Philadelphia Ticket results

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

pirateunder40
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 0

Philadelphia Ticket results

Post by pirateunder40 »

Even though new era tickets was impossiable to work this morning I still lucked out with get this for the Saturday night show 8 seats on the feild in section C and 8 more in an unknown lower level section. The secret was to call the 800 number apx. 3 min befor 10 the guy was so nice he let us make two transactions at the sme time on two different Credit cards. ALso picked up two oversized parking tickets for $50 bucks a pop what a rip off. And also got 4 tickets in section 111 forhe Thursday night show. SO how did everyone else do.

jackiesic
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Salt
Location: "Surf's Up! Surf City, New Jersey! Let's Go!" Jimmy Buffett 6-14-08 Philly Con

Post by jackiesic »

you faired much bettter than i did. i started calling at 950a and got nothing but a busy signal for 20 minutes straight. :-(
Jackie
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

areitztara
I have found me a home

Philly

Post by areitztara »

I got four for Thursaday through the pre sale. I also got four for Saturday this morning. It was nerve racking though. I had at least four sets of tickets run out of time because everything was jammed even with dsl. I stuck with it and got four on the lower level at 10:55. I was very surprised. I went on at 1:00 and there were still tickets avaliable. How is that possible.

dancelikeafool
If we weren't all crazy ...

Re: Philadelphia Ticket results

Post by dancelikeafool »

pirateunder40 wrote:Even though new era tickets was impossiable to work this morning I still lucked out with get this for the Saturday night show 8 seats on the feild in section C and 8 more in an unknown lower level section. The secret was to call the 800 number apx. 3 min befor 10 the guy was so nice he let us make two transactions at the sme time on two different Credit cards. ALso picked up two oversized parking tickets for $50 bucks a pop what a rip off. And also got 4 tickets in section 111 forhe Thursday night show. SO how did everyone else do.
pitman???? who is this?
photo's are like pictures taken with a camera.....remember I told you that!

pirateunder40
I have found me a home

Post by pirateunder40 »

my name is Mike... and who might I ask wants to know.. :D

dancelikeafool
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by dancelikeafool »

pirateunder40 wrote:my name is Mike... and who might I ask wants to know.. :D
I live in Pitman! I thought it was damn funny to see Pitman in a location!
Kevin!
photo's are like pictures taken with a camera.....remember I told you that!

markymarker
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by markymarker »

This morning sucked. I had 8 tickets on the field section H Roww 8 Seats 1-8, reserved via the website, then it crashed and lost my order. By the time I relaized what was happening, my 10 minutes to order were up, and I got stuck with 6 in the nose bleed section all the way across the Stadium.... :(- Not nice, Not Happy.

jackiesic
Hoot!
Location: "Surf's Up! Surf City, New Jersey! Let's Go!" Jimmy Buffett 6-14-08 Philly Con

Post by jackiesic »

markymarker wrote:This morning sucked. I had 8 tickets on the field section H Roww 8 Seats 1-8, reserved via the website, then it crashed and lost my order. By the time I relaized what was happening, my 10 minutes to order were up, and I got stuck with 6 in the nose bleed section all the way across the Stadium.... :(- Not nice, Not Happy.
I don't blame you. I called all numbers. Never got thru. Site crashed.
I talked with a CS rep on yet another line and tole her they were ill-prepared.
Jackie

bobandjodi
Nibblin' on sponge cake

New Era

Post by bobandjodi »

Glad (not really, but I don't feel so bad knowing I was not alone) that I wasn't the only one that had good tickets and could not pay for them. I lost 6 good seats for Saturday, then could not get anything for Saturday. But I did end up with 6 for Thursday in section 141. Not even sure ifthey are good, but they will work. This New Era must not have been ready for the amount of hits they received today. So somewhere someone is enjoying my Saturday Tickets!

flash100

ugh....

Post by flash100 »

It took four tries on the purchase screen - with four different sets of tickets, before it went thru and I got a pair. this was incredibly ill-prepared and frustrating. I went from Section 130 to N to H to finally 120, with an error each time at the very end with no way to get them back....but finally did get the 120s - this was at 1100!!!!.....I am really disappointed that they went with a new system, and so unprepared!

MA_Buffett_Fan23
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Number of Concerts: 27

Post by MA_Buffett_Fan23 »

I didn't have a problem getting tickets this morning... called the 800 number and got right in.. Bought my tickets for the Thursday show (section 308) and the 8 pack for Saturday (section 417).. Not the best seats in the house but I'll be there and that's all that matters! :D See y'all in August!!!! :D :D

Zuke
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 59

Post by Zuke »

Section H row 36 on the field for Saturday, got them over the phone. I couldn't get through at all on internet, and when I did, I got booted twice. I signed back on around 12:30, and there were tickets all over the place.

I did figure out that instead of waiting for the clock to go to 0 and see if it works, to just keep clicking on the link over and over, that's how I got by that clock screen more than once.

tequilatom
On a Salty Piece of Land
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by tequilatom »

i got a single at about 1:00 , section 'O' row 5 , i had the same problem w/ a pair this morning section n row 3 of not being able to check out.

Purple Ink
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Jamaican Rum Punch

Re: New Era

Post by Purple Ink »

bobandjodi wrote: But I did end up with 6 for Thursday in section 141. Not even sure ifthey are good, but they will work.
That's where we wound up, too.

It actually looks kinda ok, especially since I didn't even get them until 1:30.
" ...that's how I came to know another
good friend"

galewarning

new era problems for Philly's Sat show

Post by galewarning »

I got through on the phone at exactly 10:00 . The woman gave me the 8 tkts I asked for, told me which section, rows, and seats. She took my credit card number, told me the full amount charged. When I asked if I got a confirmation number, she said no. I asked again and she said I didn't need one. Later I got nervous, because others told me they got confirmation numbers. I called back and my suspicions were confirmed. I have NO tickets. They say they don't understand what happened, that no one there would tell me I didn't need a confirmation number. And there is nothing that they can do now.Did this happen to anyone else? I don't get it and I am so upset.
galewarning=coconut rum and club soda! Yummm

Zuke
Hoot!

Post by Zuke »

I did get a confirmation number from New Error..........I mean New Era tickets........just by chance, did you get the name of the rep on the phone? First thing the person did was id themselves on the phone when I got through. I just worry about credit card protection these days, hopefully this person wasn't scheming the ticket buyers.

jackiesic
Hoot!

Post by jackiesic »

I just checked out Ebay. My goodness! There are 5 pages of JB tkts for Philly - many of them prime seats.
Jackie

Zuke
Hoot!

Post by Zuke »

I was looking on ebay also, I soooooo wanted to bid $2200 for those 6th row seats on Saturday........

I noticed there was one ad that promised "front row" for $1200 or so, but the seats were in Section J, which is front row of the second section........thise sneaky little scalpers!

I actually hope it turns out like Fenway, with so many of those guys walking around right before the show ready to lose all of the money they "invested" in tickets.

moeron
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks.
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita's with good Tequila

Post by moeron »

If You look at tm website, there is no mention of tickets for sale. How is that so? If tickets go on sale, for say, Chicago, they should be on the website. Does that mean that some people will get screwed? Please help a Ph out.
I'd rather die while I'm Living, Than live while I'm dead!
ImageImage

jackiesic
Hoot!

Post by jackiesic »

Zuke wrote:I was looking on ebay also, I soooooo wanted to bid $2200 for those 6th row seats on Saturday........

I noticed there was one ad that promised "front row" for $1200 or so, but the seats were in Section J, which is front row of the second section........thise sneaky little scalpers!

I actually hope it turns out like Fenway, with so many of those guys walking around right before the show ready to lose all of the money they "invested" in tickets.
You're right.... pretty sneaky!
Had not heard about the Fenway story. Interesting.
I foolishly bought 2 tkts DIA level at pre-sale not knowing the stadium all that well. I bought them *thinking* that DIA was "on the diamond". I ws hopong to get better tkts on the regular sale day and just re-sell the DIA at face. It was not to be. I'll go in early that day and see what kind of "horse trading" I can do though :-)
Jackie