Some people have all the luck..............

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

verphin
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 0

Some people have all the luck..............

Post by verphin »

Hi everyone - I post here sometimes, but I had to pass this frustrating story on to you. I have a friend who was at my house over the weekend. Their daughter is moving back here to northern Ohio from the Gulfport, MS area and she had some household appliances to sell - refrigerator, washer/dryer, etc. My friend, who was at my house, got a call from his daughter. She told him that she sold her appliances to some guy named Jimmy Buffett :o . When my friend told her who it was, she immediately told him to tell me, as she knows I am a parrothead. She came face-to-face with THE MAN and she didn't realize to whom she was talking until we explained it to her :o . You dream of being in this situation where you might come face-to-face with JB and someone who has no idea has all the luck :-?
A bad day on vacation is always better than a good day at work!

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Buffett buys used appliances??? :-?

verphin
I have found me a home

Post by verphin »

She said he told her he was buying them for a vacation home he just bought or something. They were nearly new, quite expensive appliances to start with.
A bad day on vacation is always better than a good day at work!

UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

38 million a year, and he doesnt buy new ones? gotta love this guy.
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>

Buffett PHan
I need two more boat drinks

Post by Buffett PHan »

I don't know........

warmsugar
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Budlite Lime

Post by warmsugar »

Had that been me...I would have asked him to sing something...only he has the ability to give me chicken skin! :D :lol: :wink:

The Boy Nobody Knew
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Life is Just a Tire Swing
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Jagerbombs

Post by The Boy Nobody Knew »

I've gotta call shenanigans on this one. I've never seen any indications that JB is the eccentric cheapskate type anywhere before. If he is furnishing a house, vacation or otherwise, he (or probably an employee of his) is gonna probably be buying top of the line stuff and definitely buying it new. Him going garage sale hunting looking for a deal on used appliances, I'm not buying it.

weirdo0521
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 50

Post by weirdo0521 »

So let me get this straight...

Jimmy is looking through the classifieds, for some deals on used appliances...for a vacation home he just bought.... ? :-?
Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
http://www.LPRFC.com

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Maybe even Jimmy doesn't have the kind of PULL it takes to get a delivery when HE wants it!!!!! :wink:

If you've ever dealt with someone wanting something right NOW, you'll understand.

rednekkPH
Party at the End of the World

Post by rednekkPH »

I believe it. Just the other day, Bill Gates stopped by my yard sale looking for 10 cent Tupperware lids.

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos

Post by Brown Eyed Girl »

rednekkPH wrote:I believe it. Just the other day, Bill Gates stopped by my yard sale looking for 10 cent Tupperware lids.
Dang! :evil: I wanted those....you didn't sell them to him, didja? :-? :wink:

rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:I believe it. Just the other day, Bill Gates stopped by my yard sale looking for 10 cent Tupperware lids.
Hell yeah...a dime is a dime. Maintaining my lavish style of living isn't cheap, ya know.

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos

Post by Brown Eyed Girl »

rednekkPH wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Hell yeah...a dime is a dime. Maintaining my lavish style of living isn't cheap, ya know.
I hope the spare room is clean and ready...I may be moving in! :o :wink: :lol:

rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
I got a whole bunch of spare rooms - as long as you can forgo things like heat, AC, water and electricity for a couple months. :D

1 CP
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by 1 CP »

The Boy Nobody Knew wrote:I've gotta call shenanigans on this one. I've never seen any indications that JB is the eccentric cheapskate type anywhere before. If he is furnishing a house, vacation or otherwise, he (or probably an employee of his) is gonna probably be buying top of the line stuff and definitely buying it new. Him going garage sale hunting looking for a deal on used appliances, I'm not buying it.
I'm with you, Boy---First of all, as good as he says Jane is at building and decorating homes, i doubt he has much to do with that end of things... :lol: :lol:

...............unless, of course, he were setting up a secret "bachelor pad"

......but even then, he'd have Mike or Charleston or someone handle those details... :wink: :wink:

No, cute story but impossible :-? :-?

"Be good and you will be lonesome, be lonesome and you will be free"

9/14 MSG=first Buffett concert!!

jackiesic
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Salt
Location: "Surf's Up! Surf City, New Jersey! Let's Go!" Jimmy Buffett 6-14-08 Philly Con

Post by jackiesic »

1 CP wrote:
The Boy Nobody Knew wrote:I've gotta call shenanigans on this one. I've never seen any indications that JB is the eccentric cheapskate type anywhere before. If he is furnishing a house, vacation or otherwise, he (or probably an employee of his) is gonna probably be buying top of the line stuff and definitely buying it new. Him going garage sale hunting looking for a deal on used appliances, I'm not buying it.
I'm with you, Boy---First of all, as good as he says Jane is at building and decorating homes, i doubt he has much to do with that end of things... :lol: :lol:

......but even then, he'd have Mike or Charleston or someone handle those details... :wink: :wink:

Or there is someone else with the same name :-)
Jackie
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

rednekkPH wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
having gone for loam rather than clay lining for your new hole couldn't have been cheap... :D

Cubbie Bear
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate/40
Number of Concerts: 31

Post by Cubbie Bear »

Back in 1990 my concert promoter in Columbia, SC also was a long time Jimmy promoter from the early days. While negotiating our concert season, I asked the guy about perhaps setting up some lunch and golf with Jimmy around the Charlotte Show time.

The promoter told me, "Oh sure I can do that, but you'll pay for the golf, lunch, his drinks and maybe even mileage to get there, he is the cheapest son of a b*tch on the planet". (just one of many less than flattering things he told me)

Don't know if he still is, but this is a pretty reliable source as to his MO in the past.

I got fifth row tickets and a backstage invite out of the deal at least* And I still don't care if he is a tight a$$ or not or any of the other things I was told

*long story :evil:
"Boat drinks, waitress we........nevermind"

He ain't wrong he's just different
but his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

rednekkPH wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
I got a whole bunch of spare rooms - as long as you can forgo things like heat, AC, water and electricity for a couple months. :D
heat and electricity for the next couple months.. sure. a/c after Sept., sure.

Water... have you offended the neighbours yet, or will they allow weekly visits to use the shower? :D

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

jackiesic wrote:
1 CP wrote:

Or there is someone else with the same name :-)
Maybe it's the same guy who was in the Hamptons a couple of weeks ago, had dinner in a restaurant and told the waiter he didn't have any money with him. Went to his car, got an autographed CD and gave it to the waiter. One problem, it was the night of the Atlanta concert. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here