Jones Beach Hotel Situation

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Snake
Southeast of disorder

Jones Beach Hotel Situation

Post by Snake »

Fellow Parrotheads,

I am looking for help with this hotel situation out in LI. I am currently booked at the Econo Lodge, but don't know anything about the place. Is it a dive, too far away, whatever? I called about 6 of the hotels on the Jones Beach website and they are either booked, or they are places I have never heard of (i.e. Coliseum Motor Inn...This guy told me not all rooms have TV's).

I need a local to help me out here and give me a name and a number, or just tell me that the Econo Lodge is a nice place.

Also, the Econo Lodge is charging $109 (plus tax) a night. Am I going to beat that deal?

Let me know and I can't wait till July 1.
puckhead
Invalid Email Address

Post by puckhead »

Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY AT THE DAYS INN in HICKSVILLE.

The place was a complete dump and we were all wishing that we had spent to extra $$ for a nicer hotel. It spelled like urine and the rooms were gross.
Snake
Southeast of disorder

Post by Snake »

I will cross that one off my list...Not up for the urine smell when I arrive Friday night...Although I may be the one smelling like urine on Saturday Night, if I am not careful.
elderflowerapplejuice
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 0

Hotels Near Jones Beach

Post by elderflowerapplejuice »

I live in Rockville Centre, and there are 4 hotels here, it is an easy ride to Jones Beach Theatre, only about 14 miles, its a nice ride there too, you can go by way of the beach. The first one is:

The Sunrise Executive Hotel (right now there are rooms available at $159.00 per night) address 415 Ocean Avenue, Rockville Centre, NY

Diplomat Motor Inn (right now there are rooms for $129.00) the address is 1000 Sunrise Highway, Rockville Centre

Best Western Mill River Manor 173 Sunrise Highway, Rockville Centre, NY

Hampton Inn & Suites 125 Merrick Road, Rockville Centre, NY 516-599-1700 rooms availabe at $200.00 rooms are available through hampton inn website only.
LIJBphan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by LIJBphan »

Best western Bar Harbor in Massapequa, easy ride to the beach.
Snake
Southeast of disorder

Post by Snake »

Thanks for the info...Have you heard anything about the Econo Lodge in Hicksville? That is where I have reservations right now.
job41475
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin to Reason
Number of Concerts: 37
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer
Location: "I want to Thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio

Re: Hotels Near Jones Beach

Post by job41475 »

elderflowerapplejuice wrote:I live in Rockville Centre, and there are 4 hotels here, it is an easy ride to Jones Beach Theatre, only about 14 miles, its a nice ride there too, you can go by way of the beach. The first one is:

The Sunrise Executive Hotel (right now there are rooms available at $159.00 per night) address 415 Ocean Avenue, Rockville Centre, NY

Diplomat Motor Inn (right now there are rooms for $129.00) the address is 1000 Sunrise Highway, Rockville Centre

Hampton Inn & Suites 125 Merrick Road, Rockville Centre, NY 516-599-1700 rooms availabe at $200.00 rooms are available through hampton inn website only.
I live in Franklin Square ( Hi neighbor) and I agree with these choices ...Good advice
CoronaMargaritahead
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Swizzle / Mojito

Post by CoronaMargaritahead »

puckhead wrote:Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY AT THE DAYS INN in HICKSVILLE.

The place was a complete dump and we were all wishing that we had spent to extra $$ for a nicer hotel. It spelled like urine and the rooms were gross.
i dont think i'd stay in anyplace that is bold enough to call themselves "hicksville" lol
job41475
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin to Reason
Number of Concerts: 37
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer
Location: "I want to Thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio

Post by job41475 »

CoronaMargaritahead wrote:
puckhead wrote:Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY AT THE DAYS INN in HICKSVILLE.

i dont think i'd stay in anyplace that is bold enough to call themselves "hicksville" lol
Good point but aren't you from "Mary"Land? :)
Touch O Parrotdise
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Nice Bourbon Straight

Post by Touch O Parrotdise »

job41475 wrote:
elderflowerapplejuice wrote:I live in Rockville Centre, and there are 4 hotels here, it is an easy ride to Jones Beach Theatre, only about 14 miles, its a nice ride there too, you can go by way of the beach. The first one is:

I live in Franklin Square ( Hi neighbor) and I agree with these choices ...Good advice
diplomat is where pilots stay from JFK.. can't be too bad.. econo lodge in hicksville does looks nice from the outside...plus it's right off the wantagh parkway which ends at jones beach... 8)
NorthernConch
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by NorthernConch »

Touch O Parrotdise wrote:
job41475 wrote:

diplomat is where pilots stay from JFK.. can't be too bad.. econo lodge in hicksville does looks nice from the outside...plus it's right off the wantagh parkway which ends at jones beach... 8)
if pilots stay there it will be nice and clean.

Donated a kidney - 12/7/06
lilsalty
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Mic's Nilla Killa...SDB, BVI

Post by lilsalty »

Creepy info: a few years back, a psychotic student from Hofstra murdered one of his friends in a room at the Econo Lodge in Hicksville. Then he drove around with the body....staying there would creep me out a little.....
"Clive!! The cooler!!" -- CDIII aboard the Shamwari, BVI.
Touch O Parrotdise
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Nice Bourbon Straight

Post by Touch O Parrotdise »

lilsalty wrote:Creepy info: a few years back, a psychotic student from Hofstra murdered one of his friends in a room at the Econo Lodge in Hicksville. Then he drove around with the body....staying there would creep me out a little.....
just don't stay in the room with the plaque that says "this is the room where the hofstra student stayed".