Where's Your One Particular Harbor?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Missing B'dos wrote:Admiralty Bay, Bequia
Sanibel Island
Moonstone Beach, near Cambria CA
San Francisco Bay, when the fog comes in
Sandy Lane beach, Barbados
Crescent Beach, Laguna Beach CA
Long Island Sound, in summer
Any little bay around Door County, esp. Ephraim harbor
White Bay, Jost

favorites change with the reason and the season
Wow, what a list of harbours!!

I have wanted to go to Cambria since I read that parrothead book named Changes In Attitude by Kathleen Shaputis. Her description of Cambria sounded like a One Particular Harbour.
Missing B'dos
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: When the Coast is Clear...
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra Old, coke, sweet lime, slight ice

Post by Missing B'dos »

Otters, seals 10 feet away, sea jade, incredible sunsets, a dozen small hotels and two classic restaurants right across from beach,and a cliff walk. Up in the pines and hills a village full of art galleries, glass galleries, restaurants. No chain food or supermarkets if you can believe that, and yet it isn't a hick place. Just up the road is Hearst Castle and the elephant seals on the beaches near Piedras Blancas, and 100 miles of Big Sur; just down the road are ranches and Harmony Pottery, and Morro Bay with the giant rock, the real fishing fleets, more otters and sea lions, and lots of waterside fish restaurants. But the weather can be cold in the off season and too foggy. We've just been lucky with sun. It isn't "sunny" California. It 'feels' Up North, as if you were in Oregon or something, but it has the CA wines and flowers. The Pacific is too cold to be swimmable but you didn't expect that there did you? If you are a painter you would love it. Or if you love otters.
jimolliemom
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by jimolliemom »

Conolulu wrote:
Sailnekkid wrote:Amelia Island, Florida... I live in San Diego now but Fernandina Beach will ALWAYS be home. I miss the huge Live Oaks, I miss the white sandy beaches, I miss the miles and miles of rivers and marsh creeks, I miss the smell of the marsh on a summer night, I miss thunderstorms, and I miss the smell of the rain, and heat lightning. I could go back today...
"I want to go back to the island, Where the shrimp boats tie up to the pilin'. Give me oysters and beer for dinner ev'ry day of the year, And I'll feel fine, I'll feel fine."

I couldn't have said it any better......

I can see it...smell it...and feel the "smiling eyes that match the smiling faces" when I read this post.....

The Marina Restaurant....The Palace Saloon...Horseback Riding on the South End of the island......Halls Beach Store...

Thanks!!!!!!!

And Welcome to BuffettNews!! :D :D :D
Do you KNOW HOW CLOSE Amelia Island is to Jax Beach???? I LOVE Fernandina too...but South Jax Beach was home. Okay, I'm ophicially sad now and am missing home. :(
"Mommy, when is Jimmy Buffett coming to OUR house? We go see him ALL THE TIME??" (Actual quote from my 5 y/o keet)
Conolulu
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the beginning "Come Monday"
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything z-man makes..

Post by Conolulu »

I know , Jill...
I lived there a little over 20 yrs....Got to Jax Beach some...but when you live right on the beach...there's really no reason to go anywhere else..you know?

You probably stayed in Jax most of the time.... :wink:

and I've only been gone since the first week of January and I am soooooooo homesick..... :(

But I went home after the Orlando show..parked at Main Beach , and walked down to the tip of the island to where the River meets the Sea.... 8)
ColdWaterConch
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by ColdWaterConch »

Currently, Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica. Old school little harbor town with dirt roads, livestock that wanders around town, a stone aristrip next to the town cemetary, and an awesome little motel bar with fresh conch ceviche, cold Imperial beer, and great fishing stories.

http://www.govisitcostarica.com/region/city.asp?cID=273

...although I grew up smelling rotting seaweed, diesel fuel, and marine oil mixing with the salty air in Key West Bight, so its hard to say that isn't that particular harbor....
"Key West trades in on the name 'Hemingway." You can't take a leak without seeing Hemingway this and Hemingway that. And the irony is, if Hemingway were alive today he'd take a blowtorch to Duvall Street." Hiaasen
cdudley
I have found me a home

Post by cdudley »

I have quite a few, all for different reasons:

-Puerto Viejo, Coasta Rica. Worth the trip to the end of the road. A very unique mix of cultures here, I enjoy the flavor. Allthough Salsa Brava scares me on big days.

-Gregory Town, Eleuthera. Surfer Pete is a riot and I love the town, as well as monica's bakery. There is never a shortage of things to do in Eleuthera, I could live there forever.

-Dunmore Town- Off the coast of eleuthera. Beautiful town with, a "the way it used to be" feel. Although it is getting more touristy every year. Buffett used to play at gusty's from time to time and Ma 'Ruby's is one of Buffetts favorite burgers. (Per his top 10 from some years ago.)

-Boca Grande, FL-I love tarpon fishing and this is the epicenter of it all in June. A few great little bars and dinner at the Temp' is as good as it gets!

-Kenora, Ontario (on the shore of lake of the woods)
This is a great outpost town for some truely frontier areas. I love the adventure of setting of on a fishing trip from lake of the woods. this town has improved over the years and attracted some very interesting characters and seaplane pilots. not to mention lake of the woods is beautiful.

-lowcountry south carolina.
In my mind one of the most beautiful landscapes and beautaful cultures in the world. ironically there is a strong comparison in culture to the bahamas due to historic situations and, I think, is part of why i love the out islands

-Bronte Beach, Australia
I lived here while working in Sydney, it is much more of an urban beach than others I have lived in but I loved the quality of life, the food, and the beauty of the area. not to mention the great people. I could raise a family on that beach and would if I could work out the employment factor.
CoronaMargaritahead
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Swizzle / Mojito

Post by CoronaMargaritahead »

Mine would be in Grand Cayman, in a shack on the beach.. Ahh
007PARROTHEAD
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by 007PARROTHEAD »

Our summer house in South Haven, Mi.
I can sit on the beach watching the water for hours, whenever I hear OPH I think of the beautiful Lake Michigan sunsets.
captain strongo
Southeast of disorder

Post by captain strongo »

St. George Island, FLA (Bob Sikes Cut)
"Clear skies, I'm bound for Shanghai, sailing across the ocean blue..........so blue"
Sailnekkid

Post by Sailnekkid »

jimolliemom wrote:
Conolulu wrote:
Sailnekkid wrote:Amelia Island, Florida... I live in San Diego now but Fernandina Beach will ALWAYS be home. I miss the huge Live Oaks, I miss the white sandy beaches, I miss the miles and miles of rivers and marsh creeks, I miss the smell of the marsh on a summer night, I miss thunderstorms, and I miss the smell of the rain, and heat lightning. I could go back today...
"I want to go back to the island, Where the shrimp boats tie up to the pilin'. Give me oysters and beer for dinner ev'ry day of the year, And I'll feel fine, I'll feel fine."

I couldn't have said it any better......

I can see it...smell it...and feel the "smiling eyes that match the smiling faces" when I read this post.....

The Marina Restaurant....The Palace Saloon...Horseback Riding on the South End of the island......Halls Beach Store...

Thanks!!!!!!!

And Welcome to BuffettNews!! :D :D :D
Do you KNOW HOW CLOSE Amelia Island is to Jax Beach???? I LOVE Fernandina too...but South Jax Beach was home. Okay, I'm ophicially sad now and am missing home. :(

Hello jimolliemom and THANX!!! Great to be here. I've done alot of runnin around across the south A1A bridge, it's a fishing pier now, in the woods and beaches of the Talbot Islands and Huegnot Park across from Mayport. In all my running around in the Navy, 20 years and 21 countries later, I still think that whole area is one of the most beautiful, seriene places on earth... Interesting story about Jax Beach... while in High School me and a buddy stold the parents car one night after everybody was asleep and went on a pilgramage to find ROCK 105. It was too late for the ferry and that was pre-Dames Point Bridge so we had to go down and around on 17 to Atlantic Blvd. I'll never forget the address, 9090 Hogan Road...
Life is short, PLAY NEKKID!!!
baby
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Malibu

Post by baby »

Florida Keys!!!!
That MINE!!!! :D
Life is to short - so Kiss slowly, Laugh insanely,
Love truly and Forgive quickly
danielmorgan03
I have found me a home

Post by danielmorgan03 »

Where there is beer and JB playing. I have learned to chill out when I can.
If life is just a tire swing I hope the tire isn't a Firestone!