NY Katrina benefit to be on PPV

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

NY Katrina benefit to be on PPV

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/cablet ... 1001137816

They didn't mention Jimmy, but I'm sure he'll be covered. Although I don't know how they will show 2 shows at once.

MSG Underwrites Two Relief Concerts
September 15, 2005
By Anthony Crupi

Cablevision’s Madison Square Garden is underwriting From the Big Apple to the Big Easy, a pair of benefit concerts that will help raise millions of dollars for the reconstruction of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast areas destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

The twin concerts, which will be held simultaneously in the Garden and Radio City Music Hall on Sept. 20, will be available nationwide as a $19.95 pay-per-view telecast. Every dollar generated by the pay-per-view buys will go directly to the recovery effort; moreover, The Garden is donating an additional $1 million to the cause.

Tickets for the event range from $50 to $350 a piece.

The concerts will be available in an estimated 80 million homes served by operators Adelphia, Bright House Networks, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DirecTV, EchoStar’s DISH Network and Time Warner Cable.

Performers appearing on the bill include: Elvis Costello, Simon & Garfunkel, John Fogerty Tom Waits and Elton John, as well as New Orleans legends Buckwheat Zydeco, the Dirty Dozen Brass Band and the Neville Brothers.
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!

Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Re: NY Katrina benefit to be on PPV

Post by Quiet and Shy »

PA PAR8 HED wrote:http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/cablet ... 1001137816

They didn't mention Jimmy, but I'm sure he'll be covered. Although I don't know how they will show 2 shows at once.

MSG Underwrites Two Relief Concerts
September 15, 2005
By Anthony Crupi

Cablevision’s Madison Square Garden is underwriting From the Big Apple to the Big Easy, a pair of benefit concerts that will help raise millions of dollars for the reconstruction of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast areas destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

The twin concerts, which will be held simultaneously in the Garden and Radio City Music Hall on Sept. 20, will be available nationwide as a $19.95 pay-per-view telecast. Every dollar generated by the pay-per-view buys will go directly to the recovery effort; moreover, The Garden is donating an additional $1 million to the cause.

Tickets for the event range from $50 to $350 a piece.

The concerts will be available in an estimated 80 million homes served by operators Adelphia, Bright House Networks, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DirecTV, EchoStar’s DISH Network and Time Warner Cable.

Performers appearing on the bill include: Elvis Costello, Simon & Garfunkel, John Fogerty Tom Waits and Elton John, as well as New Orleans legends Buckwheat Zydeco, the Dirty Dozen Brass Band and the Neville Brothers.
Would they have two separate PPV channels???
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far

davesnik
Behind Door #3

Post by davesnik »

Why didn't they mention JB? He's just as big of an act, if not bigger, then some of those people mentioned. That's a shame....

Cincy - 6/8
Alpine - 6/10
Tinley Park - 8/5
INDY for MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! - 8/8
What heaven brought you & me, cannot be forgotten....

case
Hoot!

Post by case »

I just saw it advertised on tv.. and they mentioned Jimmy Buffett second...
I hope that all the greedy bastards in the world
Come back as lobsters.
You know that life at the bottom of the food chain
Suits them well.
I think that all of the evil people of the world
Come back as horseflies,
They want one last bite before they're sent to hell.

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Guess I need to check with our cable company to see if they are going to broadcast it.

dean_siu
Under My Lone Palm

Post by dean_siu »

They will probably coordinate it so that set changes happen in one city while an artist is performing in the other....that way, they can broadcast performances in the venues from the other market as well. Otherwise, could you imagine sitting through all those set changes? It would make for a long and boring night!

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

dean_siu wrote:They will probably coordinate it so that set changes happen in one city while an artist is performing in the other....that way, they can broadcast performances in the venues from the other market as well. Otherwise, could you imagine sitting through all those set changes? It would make for a long and boring night!
What other market? Madison Square Garden and Radio City are walking distance from each other.

To cut down on the time between acts they could do what they did at the 9/11 benefit concert. The stage was on a turntable-type thing. While one band was performing, they were setting up for the next band. When the first band was done, they just spun the stage around and there wasn't any down time.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

Anyone know if it is the whole CRB or is it just Jimmy?
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!

ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels

Post by ToplessRideFL »

PA PAR8 HED wrote:Anyone know if it is the whole CRB or is it just Jimmy?
the whole shebang
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII

dean_siu
Under My Lone Palm

Post by dean_siu »

ToplessRideFL wrote:
PA PAR8 HED wrote:Anyone know if it is the whole CRB or is it just Jimmy?
the whole shebang
Ricky Martin is going to be there??? :o :o :lol:

murPH
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: "Desperation Samba--Anguilla version"
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: perfect margarita, of course!

So sad...

Post by murPH »

:( I am so sad. We live up in the mountains of south central Pennsylvania, in the boonies, and do not get PPV. Think it may be broadcast on Radio Margaritaville???

"More cowbell!"---Christopher Walken
"Still crazy after all these years."---Paul Simon