Concert Behavior Q&A- Jones Beach- Semi Poll

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Goodman
Fruitcake
Number of Concerts: 0

Concert Behavior Q&A- Jones Beach- Semi Poll

Post by Goodman »

Should the voice of an individual fan talking or singing exceed that of Jimmy's?
Should the level of running commentary over the setlist and Jimmy's wardrobe drown out the tunes?

Should cellphones be on let alone active producing mucho discussion while the show is on?

Should cellphones be used during intermission when close enough for your surrouding neighbors to feel they are on a party line?

What if the person in question is stone cold sober.

I expect my fellow PH/s to enhance the show not detract from it.

To me there's nothing more anti-Buffett than a loud, obnoxious, arrogant ahole trying to tell us how brilliant he is or how cutting edge he is with a lousy cellphone,

Any thoughts?
I know Jimmy Buffett, Jimmy Buffett is a friend of mine. Son, you're no Jimmy Buffett!
As quoted by Marvin Gardens 4/1/89

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Re: Concert Behavior Q&A- Jones Beach- Semi Poll

Post by RinglingRingling »

Goodman wrote:Should the voice of an individual fan talking or singing exceed that of Jimmy's?
Should the level of running commentary over the setlist and Jimmy's wardrobe drown out the tunes?

Should cellphones be on let alone active producing mucho discussion while the show is on?

Should cellphones be used during intermission when close enough for your surrouding neighbors to feel they are on a party line?

To me there's nothing more anti-Buffett than a loud, obnoxious, arrogant ahole trying to tell us how brilliant he is or how cutting edge he is with a lousy cellphone,

Any thoughts?
It's Lawnguyland... it almost comes with the territory. Confiscate the phone, snap it in half and give those back to him. If he's that brilliant, he can fix it with a paperclip, two thumbtacks, and duct tape.

Buffett PHan
I need two more boat drinks

Post by Buffett PHan »

I think everyone in attendance should be sitting in their reserved seats in absolute silence as if they were in church on Sunday morning. There's no lawn at Jones Beach......

longlinergirl
Hoot!

Post by longlinergirl »

Buffett PHan wrote:I think everyone in attendance should be sitting in their reserved seats in absolute silence as if they were in church on Sunday morning. There's no lawn at Jones Beach......
lol
Eat seafood? Use bait? Thank a commercial fisherman.

"Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest football team..."

Q:"What is with this Parrothead phenomenon"?

A:"Its like AA, but in reverse"

Goodman
Fruitcake

Poll

Post by Goodman »

Buffett PHan wrote:I think everyone in attendance should be sitting in their reserved seats in absolute silence as if they were in church on Sunday morning. There's no lawn at Jones Beach......

You mean like COBO? :-)
No there's no lawn but some folks with bird seed for brains.
I know Jimmy Buffett, Jimmy Buffett is a friend of mine. Son, you're no Jimmy Buffett!

parrotheadstueby
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark and Stormy

Post by parrotheadstueby »

what about the amount of "fans" at JB leaving early-there were a ton of open seats from the start and half way through-its sad to work hard to get even a single-were as there are 8 seats in arow left empty-at least GW fans pack the house
I want to go back to the island,
Where the shrimp boats tie up to the pilin'.
Give me oysters and beer for dinner ev'ry day of the year

God's Own Drunk
Southeast of disorder

Post by God's Own Drunk »

People's behavior in public has been on the decline for quite a while. This is one of the reasons I don't go to movies anymore, people talking to each other and at the screen out loud as if they were in their living room.
(Like my most recent experience during SUPERMAN RETURNS)

I don't think people should be stone silent during the shows. Hell, it's great to be animated and lively. But when you have people (like I did Saturday at Jones Beach) that spend the whole show yammerin' on about this or that loudly with each other, making and taking phone calls and generally being a pain in the a** to those around them, why not call them on it and tell 'em to knock it off and take it back to the lots?

phansheridan
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by phansheridan »

Haha, Goodman if you are talking about me... I appoligize I recently cut back very much on my drinking which lowered my tollerance and lets just say I was alittle overserved at Jones Beach in the parking lot and was in rare form inside. I may have been one of many who were singing the lyrics alittle too loud.
Both shows at Greatwoods in June
Seattle and Vegas in October

Girlfriend doesn't realize that shes going to be a parrothead by the end of this summer whether she likes it or not.

phansheridan
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by phansheridan »

and PS goodman if you want to go to a quiet concert go see an Opera Jimmy is very purposly about expressing yourself and having a good time, like my second grade teacher told me a long time ago, people will only upset you if you let them
Both shows at Greatwoods in June
Seattle and Vegas in October

Girlfriend doesn't realize that shes going to be a parrothead by the end of this summer whether she likes it or not.

Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

Concerts are concerts, same situations and hangups included.
Always has been that way... front row to back o'lawn. :roll:

When the irritating little things becomes too much to handle, sorry...
but it's time to stay home and listen peacefully on RM :P
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!

Goodman
Fruitcake

JB@JB

Post by Goodman »

phansheridan wrote:Haha, Goodman if you are talking about me... I appoligize I recently cut back very much on my drinking which lowered my tollerance and lets just say I was alittle overserved at Jones Beach in the parking lot and was in rare form inside. I may have been one of many who were singing the lyrics alittle too loud.
Suggest you reread my words. I've been to see JB for near 30 years. I don't expect a library or an opera. I expect loud singin and dancin, the rest of the behavior I write about is arrogance, rudeness and the way people are in the 21st century too often. It's all about them and their instantaneous gratification. Why I guess I enjoy Westerns. :-) Wouldn't enjoy a Buffett show on my ass or without seeing how much my friends n neighbors enjoy it. If you've got a cellphone call then take it off sides. Just my opinion.

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

When I go to a concert, Buffett or anyone else, I turn my cell phone off when I go inside. It has voice mail.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

hoppermom

Post by hoppermom »

Hi,
I'm a total newbie to this site but have been to about a concert a year since 1978 and we have always sang along quietly (!) I think if you go to a Jimmy Buffett concert you should leave everything else outside and enjoy the show. Just my opinion.
Go Dawgs
Jimmy fan since 1974
I love manatees

slimwis
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The Cap'n and 7
Location: Standing at the edge of the gene pool....with a gallon of Clorox!

Post by slimwis »

Goodman wrote:Should the voice of an individual fan talking or singing exceed that of Jimmy's?

Any thoughts?

No F'ing rules at a Buffett concert. Deal with it. If there ever are, I'll quit going. :pirate:
One of the Boys of Boca!
Livin' and dyin' in 3.4 Ghz time.

Lat: 35:08:7.109N
Lon: 106:34:5.531W

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

slimwis wrote:No F'ing rules at a Buffett concert. Deal with it. If there ever are, I'll quit going. :pirate:
No, not rules - but some manners are always nice. :)

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

LIPH wrote:When I go to a concert, Buffett or anyone else, I turn my cell phone off when I go inside. It has voice mail.
So that's why I never get a DD from you?? :D :D

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

ragtopW wrote:
LIPH wrote:When I go to a concert, Buffett or anyone else, I turn my cell phone off when I go inside. It has voice mail.
but if i had your number, we would have called you and shared the magic of the show with the other BN'ers we called....
Last edited by txaggirl91 on July 4, 2006 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

txaggirl91 wrote:
ragtopW wrote:
but i had your number, we would have called you and shared the magic of the show with the other BN'ers we called....
do you have my number??

Did you see Island_Time and SpainJane?? they Have it.. :D :D :D :D

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

ragtopW wrote:
txaggirl91 wrote:
ragtopW wrote:
but i had your number, we would have called you and shared the magic of the show with the other BN'ers we called....
do you have my number??

no i dont have your number...

i saw them at the tailgate... but they were not part of the section g bn singers...
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

txaggirl91 wrote:
ragtopW wrote:
txaggirl91 wrote:
ragtopW wrote:
do you have my number??

no i dont have your number...

i saw them at the tailgate... but they were not part of the section g bn singers...

:D :D PM Incomming..