Question about Cincy tickets.....

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Pirate Lookin' at 40
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 0

Question about Cincy tickets.....

Post by Pirate Lookin' at 40 »

I am going to go to Cincy this year and it will be my 5 year old daughter's first Buffett show (she knows more Buffett than several people that I know who call themselves parrotheads). Because of this, I want to sit in the seating area instead of the lawn - plus the lawn sucks at Riverbend. How much do the reserved seats usually cost here and also what is usually the maximum number of reserved seat tickets that one person can buy?

Any info is appreciated - thanx.
"And when I die you can bury me beneath these Western Skies”

-Western Skies, Chris LeDoux 1948-2005

Rest in peace cowboy, a job well done.

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Re: Question about Cincy tickets.....

Post by RinglingRingling »

Pirate Lookin' at 40 wrote:I am going to go to Cincy this year and it will be my 5 year old daughter's first Buffett show (she knows more Buffett than several people that I know who call themselves parrotheads). Because of this, I want to sit in the seating area instead of the lawn - plus the lawn sucks at Riverbend. How much do the reserved seats usually cost here and also what is usually the maximum number of reserved seat tickets that one person can buy?

figure $150/seat, and 6-8 is usually the max for a venue

parrotpartygod
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks @ 40 Sarongs You Know By Heart
Location: Riding Shotgun With The Four Wenches Of The Apocalips

Post by parrotpartygod »

RinglingRingling wrote:
Pirate Lookin' at 40 wrote:I am going to go to Cincy this year and it will be my 5 year old daughter's first Buffett show (she knows more Buffett than several people that I know who call themselves parrotheads). Because of this, I want to sit in the seating area instead of the lawn - plus the lawn sucks at Riverbend. How much do the reserved seats usually cost here and also what is usually the maximum number of reserved seat tickets that one person can buy?

Ringling Brothels - The Greatest Peep Show On Earth
"He answered that nobody but himself and the Devil knew where it was, and the longest liver should take all." - as quoted by Edward "Blackbeard" Teach

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

parrotpartygod wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

Ringling Brothels - The Greatest Peep Show On Earth
well, it is cheaper than playing at the table...

Cincy'sOwnDrunk
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: hmmmmmm!
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Mich Ultra

Post by Cincy'sOwnDrunk »

Tickets are 126.00 + TM fees (parking free), but the tailgating is better across the street in the not so free lots. Max seats is 6. And I thought it was just me who thought the lawn at Riverbend was bad. I assumed it was bad everywhere though. In fact, Riverbend in general is not very good. TIMBERWOLF rocked!!!!!!!!

popcornjack
Changing Channels
Favorite Buffett Song: Biloxi
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: Dos Equis

Post by popcornjack »

Is it really that bad at Cincy on the lawn? My buddy and I were planning on roadtrippin out that way this summer, hit up Kings Island (first show I saw was at Columbia, MD and we did Kings Dominion, so it's kinda reuinion sort of thing) and catching the show obviously. So, from people who have been there, how bad is bad?
Take me for what I am, a star newly emerging.
I accept the new found man, and I set the twilight reeling.

Pirate Lookin' at 40
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Pirate Lookin' at 40 »

If you tried to design a stage so that the people in the lawn could not see....you could not do better than this. It sucks. I can't really afford $126 per ticket...so I probably won't go after all. I refuse to do the lawn at Riverbend. The tailgating there does rock though.
"And when I die you can bury me beneath these Western Skies”

-Western Skies, Chris LeDoux 1948-2005

Rest in peace cowboy, a job well done.

z-man
Here We Are

Post by z-man »

popcornjack wrote:Is it really that bad at Cincy on the lawn? My buddy and I were planning on roadtrippin out that way this summer, hit up Kings Island (first show I saw was at Columbia, MD and we did Kings Dominion, so it's kinda reuinion sort of thing) and catching the show obviously. So, from people who have been there, how bad is bad?
stay towards the center of the lawn and you will have no problem.
the sight lines are not great from the sides
Living my life...
One Tropical Day at a Time!

James William
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by James William »

I agree get in early!!!! the middle of the lawn fills up QUICK!!! If you don't get in the middle you might as well be in one of boats hanging out on the river behind the stage.
Order "Life on the Gulf"!!! Click below!!!

bucknutdet
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Riverbend Lawn

Post by bucknutdet »

No the lawn at Riverbend is great. The only drawbacks are you can't hear anything or see the show, other than that, fine. That and all the drunk college frat boys, p*** and puking all over the place.

Worst complaint about the lawn, SOUND is AWFUL!