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Bamafan »

Senior moments are sad to hear, but they happen. I remember in the summer at Balitmore he did "Manana" and he forgot the beginning of the third verse. But i still thought it was really cool to hear it again even if he screwed up a little bit. :D

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Inactive User

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n »

Yea he messed up This Hotel Room in Vegas pretty good. Missed the gorilla disguise and did the light that comes on when I aint home twice. He also tends to mess up The Wino and I know saying things like how the farmer knows the joy of his milkshake in motion. :lol:

But I don't harp on him cause songs that have similar lines in them like This Hotel Room and Wino and I Know would be hard to get right every time even after singing them hundreds of times.

trentonleonard
I have found me a home

Post by trentonleonard »

sounds llike he messed up come monday to me in vegas

FanInCincy
Hoot!
Location: Wishing I was Sitting on my Boston Whaler in York Harbor, Maine.

Post by FanInCincy »

I heard that too, but who cares?!!! Jimmy has given his fans too many years of fun to worry about such a small thing! Heck I am only 18 and I know all of his songs by heart! :D
"The sea's in my veins, my tradition remains"

prthd4353
Hoot!

Post by prthd4353 »

I dont really care about mess ups...thats what makes live albums so good, they are uncut! :)

phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Post by phjrsaunt »

prthd4353 wrote:I dont really care about mess ups...thats what makes live albums so good, they are uncut! :)
To be sure! And he always laughs at himself when he messes up, which makes it all the more fun. Bruce Springsteen (sp?) told of how he once could not remember some of the words to one of his BIG songs (Born to Run?) and finally broke down and asked his band, then joked with the audience about it, and started all over again. We're all only human. For the life of me, I can NEVER get the words right about the "milkshake in motion!" It's a tongue twister! :o

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.

coronakid
Southeast of disorder

I mess em up too

Post by coronakid »

Hell I'm omly 35 and I 've sung the songs millions of times and when I get the ol geeetar out I screw em up too, although several Coronas maaaaayyy have something to do wit it.
If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin friday night!

Cubbie Bear
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate/40
Number of Concerts: 31

Post by Cubbie Bear »

I goof up my keets names-daily, to stand in front of 40,000 people and remember the words to25 or 30 songs is tough.

I heard him say in an interview this summer, "The day I have to use a tele-prompter, is the day I hang it up" And there are a lot of "artists" using them
"Boat drinks, waitress we........nevermind"

He ain't wrong he's just different
but his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

CRC Parrothead
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by CRC Parrothead »

Cubbie Bear wrote:I goof up my keets names-daily, to stand in front of 40,000 people and remember the words to25 or 30 songs is tough.

I heard him say in an interview this summer, "The day I have to use a tele-prompter, is the day I hang it up" And there are a lot of "artists" using them
Well said CB!
Maybe later...
Just trying to get by being quiet and shy!!

JohnsonA
I have found me a home

Forgotten?

Post by JohnsonA »

If the were the same each and every time, wouldn't that get boring?

Hockey games on
Gypsies in the palace

Post by Hockey games on »

I would agree I think how it's great how Jimmy can laugh at himself afterwards. I was just commenting on how funny especially in concert when you sing the words to the song and Jimmy's singing something else and you star to question whose right! :D
"If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roaring Friday night."

tryin' to reason
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by tryin' to reason »

Maybe we could get him to take lip-synching lessons from Milli Vanilli??!!??

8) :wink: :pirate:
We'll party just like Bubba does,
We'll do the Old Man proud!

PHat Matt
Changing Channels

Post by PHat Matt »

I gotta admit, I have a LOT more senior moments during a JB show than he does, and Im about 1/4th his age and not playing gituar!!! :lol: Jimmy is the king!
and Jimmy theres still so much to be done...
WWW Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent

DrunkenIrish
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by DrunkenIrish »

it's gotten to the point where even though I KNOW all the lyrics to his songs, I never know what he's going to say next, because he shuffles the verses and stuff. I dig it, keeps me on my toes.
"At half time we were back talking in the dressing room, and uh we have done this for many many years, but we have voted this evening, amongst the band, that the parking lot at Alpine Valley is the best" - JB 6/28/03