WHERE DID YOUR BN NAME COME FROM???

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

alphabits
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by alphabits »

Well since we've ruled dental hygiene out, I gotta go with the cotton candy commando.

dawgfan
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 52

Post by dawgfan »

popcornjack wrote:Thanks for bringing this back (and now I know what smlchng means. :lol: ) Mine has nothing to do with Buffett and everything to do with my time working as a concessionaire at a sideshow. My two nicknames were Popcorn Jack and The Flossmaster (and extra credit if anyone can figure out where that comes from. :wink: )
Cotton Candy vendor :D

popcornjack
Changing Channels
Favorite Buffett Song: Biloxi
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: Dos Equis

Post by popcornjack »

alphabits wrote:Well since we've ruled dental hygiene out, I gotta go with the cotton candy commando.
....otherwise known as Candy Floss. We have a winner. Don Pardo, tell him what he's won. (And special consideration for dawgfan as well.)
Take me for what I am, a star newly emerging.
I accept the new found man, and I set the twilight reeling.

GroundSwell
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by GroundSwell »

Ah ha! Now it's all starting to make sense. Penny- I couldn't have figured that one out and I was wondering.

Connie - I called you lulu the other day and I had no idea.

GroundSwell- I head up Mike Aiken's Street Team ( fan club) and it's called the GroundSwell. We are a "sudden gathering of force" or "A broad deep undulation of the ocean" get his name out there. Seeing as his music is based around living aboard,beaches and traveling It's a combination of both definitions.

I use this when I don't want to use my real name. I hve trouble naming my pets let alone come up with new catchy screeen names. My poor kids!

Meka- yes it's my real name, not short for anything.
"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

www.mikeaikenmusic.com
www.myspace.com/groundswellstreetteam

The other side of me...
www.sailfit.com

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

My screen name is the result of a nickname that has evolved over the years into what it is today. When I first moved to the area I live in now, I was going thru a divorce and newly single. I am a scuba diver, and new to the area, most of my new friends were divers or worked at the dive shop. Being newly single, and not ready to commit to another relationship so soon, my dating life soon became the talk of the local dive community, and soon the nicknames "whoredog" and "slutpuppy" were lovingly ( and as a joke) bestowed upon me.
Upon meeting Marilyn, the woman I was meant to live my life with, my retirement from the dating scene made these nicknames no longer applicable. As I am a diver, an ex-Navy submariner, and now a sailor ( she and I have a 30 ft sailboat CONDOR), the nickname "whoredog" evolved into "Seadog" around the diveshop and my friends (after a lot of pleading on my part).
When I started posting on boards, I needed something original, so I took the Seadog nickname, personalized it by changing the spelling to incorporate my name, Chris and voila...C-Dawg
ImageImage

Midnight Flyer
License to Chill
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojitos in the desert
Location: cruising on my landing gear just "taxiing round SJD" NOT heading back to KSNA!

Post by Midnight Flyer »

Mine is a nickname that was given to me years ago by some old friends. In the early 80's one of my first flying jobs (where I actually got paid cash-which is just as good as money! :-? ) was flying the right seat of a DC3 carrying mail and cargo from Seattle to Spokane with stops along the way. I would get to work about 6PM and was never home much before 3AM. Needless to say I very seldom saw friends and they ended up naming me Midnight Flyer; a play on the Alman Bros. song Midnight Rider.

Unfortunately, I'm just "taxiing around on my landing gear" right now after some medical issues back in January. But I'm going to the doc next week to see if I can start the process to get my Class I back. 8)
She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."-MARK TWAIN

GrowingOlderInRI
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older but Not UP
Favorite Boat Drink: Caribbean Slushie

Post by GrowingOlderInRI »

I'm growing older but not up.......no matter how much everyone wants me to.
Growing Older but not UP!

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I was born in Brooklyn and I'm a Mets fan so I thought LIPH was perfect. [smilie=shake.gif]
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Conolulu
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the beginning "Come Monday"
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything z-man makes..

Post by Conolulu »

alphabits wrote:Well since we've ruled dental hygiene out, I gotta go with the cotton candy commando.

I didn't read back all the pages.....

Did you explain "alphabits" and Mings and the whole thing? :lol:

I must have oldtimers disease... :roll: I don't remember..... :oops:

Prthd119
Diamond as Big as The Ritz

Post by Prthd119 »

alphabits wrote:Well, when I first signed up here I was that guy that posted before me.
Just my initials and last name - kinda bland and boring.
Folks here morphed that into all sorts of things .... BG used to call me Regis, some did "rsg" or geisty or worse.
And then there was Mings who could never quite get the letters in the right order.
He said it just looked like a bunch of random letters so he started calling me Alphabet.
Playing along with the theme, at some point I changed my avatar to an Alpha-bits box.
A few people expressed their affection for the cereal (including BEG I think) so I decided to make "alphabits" my BN name.
So now I am bits, alpha, abc's, letters, cereal boy and the all-encompassing "dumbass". :lol:

Never mind....I found it... :wink: :lol: :lol:

"I know it's a shabby old building but after all ain't we God's children
And Lord it's a good place for hangin' out .."

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 42

Post by aeroparrot »

Prthd119 wrote:
alphabits wrote:Well, when I first signed up here I was that guy that posted before me.
Folks here morphed that into all sorts of things .... BG used to call me Regis, some did "rsg" or geisty or worse.
And then there was Mings who could never quite get the letters in the right order.
He said it just looked like a bunch of random letters so he started calling me Alphabet.
Playing along with the theme, at some point I changed my avatar to an Alpha-bits box.
A few people expressed their affection for the cereal (including BEG I think) so I decided to make "alphabits" my BN name.
So now I am bits, alpha, abc's, letters, cereal boy and the all-encompassing "dumbass". :lol:

Who are you?
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze

Post by rich_big »

my name is Rich, I am a big guy (6'3, 240) and have been called Big Rich for years. that name is always taken when I sign up somewhere, so Rich Big seems to work. everyone thinks its a description of my finincial status and my weenie size, but its not.

rsgeist
Hoot!

Post by rsgeist »

Prthd119 wrote:

Thank goodness ... I would've hated to have to explain it all again. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Image ... yes, its true ... I am alphabits' evil twin

MIwreckdiver
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by MIwreckdiver »

rich_big wrote:my name is Rich, I am a big guy (6'3, 240) and have been called Big Rich for years. that name is always taken when I sign up somewhere, so Rich Big seems to work. everyone thinks its a description of my finincial status and my weenie size, but its not.
:o :o :o :o

MIwreckdiver
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by MIwreckdiver »

Mine is fairly self expanatory....I live in Michigan..MI and dive cold water wrecks there when I'm unable to feed my carribean soul in the tropics.

Conolulu
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the beginning "Come Monday"
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything z-man makes..

Post by Conolulu »

aeroparrot wrote:
Prthd119 wrote:

Who are you?

I know her.....She's ok.....Promise...!

:wink:

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

Somebody suggested I use the name "Deputy Donut," but I wanted it to be Buffett-themed.
Of course, that was back in the day BEFORE he became the Krispy Kreme magnate that he did. :lol:

Gulfbreeze
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Gulfbreeze »

Wino you know wrote:Somebody suggested I use the name "Deputy Donut," but I wanted it to be Buffett-themed.
Of course, that was back in the day BEFORE he became the Krispy Kreme magnate that he did. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I live on the Gulf...and the forecast is usually light Breeze, moderately Breezy, very Breezy, extremely Breezy, no Breeze, Breeze out of the NE, SW Breeze, PM sea Breeze's, gentle Breeze from the south, stiff NW Breeze, it ain't nothing but a... :lol: :lol:

So there ya go...

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

Gulfbreeze wrote: So there ya go...
So you're sayin' it can be breezy?? :P

Gulfbreeze
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Gulfbreeze »