A Big Gripe

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

Tropic_Al wrote:
LIPH wrote:Another thing to keep in mind, he's only played Mohegan Sun the last 2 years and it's a small venue, 10,000-11,000 capacity. He hasn't played Jones Beach 2 years in a row since 1997/98 and that's a relatively small venue too, it only seats 14,000. Last year's Madison Square Garden show was the first since 2001. I can't remembver the last time he played the Garden State Arts Center (or whatever it's called now) in NJ. A lot of years the 2 Great Woods shows are the only northeast shows.
Garden State Arts Center is now the PNC Bank Arts Center in beautiful Holmdel NJ. 1998 was his last year here. He's neglecting us too :(
those were great concerts!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain

HTparrothead
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by HTparrothead »

again, there is nowhere in the south for him to play even if he wanted to(im talking about outdoors). Mississippi and Alabama have nothing for him. Atlanta and Nashville are closed. Louisiana only has Jazzfest once a year, and Florida isn't the south. So even prior to this year when he wanted to play at "home" in the south he could play Atlanta and Nashville. So why wouldnt he play in the Northeast? It's not because he likes yall better, it's where the money and people are, but more importantly, it's where the venues are.
Fall semester in a Southern college town has little to do with studying and more to do with football and fraternity rush. I didn't know much about the football team. Hell at that time I was really an Ole Miss fan and to this day I still cant figure out why I didn’t enroll at the U of Mississippi-JB

HTparrothead
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by HTparrothead »

Triathlete-Parakeet2 wrote:He told us... he wants his flip flops in Dixie (florida doesnt count) and his head in the COOL blue NORTH. And as i recall him saying in the 60 minutes interview, he said that his largest selling braches are NE and New York.
actually jesse winchester told you that, JB had nothing to do with it.
Fall semester in a Southern college town has little to do with studying and more to do with football and fraternity rush. I didn't know much about the football team. Hell at that time I was really an Ole Miss fan and to this day I still cant figure out why I didn’t enroll at the U of Mississippi-JB

Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Quiet and Shy »

parrothead216 wrote:
Quiet and Shy wrote:
parrothead216 wrote: Just a thought. Of course, I never see them photographed together!
Apparently, Jane prefers to stay "behind the scenes" re. Jimmy's career and celebrity.
Alison, I wasn't making anything other then an observation!
No problem :D ...I was just sharing what Jimmy's said in interviews. :wink:
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far