Backstage?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Floridaze
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by Floridaze »

I too have been very fortunate the past 10 years to do the pre-post show deal....due to band members....waiting to see if I can still pull it off this year for the Florida shows....haven't paid for any yet but always offer...and wouldn't mind paying if I have to...usually great seats, free beer and munchies and no line to the rest room at intermission...
"I'm back to living Floridays,
Blue skies and ultraviolet rays,
Looking for better days"

Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Quiet and Shy »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Quiet and Shy wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
AlbatrossFlyer wrote:blame it on the red sox, 1 of their players comped almost a million dollars worth of tickets in one year. needless to say, when the IRS got wind of it, things changed....
but does the guy still play for the red sox? I think 90% of the team has been traded.... :roll:

A million dollars.... geez.... what'd he do, see the Stones 100 times? :roll:
And a real bummer if those weren't true comps (because that's a lot of tickets to be giving away to friends and family) ..e.g. re-sold on the scalper market for more $$s. :roll: :-?
this would be my guess...
probably so, yep.... :-? :-?

how one stupid guy can screw up a good thing..... :-?
As if pro atheletes don't make enough money already these days.... :roll: :-?

Looks like a full thread hijacking at this point.... :oops: :lol: ..."we can hijack this thread in 7 posts or less...." :roll: :wink:
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far

SoILPrtHed
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Nobody From Nowhere & Nothin But A Breeze
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by SoILPrtHed »

What just burns me is the fact that someone like me- new to the scene- and would like to enjoy the band and JB. But can't- because of those who have some stroke or pull mess it up for those us that have to struggle to get or have what is readily available to them! :evil:
The reason I always want to come home- Paradise Cove! Image

RAGTOP
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by RAGTOP »

SoILPrtHed wrote:What just burns me is the fact that someone like me- new to the scene- and would like to enjoy the band and JB. But can't- because of those who have some stroke or pull mess it up for those us that have to struggle to get or have what is readily available to them! :evil:
so your upset that your new to the scene and can't meet Jimmy backstage :-?

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

SoILPrtHed wrote:What just burns me is the fact that someone like me- new to the scene- and would like to enjoy the band and JB. But can't- because of those who have some stroke or pull mess it up for those us that have to struggle to get or have what is readily available to them! :evil:
Honestly, though, if you want to get to know some of the band members, go see their shows/gigs: Club Trini, Peter Mayer Group, Mac McAnally, Uncle Jim (Jim Mayer), Jake Shimabukuro.... They all hang around afterwards and talk to their fans, and every one whom I've met is a genuinely nice person.

One of the best places to interact with band members is Meeting of the Minds in Key West. Again, they're doing their own gigs and often hanging around afterwards for meet and greets...
Last edited by SchoolGirlHeart on September 8, 2006 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

You can enjoy the band by buying a ticket to one of the shows. I was lucky enough to become friends with a member of the band and get pre-show passes a few times but I still had to pay for my concert tickets.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Quiet and Shy »

RAGTOP wrote:
so your upset that your new to the scene and can't meet Jimmy backstage :-?
Or, perhaps upset that someone abused the system and ruined it for many.

Knowing the right folks, though, is just the luck of the draw, really. And that's just like many other things in life.... :wink:
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Quiet and Shy wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Quiet and Shy wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
AlbatrossFlyer wrote:blame it on the red sox, 1 of their players comped almost a million dollars worth of tickets in one year. needless to say, when the IRS got wind of it, things changed....
but does the guy still play for the red sox? I think 90% of the team has been traded.... :roll:

A million dollars.... geez.... what'd he do, see the Stones 100 times? :roll:
And a real bummer if those weren't true comps (because that's a lot of tickets to be giving away to friends and family) ..e.g. re-sold on the scalper market for more $$s. :roll: :-?
this would be my guess...
probably so, yep.... :-? :-?

how one stupid guy can screw up a good thing..... :-?
As if pro atheletes don't make enough money already these days.... :roll: :-?

Looks like a full thread hijacking at this point.... :oops: :lol: ..."we can hijack this thread in 7 posts or less...." :roll: :wink:
and thus, one more reason for me to cheer the Red Sox on to another 85 years on their couches watching other teams play in the Series...

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

RinglingRingling wrote:and thus, one more reason for me to cheer the Red Sox on to another 85 years on their couches watching other teams play in the Series...
if he still plays for the sox...... maybe it's someone who went to the dark side..... (in more ways than one...)
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:and thus, one more reason for me to cheer the Red Sox on to another 85 years on their couches watching other teams play in the Series...
if he still plays for the sox...... maybe it's someone who went to the dark side..... (in more ways than one...)
as long as his career is marked by a return to the ranks of A-League ball, substituting for the mascot more than he plays on the field, and cleaning the locker room urinals with his toothbrush between games... I could take this particular strike against the Sox off their list.. :D

AlbatrossFlyer
Schoolboy heart & a license to fly

Post by AlbatrossFlyer »

I'd feel bad for you, but I have no soul.....

If you can't do it with brains, you won't do it with hours - Kelly Johnson

SoILPrtHed
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Nobody From Nowhere & Nothin But A Breeze
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by SoILPrtHed »

Missing the point Ragtop. Love the scene, love JB and the band. Can't stand those that have it easy making difficult for those of us who aren't as lucky. Forgive me for not being able to hit .300, throw 90 mph, rush for 1000 yards or throw for 35 TDs. I am perfectly satisfied with being able to see them in concert once or twice a year and listening to all of them on Radio Margaritaville. Was just checking the waters to see if there was a way to make the experience even better- no more, no less!
The reason I always want to come home- Paradise Cove! Image

Mr Play
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Mr Play »

I understand that Mavericks employees pay for their tickets now, but they get a bonus on their checks to offset the cost. It's a good way of doing it because it automates the accounting for the employees.
It was a pleasure and a hell of an evening
Truly was our night to win
But the authorities insist on my leaving
Take care my American friend

citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

I've met 4 (or 5) of the band members, nice people! I met them by going to their shows, going to MOTM and hanging around the stage, etc.
Fingers DID appear to be a little wary of me, I don't know why...???? [smilie=battingeyes.gif] :lol:

NOBODY (well hardly anybody) gets to just 'meet' Jimmy. It's kinda like winning the big lottery.
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

citcat wrote:I've met 4 (or 5) of the band members, nice people! I met them by going to their shows, going to MOTM and hanging around the stage, etc.
Fingers DID appear to be a little wary of me, I don't know why...???? [smilie=battingeyes.gif] :lol:

NOBODY (well hardly anybody) gets to just 'meet' Jimmy. It's kinda like winning the big lottery.
he was still talking about the wedgie you gave him when we saw him with KD in Lancaster last month...

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

citcat wrote:I've met 4 (or 5) of the band members, nice people! I met them by going to their shows, going to MOTM and hanging around the stage, etc.
I've met all of them except Jimmy, but that's because I'm special. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

AlbatrossFlyer
Schoolboy heart & a license to fly

Post by AlbatrossFlyer »

LIPH wrote:
since i've met jimmy, am i more special?

I'd feel bad for you, but I have no soul.....

If you can't do it with brains, you won't do it with hours - Kelly Johnson

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

AlbatrossFlyer wrote:
LIPH wrote:
as well as all the band members?

citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

RinglingRingling wrote:

he was still talking about the wedgie you gave him when we saw him with KD in Lancaster last month...
Actually, it was the one I gave him at Cincinnati at the Beganniversary.
BOY was he surprised. Evidently, he didn't get the email about his impending wedgie. 8) [smilie=blush.gif] :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.

balcony girls

Post by balcony girls »

RinglingRingling wrote:
AlbatrossFlyer wrote:
LIPH wrote:
as well as all the band members?
. .umm . .me . ? ? . . yes. . :oops:

. .and, Larry . .the only one I've NOT met is Heather . .

:-?
. . " and I finally disappear . . . . BUT NOT YET ! ! "