Ticket scalpers on Ebay

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

PIR8-4T
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: 50/50 Margarita

Ticket scalpers on Ebay

Post by PIR8-4T »

Has anyone followed ticket prices on Ebay as a concert gets closer? Santa Barbara tickets are being sold by ticket agencies from all over the US. Hopefully they have to unload the tickets as April 5th approaches. Right now most of the offered/scalped tickets are not getting bid on. Any opinions on this subject?

citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

And now the floodgates shall be opened!!!
Two words: scalpers shouldbeshot.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.

comemonday
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by comemonday »

I've never watched them on ebay as much--since the auction ends-but I've seen them go down closer to the concert on the other ticket sites (like ticketsnow.com or whatever.) I'd think they might get stuck w/ some this year since so many parrotheads were in on the presale. I think scalpers s*** too, but I have to admit we've used them in the past to get good seats.

ColdWaterConch
If we weren't all crazy ...
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ColdWaterConch »

tickets for hawaii are selling below face.

IMO, with the stadium tours this year, I bet ebay prices will be lower across the board (at least for the general seats...prime seats will still get marked up)

jackiesic
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Salt
Location: "Surf's Up! Surf City, New Jersey! Let's Go!" Jimmy Buffett 6-14-08 Philly Con

Post by jackiesic »

I watched a few of the ebay Philly tkt auctions. Some had bids, many did not and of course some are still ongoing.
Jackie
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

land_shark3
Here We Are

Post by land_shark3 »

Most "agencies" list at prices they would like to get. Those rarely get too many bids.

I've found that people bid more on the tickets a lot closer to the show.
It's your world, I'm just living in it! :pirate:

jvman16
Southeast of disorder

Post by jvman16 »

I almost always buy through EBAY. Only from those with high sales amount and excellent ratings. Especiallt if your willing to get single seats youll probably pay below face value. Even if you have to pay 25 bucks above, it beats having to waste time on the phone/puter and pay the ticketmaster prices.

jvman16
Southeast of disorder

Post by jvman16 »

I almost always buy through EBAY. Only from those with high sales amount and excellent ratings. Especiallt if your willing to get single seats youll probably pay below face value. Even if you have to pay 25 bucks above, it beats having to waste time on the phone/puter and pay the ticketmaster prices.

land_shark3
Here We Are

Post by land_shark3 »

citcat wrote:Two words: scalpers shouldbeshot.
Running...
There's only one show (Charlotte) that I didn't get my money back.
Hiding....
It's your world, I'm just living in it! :pirate:

thekidsalami
I have found me a home

Scalping...Be honest

Post by thekidsalami »

Just curious who's gonna be honest on this hypothetical question.

If you had two extra tickets that nobody in your group was using and you could sell them for twice face value on ebay thereby allowing you to essentially go fo free, would you?

In other words, you make $200 on the sale of two extra tix. The pair of tix that you bought for $100 each are now basically free.

So....do you do it?
Tryin' to tell myself that my condition is improvin' and if I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin' Friday night.

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

No, I'd bring them to the tailgate with me and sell them in the parking lot the day of the show.

Caribbean Soul Man
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Reggae Accident
Favorite Boat Drink: 10 Cane Rum on ice

Post by Caribbean Soul Man »

Can someone enlighten me on the "pre-sales?" Are they doing this at all venues this year? How do we find out when, where, how, etc. I too am tired of the phone/puter stress and that damn "convenience fee" from ticketBastard...
you can't lay on the beach and drink rum all day if you don't start in the morning 8)

...I'm just tryin' to get by, being quiet and shy, in this world full of pushin' and shove...

Mplsfins
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by Mplsfins »

I had 2 extra's for Alpine last year and got rid of them the day before the show for face. Fans are not out to make a buck on the shows from what I have seen. If someone has extra's and offers face they are a fan. If they want more do not buy from them.

My 2 Cents

jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by jbfins »

I have always had extra tickets and have NEVER sold them for anything but face value and I NEVER would. Heck, I gave away my extra ticket to the most recent South Hampton College show for free.

A few years ago at Great Woods, I refused to sell one of my extras to a drunk "party-head" even though he was offering me 3X the price. Instead I sold it to a guy for face value because he could name 5 JB albums besides BBB&B and SYKBH.
"Some people never find it..."

Caribbean Soul Man
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Reggae Accident
Favorite Boat Drink: 10 Cane Rum on ice

Post by Caribbean Soul Man »

jbfins wrote:I have always had extra tickets and have NEVER sold them for anything but face value and I NEVER would. Heck, I gave away my extra ticket to the most recent South Hampton College show for free.

A few years ago at Great Woods, I refused to sell one of my extras to a drunk "party-head" even though he was offering me 3X the price. Instead I sold it to a guy for face value because he could name 5 JB albums besides BBB&B and SYKBH.
I agree jbfins. And pholks should be warned, sometimes that drunk "party-head" offering more than face may just whip out a badge if you take 'em up on it... :wink:
you can't lay on the beach and drink rum all day if you don't start in the morning 8)

...I'm just tryin' to get by, being quiet and shy, in this world full of pushin' and shove...

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

If I have extras, I usually try to get sell them at face here, only because I hate to be worried about selling them in the parking lot.

But there is nothing better than the look on a fan's face when you offer to sell your tickets at face. :D
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!

creola51
Nibblin' on sponge cake

ticket scalpers on e-bay

Post by creola51 »

you don't have to pay much more than face even for good seats, i was just in tampa, i wouldn't sell my good pavillion seats to those that just wanted to sit on the lawn, i told them just hang in there NOT everyone is trying to get rich

PIR8-4T
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: 50/50 Margarita

Post by PIR8-4T »

I have ended with up an extra ticket or two and found a fellow fan to use it. The part that gets me are the ticket brokers from Dallas and Florida that are selling tickets to the Santa Barbara show on Ebay with the only purpose of profit. Because of this two friends that were second in line at two different Ticketmasters in the Santa Barbara area were unable to get tickets and Buffett doesn't play in the Santa Barbara often.

Cubbie Bear
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate/40
Number of Concerts: 31

Post by Cubbie Bear »

I have not bought from Ticketwhore or anywhere in ten years. We have successfully gone to Alpine sans tickets and ended up anywhere from the 8th row on back. I think the most I have ever paid was about $20 over face for two tix (10 each)
"Boat drinks, waitress we........nevermind"

He ain't wrong he's just different
but his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

If I had 2 extra tickets I'd do like Larry and sell them at the lot or give them away. If I sold them I'd sell them for what I paid for them.
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.