A Big Gripe

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

parrothead216
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4451
Joined: September 4, 2004 7:58 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Location: the NORTH COASTof Margaritaville /Ohio

Post by parrothead216 »

spartan1979 wrote:It always bothered me when he'd play two shows in Cincy, Indy and Chicago and not go to St. Louis. Half the people at theses shows are there both nights, why not spread it out more? But he's not doing two shows much anymore.
Your right, don't go to Cincy where the whole parrot head phenomenon started! :roll: :roll:

He should do more shows in Ohio, he sold out his shows here before anywhere else!
BUFFETTING: The act of leaving reality and going off to see Jimmy Buffett!

Mr. Webster, we have a NEW definition!

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8899
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Post by drunkpirate66 »

parrothead216 wrote:
spartan1979 wrote:It always bothered me when he'd play two shows in Cincy, Indy and Chicago and not go to St. Louis. Half the people at theses shows are there both nights, why not spread it out more? But he's not doing two shows much anymore.
Your right, don't go to Cincy where the whole parrot head phenomenon started! :roll: :roll:

He should do more shows in Ohio, he sold out his shows here before anywhere else!
apparently there are better fishing spots and baseball towns.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3872
Joined: January 22, 2007 12:05 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Northeast

Post by Migration Michelle »

I think its quite simple...

It sucks to live in the Northeast and he feels sorry for them!

Ask me, I lived there for 37 years and left!

Like he's been known to say..."I should be leaving this climate..."

Spinniker
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 63
Joined: April 14, 2004 11:03 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Washington ( Left coast)

Post by Spinniker »

EVERYONE one Eastcoast knows the US stops at the Mississippi, just watch the weatherguys. They pinpoint the weather in Dolgville, NY down to what time the fifteenth rain drop will fall....but when they get on the West side of the mighty Miss? Yah, some kind of cloud stuff over the West, a new system kind of over here doing something, but on Thursday that system will bring snow to Dolgille, NY BOY you had better bundle up @ 5:18 when it hits.

Da*m East coast bias
I see a flying boat and I get a lump in my throat

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 72668
Joined: June 17, 2005 7:36 am
Number of Concerts: 42
Location: Just like living in Paradise
Contact:

Post by aeroparrot »

Spinniker wrote:EVERYONE one Eastcoast knows the US stops at the Mississippi, just watch the weatherguys. They pinpoint the weather in Dolgville, NY down to what time the fifteenth rain drop will fall....but when they get on the West side of the mighty Miss? Yah, some kind of cloud stuff over the West, a new system kind of over here doing something, but on Thursday that system will bring snow to Dolgille, NY BOY you had better bundle up @ 5:18 when it hits.

Da*m East coast bias
Wait, there is land after the Mississippi?
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

Image

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Posts: 39119
Joined: December 18, 2001 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

MrTwain wrote:
Down around Biloxi wrote:I beg to differ, television markets are based on population..

The Top 10 Television Markets


Rank Market TV Homes % Cov. LPM Date
1. New York 7,282,320 6.829 2004

2. Los Angeles 5,318,040 4.987 2004

3. Chicago 3,351,330 3.143 2004

4. Philadelphia 2,830,470 2.654 2005

5. San Francisco 2,436,220 2.284 2004

6. Boston 2,353,500 2.207 2002

7. Dallas-Ft. Worth 2,195,540 2.059 2005

8. Washington, DC 2,169,230 2.034 2005

9. Atlanta 1,971,180 1.848 2006

10. Detroit 1,899,910 1.782 2005

For out of ten on the east coast!
I beg to differ. Television markets are not based on population. I am in media production. I just got through producing a commercial this morning. Houston, TX is the 4th largest city in the US, but our TV market doesn't even make the top 10. In population, our metro area dwarfs Atlanta, Detroit, and Philadelphia. But our media market is lackluster. As a result I can run tv spots on Oprah in the afternoon for 1/2 the rate as I can run on Oprah in San Francisco.


Yep I also Beg To Differ.. If I understand it right there is a mix of things
that makeup the "Market Size"

blowinupinmissoula
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 279
Joined: December 1, 2006 11:23 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: missoula....waiting for jimmy

Post by blowinupinmissoula »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
LIPH wrote:He likes us better.
Jimmy spends alot of time out here in Nantucket and the Vineyard. Alot. Look at half the letters he writes fan like in Salty Piece of Land or the current Coconut Telegraph . . . he signs them from the Vineyard or Cape Cod or Nantucket or off the coast of Maine. He knows the people here. We know him. There is a great sailing and beach culture out here. So, yeah, hate to say it - but he does like us better. Move.
seems like the typical smug east coaster comment to me. i can understand the sailing and beach culture, but the other coast has one just as strong. also its not hustle bustle out in the west, much more island time. i think you make a good point, it just seems like a pretty childish way of putting it. i think its remarks like these that keep me AWAY from the eastern part of the country :roll:
If I had it all to do over again, I'd just get myself drunk and I'd jump right back in...

Spinniker
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 63
Joined: April 14, 2004 11:03 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Washington ( Left coast)

Post by Spinniker »

To quote Jim Morison:

The west is the best
Get here, and well do the rest...


We DON'T have a sailing culture in the NorthWest ?
I see a flying boat and I get a lump in my throat

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Posts: 76386
Joined: January 11, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Wherever the Music is Playing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Spinniker wrote:We DON'T have a sailing culture in the NorthWest ?
sure you do, but for whatever reason, JB seems to prefer to spend much of his summertime in the Northeast. nothing more than personal preference on his part, I figure....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 175911
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Post by SMLCHNG »

IMVHO - folks east of the Mississippi, and the CA coast are the lucky ones with shows, and everyone should remember that. ;) West of the Mississippi to CA, don't get visited often, nor do we get CIP's or M'Villes..

parrothead216
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4451
Joined: September 4, 2004 7:58 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Location: the NORTH COASTof Margaritaville /Ohio

Post by parrothead216 »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Spinniker wrote:We DON'T have a sailing culture in the NorthWest ?
sure you do, but for whatever reason, JB seems to prefer to spend much of his summertime in the Northeast. nothing more than personal preference on his part, I figure....
Does anyone think that maybe Jane is in around Manhattan and LI in the warm weather months.

Just a thought. Of course, I never see them photographed together!


Just maybe an occassional Charity Benefit!
BUFFETTING: The act of leaving reality and going off to see Jimmy Buffett!

Mr. Webster, we have a NEW definition!

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 64660
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Northeast

Post by LIPH »

Migration Michelle wrote:I think its quite simple...

It sucks to live in the Northeast and he feels sorry for them!

Ask me, I lived there for 37 years and left!

Like he's been known to say..."I should be leaving this climate..."
It only sucks to live in the northeast if you let it s***.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 64660
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

blowinupinmissoula wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
LIPH wrote:He likes us better.
Jimmy spends alot of time out here in Nantucket and the Vineyard. Alot. Look at half the letters he writes fan like in Salty Piece of Land or the current Coconut Telegraph . . . he signs them from the Vineyard or Cape Cod or Nantucket or off the coast of Maine. He knows the people here. We know him. There is a great sailing and beach culture out here. So, yeah, hate to say it - but he does like us better. Move.
seems like the typical smug east coaster comment to me. i can understand the sailing and beach culture, but the other coast has one just as strong. also its not hustle bustle out in the west, much more island time. i think you make a good point, it just seems like a pretty childish way of putting it. i think its remarks like these that keep me AWAY from the eastern part of the country :roll:
Just as well, it's already too crowded here. We don't need another tourist who can't figure out how to use a revolving door. :lol: (that was a joke for the thin-skinned among us)
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

12vmanRick
Here We Are
Posts: 9708
Joined: July 16, 2003 11:46 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum
Location: Crazy is becoming my new norm
Contact:

Post by 12vmanRick »

wow BN has become the "b**** at Jimmy zone"

again this applies.. shut the ***** up if you don't like it, many people drive hours and hours or fly wherever it takes to see Jimmy and pay whatever he asks and if you aren't willing, GREAT, we'll buy your seat but again just shut the ***** up.

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Posts: 39119
Joined: December 18, 2001 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

12vmanRick wrote:wow BN has become the "b**** at Jimmy zone"

again this applies.. shut the f*** up if you don't like it, many people drive hours and hours or fly wherever it takes to see Jimmy and pay whatever he asks and if you aren't willing, GREAT, we'll buy your seat but again just shut the f*** up.

:lol: HMMM Boise To Atlanta To Newark by Air
and then From Joisey to Great Woods in an RV..

anyone you know?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 175911
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Post by SMLCHNG »

12vmanRick wrote:wow BN has become the "b**** at Jimmy zone"
Actually Rick, this happens every year when concerts are announced. ;)

12vmanRick
Here We Are
Posts: 9708
Joined: July 16, 2003 11:46 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum
Location: Crazy is becoming my new norm
Contact:

Post by 12vmanRick »

SMLCHNG wrote:
12vmanRick wrote:wow BN has become the "b**** at Jimmy zone"
Actually Rick, this happens every year when concerts are announced. ;)
yea I know but I was just in the mood ya know

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 175911
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Post by SMLCHNG »

12vmanRick wrote: yea I know but I was just in the mood ya know
Yeah, I know. ;) Hope the move went well?

12vmanRick
Here We Are
Posts: 9708
Joined: July 16, 2003 11:46 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum
Location: Crazy is becoming my new norm
Contact:

Post by 12vmanRick »

SMLCHNG wrote:
12vmanRick wrote: yea I know but I was just in the mood ya know
Yeah, I know. ;) Hope the move went well?
Do you have a few hours?

NO move yet

BUT

WE FINALLY closed on the new house today
and Tuesday we go to Barcelona for a week and then come back and move

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 175911
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Post by SMLCHNG »

12vmanRick wrote:NO move yet
BUT
WE FINALLY closed on the new house today
and Tuesday we go to Barcelona for a week and then come back and move
Well ... good and good and good luck!! :)

Post Reply