Please Help With Songs

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

BDery2906
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Please Help With Songs

Post by BDery2906 »

Hello everyone!

Earlier I had posted about needing to find out Jimmy's rare songs. From what I have and not I feel below is missing from my collection. It would be greatly appreciated if you could direct me as to where I can get these on to load onto my iPod.

Abandoned On Tuesday
Beautiful Swimmers
Buttermilk Grove
Don't Bring Me Candy
Green Flash At Sunset
Peddlers and Pushers
Such A Long Haul For Such A Short Fall
Train To Dixieland
We're In The Same Boat
Asking Us To Dance
Columbus
10,000 Seats and One Bathroom (Not sure if this is an actual Buffett song or a cover he did) Please advise.

I would prefer these if intact in their original recording and not live.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Beautiful Swimmers, Asking Us To Dance and Columbus are all on the Far Side Of The World demo, I don't know if it's online anywhere.

As far as I know he never recorded We're In The Same Boat, only did it live once or twice. He didn't write it either. He might have tweaked the lyrics in a verse or two but it was written by a guy named Don Henry.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
BDery2906
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by BDery2906 »

Accoridng to the database here, "We're In The Same Boat" was cut from "Fruitcakes".
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

Regarding these songs:

Abandoned On Tuesday
Don't Bring Me Candy
Beautiful Swimmers
Buttermilk Grove
Don't Bring Me Candy
Green Flash At Sunset
Peddlers and Pushers
Such A Long Haul For Such A Short Fall
Train To Dixieland
We're In The Same Boat
Asking Us To Dance
Columbus
10,000 Seats and One Bathroom (Not sure if this is an actual Buffett song or a cover he did) Please advise.

Abandon on Tuesday and Don't Bring Me are from Jimmy's 1st 45

Buttermilk Grove, Peddlers and Pushers, Such A Long Haul For Such A Short Fall, and one more called Reservation at the Preservation Hall are only available recorded live from the early 70's

Beautiful Swimmers, Asking Us To Dance, Columbus and a demo version of Farside of the World were cut from that same album all four are only available as acoustic demo recordings.

Train To Dixieland, Please Taken your Dunken 15 year old girlfriend Home, as well as alternate versions of Kick it in Second Wind, and Wonder Why you ever go home were released on early demo versions of Havana DayDreamin. All four are studio recordings.

10,000 Seats and One Bathroom was preformed live one time on July 6, 1997 at Lakewood Amphitheatre - Atlanta, GA no studio recording exists not sure if recording of concert exists

We're In The Same Boat was originally intendid for inclusion on Fruitcakes but Jimmy changed his mind. To date it as only been played live once in 1993 and again in 1997. Recordings of the 1997 preformance do exist

hope this helps

:)
BDery2906
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by BDery2906 »

It does indeed!!!

I'm so anal for my Bubba library.

I already have "Abandoned On Tuesday". Found it on Limewire.

I still need to find for download:

Don't Bring Me Candy
Green Flash At Sunset
Train To Dixieland
Asking Us to Dance
Columbus

Someone please PM me if you hae it or please be so kind as to direct me to where I can download those files.

Also, what is this Green Flash At Sunset? It says it is from the DSTC album and I have it and don't recall it on there.

thanks!!!!
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Green Flash At Sunset is a bonus accoustic video on the DSTC cd.

As for the others:

Don't Bring Me Candy
Train To Dixieland
Asking Us to Dance
Columbus

I have all of these
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

BDery2906 wrote:It does indeed!!!

I'm so anal for my Bubba library.

I already have "Abandoned On Tuesday". Found it on Limewire.

I still need to find for download:

Don't Bring Me Candy
Green Flash At Sunset
Train To Dixieland
Asking Us to Dance
Columbus

Someone please PM me if you hae it or please be so kind as to direct me to where I can download those files.

Also, what is this Green Flash At Sunset? It says it is from the DSTC album and I have it and don't recall it on there.

thanks!!!!
Go here http://www.jimmydreamz.com/audio.html and click on Jimmy Buffett - Lost Treasures. You should be able to find some of them in there. I don't think you can download anything from the site but you should be able to record anything you need that's up there.

Green Flash At Sunset is really short, less than a minute.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

urlcenter wrote: Train To Dixieland, Please Taken your Dunken 15 year old girlfriend Home, as well as alternate versions of Kick it in Second Wind, and Wonder Why you ever go home were released on early demo versions of Havana DayDreamin. All four are studio recordings.
I bought that record off of ebay a couple of years ago for about $20.
It's called "Kick it in Second Wind". Havana Daydreamin is not even on it.

I transfered the songs to cd and the quality is pretty good, especially when compared to the slower and low sound quality versions I've heard online.

Please Take Your Drunken Fifteen Year Old Girlfriend Home:
http://rapidshare.com/files/33044638/Ji ... e.mp3.html

Train To Dixieland:
http://rapidshare.com/files/33045213/Ji ... _.mp3.html

Kick It In Second Wind:
http://rapidshare.com/files/33045501/Ji ... _.mp3.html

Wonder Why We Ever Go Home:
http://rapidshare.com/files/33045898/Ji ... _.mp3.html
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"
BDery2906
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by BDery2906 »

thank you everyone for your help.

I am almost there. I got all that I feel is a complete collection except for one song. An old one.

"Don't Bring Me Candy"

I tried logging onto the FTP site, but kept getting an error message.

If anyone could upload this song in a .mp3 format like sonofabeach did for me, that would be so greatly appreciated.

Just to shed some light on what I am doing. I own a not for profit production company in Tampa, Triple Knot Productions, Inc and I make films on people with disabilities. This is a very close subject to me since I was once paralyzed.

I am 32 and will be busting my @ss for the next 5-10 years in this business that I have been in since '98 and will retire from it and open up my dive charter and tiki bar in South Florida, maybe somewhere in the Caribbean. So....I want it to play nothing but Buffett songs. I know, I know. Not really original, but first drinks are always on the house if you are a new customer and if you dive with us and your diving is done for the day, first drink is on the house.

Anyway, feel free to check out my site if you are interested in learning more about the types of films I do, www.tripleknotproductions.org

Thanks!

And please don't forget someone help me out by helping me with that last rare song.

Thank you!!!!
phjim
BN Webmaster
BN Webmaster
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita

Post by phjim »

The song Columbus was posted here on BN
http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53095
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

I bought that record off of ebay a couple of years ago for about $20.
It's called "Kick it in Second Wind". Havana Daydreamin is not even on it.

Kick it In Second Wind is an alternate release of Havana Day Dreamin read on:

Original Vinyl Information: ABCD-914, ABC/Dunhill Records. Gatefold with notes and photos. Orange ABC label, green ABC Records sleeve with white stripes and ABC Records between each white stripe - two rare versions of this album are rumored to exist. One contains the songs "Please Take Your Drunken 15 Year Old Girlfriend Home," and "Train to Dixieland," and the other version contains the song "We've Been Taken to the Cleaners (and I Already Had my Shirts Done)." Another variation exists: ABCD-914a. It does not contain "Woman going Crazy on Caroline Street" instead it has " Kick It In, Second Wind" first song, side a. The last song on side a is "Please Take Your Drunken 15 Year Old Girlfriend Home," not "Defying Gravity." "Train To Dixieland" nor "We've Been Taken to the Cleaners." .
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

"I bought that record off of ebay a couple of years ago for about $20.
It's called "Kick it in Second Wind". Havana Daydreamin is not even on it."

Kick it In Second Wind is an alternate release of Havana Day Dreamin read on:

Original Vinyl Information: ABCD-914, ABC/Dunhill Records. Gatefold with notes and photos. Orange ABC label, green ABC Records sleeve with white stripes and ABC Records between each white stripe - two rare versions of this album are rumored to exist. One contains the songs "Please Take Your Drunken 15 Year Old Girlfriend Home," and "Train to Dixieland," and the other version contains the song "We've Been Taken to the Cleaners (and I Already Had my Shirts Done)." Another variation exists: ABCD-914a. It does not contain "Woman going Crazy on Caroline Street" instead it has " Kick It In, Second Wind" first song, side a. The last song on side a is "Please Take Your Drunken 15 Year Old Girlfriend Home," not "Defying Gravity." "Train To Dixieland" nor "We've Been Taken to the Cleaners." .
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Sp sorry for the double post
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

BDery2906 wrote:thank you everyone for your help.

I am almost there. I got all that I feel is a complete collection except for one song. An old one.

"Don't Bring Me Candy"
That's in The Vault on CoB,O.
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
BDery2906
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by BDery2906 »

Cool, can you provide a link to the Vault?

I tried finding it and, no luck.
palmettoparrots
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 62
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Re: Please Help With Songs

Post by palmettoparrots »

My wife was the one who requested "10,000 Seats and 1 Bathroom" be played during Stumpo El Bando in Atlanta 1997.

We have the video recording from her time on stage (about 5 songs) including Fingers performing the song. If anyone is interested, I can type up the lyrics and perhaps share a MP3 of the recording. I don't think Buffett would sue us after nearly 22 years. :D
"Where Fine Rum Is Revered And Cocktail Creation Is An Art"
- TheRumTrader.com
supnat1
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 77

Post by supnat1 »

Crazy I was just looking for how tailgate was going to be in Atlanta and came across your post. I was the other guy up on stage with your wife that requested Dreamsicle. That's so crazy. Hope all is well. Are you guys going to tailgate tomorrow? If so we should meet up 22yrs later. I'm coming up from Florida.
Take Care,
Dave
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

Don’t bring me candy is on the Buried Treasure album. Plus there is a live version from last years Paris show in the concert trading area.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays