Do you buy (extra) Buffett tickets to re-sell?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Do you buy (extra) Buffett tickets from TM to sell?

Yes, but I don't go to the show; I buy to re-sell them and make money
4%
Yes, I try to sell extras for a profit to help cover the cost of my tickets
12%
Yes, but I don't look for a profit, only face value and fees
27%
No, I buy just what I/we need
57%

Total votes: 90

rkoener
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Captain and the Kid
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain and Coke

Post by rkoener »

I got 50 tickets with the beer deck. However I sell them to friends and fellow parotheads for face+fees. I just like to put together a trip every year and this just makes it that much easier. I used to have to count on everyone getting their own tickets, this way I already have them. It is a risk paying for all of them up front, but I don't have any trouble selling all of them.

spartan1979
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: IPA

Post by spartan1979 »

I buy what I need, but I might buy tickets for Chicago and Cincy and decide later which show I want to go to. But I'm not looking to make a profit on the set I don't want, just get my money back.

Dezdmona
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went To Paris
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: PharmAde

Post by Dezdmona »

Generally NO. I buy only what I'm going to use.

But I did by extra to Houston this year because I was unfamiliar with the Stadium and wasn't sure of what I was getting.

I will be selling these to a FAN.
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then.
Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, Blog

MrTwain
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Right Now --> La Vie Dansante (It changes often)
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain Morgan & Coke

Post by MrTwain »

Dezdmona wrote:Generally NO. I buy only what I'm going to use.

But I did by extra to Houston this year because I was unfamiliar with the Stadium and wasn't sure of what I was getting.

I will be selling these to a FAN.
Best seats will be to the left of the stage.

That's because the big screen is to the right of the stage. Unless Jimmy brings his own additional giant screenage to the park, those in the right field sections won't be able to see any of the bigscreen video.

I never mind sitting in the way-high seats along the left-field wall, because the giant screen lets you see the game (in this case, the concert) really well.
There's no Dumbass Vaccine

Dezdmona
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went To Paris
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: PharmAde

Post by Dezdmona »

^^^Good, those are the ones I'm keeping.
I'll be selling the Floor seats, because I'm...well...undertall. :oops:
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then.
Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, Blog

lati2d
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 32
Favorite Boat Drink: Used to be Cape Codder

Post by lati2d »

SMLCHNG wrote:
LIPH wrote:I buy what I need.
Me too.
Yep - me also.
" I don't want to burn in hell; I just want to be lightly browned."

Kent

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 42

Post by aeroparrot »

I will buy extra for my friends but only will charge for face value and fees.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

Glorfindel7
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer, but I also like Margaritas :)

Post by Glorfindel7 »

RinglingRingling wrote:I have been known to pick up a couple extra in case friends got shut out.
You know, I wonder if THIS is why so many tickets are released back to the general public a few weeks before the show? (Certain people who buy MORE than they need find out that the people they have bought them for have already got some? :o :o :o )

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Quiet and Shy wrote:
surfpirate wrote:(and honestly, do you expect many people to post here admitting that they subsidize their Buffett fix by reselling their tickets?)
That's why I did a poll...the votes are anonymous (although I wouldn't be surprised if phjim could look them up if he chose to do so). And if people want to post and share beyond their vote, that's great...but not required. :)
People here at BN are part of a community, and will tend to look out for one another. That's part of what makes this special. That's not necessarily true of the greater ticket buying public.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

IrishPirate
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

[quote="surfpirate"]

I used to get tickets for my friends, when occasionally some of them would join me on my overnight camp outs in the cold for tickets. But too many of them began expecting their seats as if it was their right and my responsibility to get them every year.

How & why does that happen? :x Or when they do get their own, they can only get 4 & they promise the tix to their friends who never went before and they're in the 5th row center stage :evil: :evil: :evil: Is the tailgate on you too?

Big Jimmy
User banned 30 days
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Big Jimmy »

I have no problem admitting that I do try to get extras to sell for a profit.

My theory on this is simple. I busted my ass to get the tickets. Either by taking a day off work to get them by standing in COLD weather, or whatever the case may be.

You the person who decided to sleep in thinks that they should get tickets for face value.

I say-- You snooze you lose, you want to go, you gotta pay a premium, because I did all the leg work.

Over charging is not immoral. Just look at what you pay for a beer at the venues. Your paying 8/9 bucks for a tap beer of REAL CRAP BEER. What should cost you AT MOST 3 bucks, your paying 3 times that, and its even watered down more.

I AM AN AMERICAN
USA COMES FIRST
THE REST COME LAST

LEARN IT
LOVE IT
LONG LIVE THE USA OR DIE

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman »

I don't know if I buy what I need, but I buy what I want. :lol:

Several times now I have been able get better seats the last week before the show than on the first day of sale. Didn't really NEED those seats.

Always WAS able to sell the worse seats in the parking lot before the show, but they always sold at a loss.
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

For Jimmy??? No..

for others?? hey I gotta pay for my Fun Tickets somewhere..
8) 8) :lol:

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Big Jimmy wrote:I have no problem admitting that I do try to get extras to sell for a profit.

My theory on this is simple. I busted my ass to get the tickets. Either by taking a day off work to get them by standing in COLD weather, or whatever the case may be.

You the person who decided to sleep in thinks that they should get tickets for face value.

I say-- You snooze you lose, you want to go, you gotta pay a premium, because I did all the leg work.
You are not alone. I've got your back. :D I've sold tickets for a profit to Jimmy Buffett and to other artists. I've also given tickets away for free. Depends on the situations and the individuals.

Last year at Nissan two women with more cleavage and money than courtesy and common sense began flashing 100 dollar bills (and flashing boobs) and offering hundreds of dollars to buy themselves from the 3rd row center into the first row. These two woman were sporting manicures and jewelry that clearly said they could afford it. Eventually they were successful and were in the front row after intermission.

Now to carry further the logic I'm reading in these posts, the people who gave up their front row seats for several hundred dollars should have instead given up their seats for "face value" to real fans. What? Aren't they also real fans? Are the Potomac Processes not real fans? And at a point, the people who sold their front row seats to the Potomac Princesses became real fans who decided watching the show from the 3rd row instead of the 1st row was worth the $500 pocket money each. :D :D
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

Gulfbreeze
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 8

Re: Do you buy (extra) Buffett tickets to re-sell?

Post by Gulfbreeze »

Quiet and Shy wrote:We know ticket buying time is a frenzy. And since we have to plan so far ahead getting numbers right can sometimes be a challenge...but I'm curious how people generally approach this.

When TM puts Buffett tickets on sale, if you are lucky enough to get through, do you buy just what you need or do you buy extras to sell? For example, if you need 2 do you buy 4 and put the extra pair up for sale on eBay, BN (or wherever)?
There are a few of us that are happy you "over-bought" for the Chicago concert... :wink:

Big Jimmy
User banned 30 days

Post by Big Jimmy »

surfpirate wrote:
Big Jimmy wrote:I have no problem admitting that I do try to get extras to sell for a profit.

You are not alone. I've got your back. :D I've sold tickets for a profit to Jimmy Buffett and to other artists. I've also given tickets away for free. Depends on the situations and the individuals.

Last year at Nissan two women with more cleavage and money than courtesy and common sense began flashing 100 dollar bills (and flashing boobs) and offering hundreds of dollars to buy themselves from the 3rd row center into the first row. These two woman were sporting manicures and jewelry that clearly said they could afford it. Eventually they were successful and were in the front row after intermission.

Now to carry further the logic I'm reading in these posts, the people who gave up their front row seats for several hundred dollars should have instead given up their seats for "face value" to real fans. What? Aren't they also real fans? Are the Potomac Processes not real fans? And at a point, the people who sold their front row seats to the Potomac Princesses became real fans who decided watching the show from the 3rd row instead of the 1st row was worth the $500 pocket money each. :D :D

I hear ya on that, once we GAVE--- Yes so all you who say im bad-- Eat me on this. Gave a pair away at the Indy show bout 4 years ago. Never once did said people offer us tickets to a show where they were from. One offered us a place to stay, which is cool.... but Ya know Im not even gonna go there anymore.

I AM AN AMERICAN
USA COMES FIRST
THE REST COME LAST

LEARN IT
LOVE IT
LONG LIVE THE USA OR DIE

nolestaylor
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: son of a sailor
Favorite Boat Drink: cold beer and a shot

Post by nolestaylor »

:pirate: i just buy what i need, first. then if lucky enough to get extras, will sell them but not for profit!!!

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

Over charging is not immoral. Just look at what you pay for a beer at the venues. Your paying 8/9 bucks for a tap beer of REAL CRAP BEER. What should cost you AT MOST 3 bucks, your paying 3 times that, and its even watered down more.
Although I'd never pay more than face value (with the rare exception of maybe an extra $20.00 or so if it's somebody I know), your statements definately makes sense to me. If someone is WILLING to pay you a huge profit, and THEY don't have a problem with it, then God Bless you both.

The only part of your post I disagree with is the last part-I've been to over 30 Jimmy Buffett concerts, and there is NO WAY IN HELL I would ever purchase ANY beer inside ANY venue for over $3.00. Never have, never will.
I'll drink before and after the concert IN THE PARKING LOT. I'd never give a dime to the blood suckers in the venue.

CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 39
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

I rarely know exactly how many people will be in our group, so I just buy as many as I can.

If I have extras, they are sold ONLY for face + fees. I also offer them up to people I know first....BNers in particular.

pojo
Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by pojo »

I buy what I use.