Philly Ticket Info

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

blackjack
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor or Little Miss Magic
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Philly Ticket Info

Post by blackjack »

I sent an e-mail to New Era Tickets asking about shipping of tix and parking and this is the answer I received:

"The tickets will be mailed out in April. The difference between the reserved parking and tailgate parking is that the reserved parking is closer, but the only lot you can tailgate in will be the tailgate lot. As of right now, they have not determined what time the parking lots will be opened. I hope this answers your questions! Thank you very much and have a great day. "

Does that help you? Doesn't help me much. But there it is.

See y'all in August!

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

I doubt they will be able to restrict tailgating to one lot.

Sounds like they need to check with Camden across the river to find out how to handle 90,000 parrotheads in 2 days!
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!

rednekkPH
Party at the End of the World

Post by rednekkPH »

PA PAR8 HED wrote:I doubt they will be able to restrict tailgating to one lot.

Sounds like they need to check with Camden across the river to find out how to handle 90,000 parrotheads in 2 days!
I don't think Camden will be too forthcoming with such info. I have a feeling they are not overjoyed about losing their show to Philly.

SanibelIsland
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by SanibelIsland »

Actually we talked to a rep the other day. The tailgating lot will most likely be the darien street lot the one right up on the phillies stadium OR the Wachovia lot directly across the street. KEEP IN MIND, the Eagles will most likely be playing that Saturday night and there WILL be concerts around as well. So my guess is while you can tailgate anywhere, they will designate certain areas for the people who purchased a parking ticket. IF not and it is basically hey park where you want to, they will have a major problem on their hands and refunds will be issued all over the place.

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

I can see them using the parking passes for the CBP lots, but parking on Darien, or in the Acme lot or the Wachovia lots should be wide open. Not everyone will have a pass.

Hopefully the Eagles will be out of town that weekend or have a Friday night/Sunday afternoon game. It would be a mess if both venues were active.
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!

blackjack
At the Bama Breeze

Post by blackjack »

I just hope it's not like Camden where the early arrivers have to park a mile away. I ordered two tailgate passes and hope they are worth it. Yes, I know I'll have to walk some, but still should get better parking than someone just pulling up that day.

Aw, who cares as long as the cops don't hassle. Camden cops have always been cool, Philly cops have been a pain in the a$$. Let's hope they understand that the tailgate lot might involve alcoholic beverages. :pirate:

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

We got an "oversized vehicle" pass, I wonder where they will put us!?!

SanibelIsland
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by SanibelIsland »

So you know we have been Eagles Season ticket holders for years and the cops are very cool down there. And they will be the same here. Just do not get out of hand and you will be fine. But understand what they see within the Eagles fan and the Buffett fan are two different things. The Buffett fan wants to hug you, the eagle fan wants to gauge your eyes out and they know that.

blackjack
At the Bama Breeze

Post by blackjack »

SanibelIsland wrote:So you know we have been Eagles Season ticket holders for years and the cops are very cool down there. And they will be the same here. Just do not get out of hand and you will be fine. But understand what they see within the Eagles fan and the Buffett fan are two different things. The Buffett fan wants to hug you, the eagle fan wants to gauge your eyes out and they know that.
My experience with the Philly cops has been that they don't want to see cans or bottles. Everything has to be in colored plastic cups (so they can't see the beer?). In Camden, people walk around with cans and bottles in koozies to keep it cold (a nice benefit on an August day).

What's your experience as far as the cans and bottle issue?

SanibelIsland
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by SanibelIsland »

They enforce the cup rule very hard. You need to put your beer or liquor in a cup. Now, we have had cozies before and they normally will not say anything, but it is the exposed bottles of liquor that get them all fired up. I will say it again, I think the tailgaiting lots are going to be the lots where they will not be as strict at all, but the other lots, they will be tough. Hey if you park in the Eagles lot at the linc they are not tough on you at all. But if you are drinking in the Acme lot, or one of the other lots, better have cups and no kegs because we have see the cops take all the liquor right from your car. They will do it if you want to play games with them. Minus that they are really great people to deal with. Offer them something to eat, they will take it and have fun with it.

Purple Ink
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Jamaican Rum Punch

Post by Purple Ink »

We're staying at the Holiday Inn, and a Philly friend told me that the hotel lot can sometimes get filled up with tailgaters for Eagles games.

Any of you local folks know if the hotel takes any precautions to save spots for guests when it gets crazy like this? Maybe they have a guest list or something...I don't know.

I'm looking forward to having home base so close for a change. I used to love that aspect of the Hartford Meadows. We'd have a full blown party in the hotel and take frequent strolls through the lots to enjoy the scenery.

I'm hoping we can do the same in Philly. :D
" ...that's how I came to know another
good friend"

rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

blackjack wrote: In Camden, people walk around with cans and bottles in koozies to keep it cold (a nice benefit on an August day).
If your beer gets warm, then you did not drink it fast enough.

UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

I just received an email back from them telling me that the tickets will ship BY April 15th
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>

blackjack
At the Bama Breeze

Post by blackjack »

rednekkPH wrote:
blackjack wrote: In Camden, people walk around with cans and bottles in koozies to keep it cold (a nice benefit on an August day).
I plan on getting to the lot around 11am. The concert's not until 8pm. It's all about pace my good man. All about pace. :pirate:

rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

blackjack wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:
I plan on getting to the lot around 11am. The concert's not until 8pm. It's all about pace my good man. All about pace. :pirate:
Pacing is for the weak :wink:

parrothead597
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Parking in Philly

Post by parrothead597 »

Question:

What constitutes an "over-sized vehicle" ??
"if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane"

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

We are getting a bus, I assume campers and other RVs are oversized too

UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

Either the Star Jones or Kirtsie Alley models :pirate:
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>

SanibelIsland
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by SanibelIsland »

The oversized vehicles are RV's. Normally they let you park in the Acme Parking lot, the Jetro or the Linc parking lot. Honestly. Considering Parrotheads in Philly and Jersey are Eagle fans, there will be some early morning tailgating. My guess is one lot will be near capacity by 10:00 AM. NOBODY tailgates like Philly.
Andy Rosse Lane the greatest street in America.

blackjack
At the Bama Breeze

Post by blackjack »

SanibelIsland wrote:The oversized vehicles are RV's. Normally they let you park in the Acme Parking lot, the Jetro or the Linc parking lot. Honestly. Considering Parrotheads in Philly and Jersey are Eagle fans, there will be some early morning tailgating. My guess is one lot will be near capacity by 10:00 AM. NOBODY tailgates like Philly.
I don't disagree with you Sanibel, but boy, I can't wait to see the response to THAT claim. "NOBODY tailgates like Philly." :pirate: [/b]