Vegas or Hawaii...help

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

hula girlzs
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Vegas or Hawaii...help

Post by hula girlzs »

Live here in Hawaii,been thinking about getting tickets to the Vegas show. With the cost of our air fare;hotel etc.etc. it will be big bucks...no whammys.So does anyone know of a possiable date or even if J.B will play Hawaii? Also if we do get to Vegas where to stay? Any tips? This will be our first time going out of state for a concert.Lots of nice people post here so not to worried once we get to Vegas.Because of the time diffrenceI dont know what that will do for me getting tickets. Well I will cross my fingers that someone has heard about Hawaii date ....

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Since Jimmy was in Hawaii earlier this year, I wouldn't count on him going back really soon, though you never know. If you really want to see a show soon, I'd go to Vegas or San Diego.

I'm not going to Vegas, so I haven't paid much attention to the planning, but there are lots of folks going to the Oct 23rd show, and here's that thread: http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=

If money is a big issue, you might consider the San Diego show. EVERYTHING will be cheaper there. The tradeoffs are: it's not Vegas, if you like to gamble, etc, and I think fewer people from here will be in San Diego.

As far as airfare, have you checked Hawaiian Air? I know they were running specials.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

Lono
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 17

Re: Vegas or Hawaii...help

Post by Lono »

hula girlzs wrote:Live here in Hawaii,been thinking about getting tickets to the Vegas show. With the cost of our air fare;hotel etc.etc. it will be big bucks...no whammys.So does anyone know of a possiable date or even if J.B will play Hawaii? Also if we do get to Vegas where to stay? Any tips? This will be our first time going out of state for a concert.Lots of nice people post here so not to worried once we get to Vegas.Because of the time diffrenceI dont know what that will do for me getting tickets. Well I will cross my fingers that someone has heard about Hawaii date ....
You can get to Vegas and stay in Vegas for a reasonable price. I know Hawaiian Air has some great rates to Vegas. If you look on expedia.com, you can find hotel rooms in vegas in all price ranges. The big expense is your tickets to the Vegas show. The good seats are going for $210 a piece (that's not a scalper price, that's the ticketmaster price). As much as I like Vegas, SchoolGirlHeart has a good point - San Diego may be cheaper. If you plan to go to Vegas, keep in mind that tickets go on sale Saturday at 10am Vegas time. As you know, you need to be at your computer at 7am your time to get the best seats. Hope you make it to Vegas. I will be there for the 23rd show. By the way, Caesars palace has a terrific Hawaiin restaurant. It is appropriately named 808 - I'm sure you recognize the area code. Good luck.

P.S. I got lost in Hilo several years ago. Went to the volcano, and tried to get back to my hotel the long way. I was not brave enough to try Saddle road at night. I love your island.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Hunter s. Thompson

finsupinvegas
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by finsupinvegas »

All I can say,( from the inside scoop at M'Ville) is if any one is planning on being in Vegas that week (10/16-10/23) prepare to have the time of your life. They are calling it "Buffett Week". :pirate:
"Half baked cookies in the oven; half baked people on the bus; theres a little bit of fruitcake left in everyone of us." ;-)

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

Key Largo Hotel has decent rates and will be hosting one of the preparties.
Ask for the Parrotthead rate.

If you live in the islands...you get a locals rate to the mainland...

Tommy Rockers will have the preparty on the 15th....lots of fun..

Have fun
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Re: Vegas or Hawaii...help

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

hula girlzs wrote:Live here in Hawaii,been thinking about getting tickets to the Vegas show. With the cost of our air fare;hotel etc.etc. it will be big bucks...no whammys.So does anyone know of a possiable date or even if J.B will play Hawaii? Also if we do get to Vegas where to stay? Any tips? This will be our first time going out of state for a concert.Lots of nice people post here so not to worried once we get to Vegas.Because of the time diffrenceI dont know what that will do for me getting tickets. Well I will cross my fingers that someone has heard about Hawaii date ....
Sorry I forgot to give you the phone number to the Key Largo.......1 800 634 6617.....
Were you able to get tickets to the show? The preparty for the 16th show is on the night of Friday the 15th at Tommy Rockers. The Las Vegas Parrotthead Club is sponsoring it. It is $30 and includes tshirt, cheeseburger and a corona or margarita, music and dancing .....
Erik P from Lahaina is supposed to be opening the show ( www.thewhaleshark.com )....

We will see you there!!

Oh yea....Be prepared for wildness....... the Las Vegas shows are crazy compared to the show on maui....!!!!!! :D :o :D :D
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....

fairhopeparrot
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by fairhopeparrot »

If you weren't able to get tickets on Saturday I know that several BNER'S including myself have extra tickets for the October 23rd show on the Ticket Exchange page for face value plus ticketmaster fees. At least you won't have to pay high prices from those darn scalpers!!!! :D
And all across the harbour
Night lights shinin' in
It looks just like stars on the water

"Always keep the places you love in your heart and you will never be too far away."