TagAlong (david) Needs an Explanation

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MacPhin
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything BUT Cheeseburger
Favorite Boat Drink: PainKiller

TagAlong (david) Needs an Explanation

Post by MacPhin »

from Bubba why he has snubbed MOTM by scheduling 2 concerts during MOTM. This scheduling has really gotten his panties in a bind...up his butt. he looks at it as a total snub on all us ph's and the clubs. so much so that he is re-evaluating all future concerts and such. it's not as if jb doesn't know when MOTM takes place... this was to be our first MOTM. Now we don't know what to do.
i know that this point has been brought up previously but i thought i'd just, mention it here since he's so annoyed and he really would like an explaination from THE MAN (like he's really going to get one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ).
so ...we know you read this...what were you thinking????????????????????
Image Image
JB on Anguilla 3/24/07 St.Barth's 11/7/09

Lately,newspaper mentioned cheap airfare.
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere.
I'm close to bodily harm.
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Hoping that JB and the CRB will come down to MOTM on the Friday between the Tampa concerts. :D

Debbie
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

I can't offer an explanation, but what I *can* say is COME TO MOTM ANYWAY!!

Even without the Reefers ( :( ) there's LOADS of great music!!! :D :D From about 9:00AM to 2:00AM the following day, it's non-stop, either at the Casa or in Old Town....

And there's US, your fellow PH's/music lovers/lunatics..... 8)

(Besides, how are we going to stake out the front row of streetfest without you?? :o :P )
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

The explanation: (from an observer)

HK Management (the folks who manage tours) does not care about PHIP, nor do they really understand that the folks who attend MOTM are the ones who are not Yellow Album fans. They see short-term. They knew about the reason for the Reefers not being allowed to play gigs that week long before the announcement of the concerts, and did not feel the need to share that with us. It truely is an "Overkill" situation.

Does this let Jimmy off the hook? No. I am sure he has some contractual obligation to them, but I am also pretty sure that he could have vetoed the idea of two dates in Tampa during that week. (it is not like the Ford is booked solid 7/24/365) and other dates (especially 2) were not open when they started the discussion of concerts there.

It does feel like a thumb in the eye to the fans who were there before his big surge in popularity, post-Alan Jackson duet. Did I get to see him in 2004? yes. Do I expect him to show up anytime during MOTM? no. Do I think that the way this was handled is complete and utter horse$hit? yes. Is this going to affect my urge to throw money into the Jimmy Buffett Marketing Machine? yes. It will.

Ringling, a Stage 10 Parrothead- disillusioned and disgusted at the opacity, realistic enough to know that my opinion and $1.25 will get Jimmy coffee in Dubuque.
Gulfbreeze
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by Gulfbreeze »

JB doesn't owe anyone an explanation as to what he does IMHO...sorry.

If the timing is/was bad for some, as they say..."That's life"...

I hate to be so abrupt...but in the big picture...there are a few more important things in life to be concerned with.

2 cents...done.
creeky
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: non drinker ;o)

Post by creeky »

MOTM is about parrot heads gathering - it is not a given that Buffett will be there- he has no obligation to go.

MOTM was born by parrotheads deciding to gather together. Buffett has turned up on some years - but not all.

It is about the LIFESTYLE ..... if you want to be guaranteed to see Jimmy Buffett - then Tampa would be a better option than MOTM ...

for me - someone who never gets to see him as I live in another country - I will take the people any day at MOTM over a concert!
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

creeky wrote:MOTM is about parrot heads gathering - it is not a given that Buffett will be there- he has no obligation to go.

MOTM was born by parrotheads deciding to gather together. Buffett has turned up on some years - but not all.

It is about the LIFESTYLE ..... if you want to be guaranteed to see Jimmy Buffett - then Tampa would be a better option than MOTM ...

for me - someone who never gets to see him as I live in another country - I will take the people any day at MOTM over a concert!
Most of the MOTM discussion has been not about JB showing up in KW, but about the CRB members not being able to play MOTM.....

I have never counted on JB showing up. It's fun when he does, but not expected or even hoped for. But the CRB members unable to play *their* shows definitely changes the flavor of MOTM.....

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
creeky
Last Man Standing

Post by creeky »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
creeky wrote:MOTM is about parrot heads gathering - it is not a given that Buffett will be there- he has no obligation to go.

Most of the MOTM discussion has been not about JB showing up in KW, but about the CRB members not being able to play MOTM.....

I have never counted on JB showing up. It's fun when he does, but not expected or even hoped for. But the CRB members unable to play *their* shows definitely changes the flavor of MOTM.....
I guess that is for some - but the CRB music I have heard is not "tropical" or JB like - not something I am overly fussed on - so it doesnt bother me too much - I admit I like to look at Peter Mayer though :wench:
Gulfbreeze
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by Gulfbreeze »

Nicely stated Creeks...thank you. :wink:
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

Gulfbreeze wrote:JB doesn't owe anyone an explanation as to what he does IMHO...sorry.

I hate to be so abrupt...but in the big picture...there are a few more important things in life to be concerned with.

2 cents...done.
Well said Breeze! 8)
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain
creeky
Last Man Standing

Post by creeky »

Realistically, Buffett scheduling a concert during MOTM is no different to him scheduling one during Stars on the WAter etc - just on a grander scale of how many people are going to the events.

PHIP who does MOTM is not part of Jimmy's organisation.

I admit - I would rather he turn up - but that's life - s*** happens ....

And for those that think he will - the word on the PHIP club leader list is dont bet on it ....
creeky
Last Man Standing

Post by creeky »

flipflopgirl wrote:
Gulfbreeze wrote:JB doesn't owe anyone an explanation as to what he does IMHO...sorry.

2 cents...done.
Well said Breeze! 8)
Are you going?
photogal
I Love the Now!
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice

Post by photogal »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:

Well said Jen....Its about members of the band doing their own thing...could care less is Jimmy shows... he KNOWS we like to see the other memebers do their own thing.

YES...it is a slap in the face for true parrotheads....a thumb in the eye!
It was a place for the band to showcase themselves!!
AND everyone know the f**** dates of MOTM!!!!!!!!!!
I do not cut him any slack on this at all!!! :evil:
For god sake, 3000 people get together and it usually is nice to see the CRB or any part of it at the convention.
I think it is just mean to make it hard for the band to show up........
just mean and hartless......... :(

grrrrrrr..........
Believe, Be Light, Be Love.........p.mayer
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:I can't offer an explanation, but what I *can* say is COME TO MOTM ANYWAY!!

Even without the Reefers ( :( ) there's LOADS of great music!!! :D :D From about 9:00AM to 2:00AM the following day, it's non-stop, either at the Casa or in Old Town....

(Besides, how are we going to stake out the front row of streetfest without you?? :o :P )
yep.. we are gonna have a hot time.. 8)
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

2 cents...done.
I have an Idea.. Why don't you stick to threads that have links to dirty pictures, LOOK at them ALL. and then cry that the link
goes to something some people might find bad..
:roll: :roll:
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

Carol.. Do you still have my phone number??
David or you :) can call me there are many things to
say that will not look the same on a flat screen
as they will sound with my voice..
if you don't have it PM me and I will get it to you 8) 8)
creeky
Last Man Standing

Post by creeky »

ragtopW wrote:

2 cents...done.
I have an Idea.. Why don't you stick to threads that have links to dirty pictures, LOOK at them ALL. and then cry that the link

:o :o Hey wayne - buddy ... it is an emotional issue for some of you - (not me - I am gonna see Santa! [smilie=battingeyes.gif] ) .... but please ..... dont go down this path? (I have never seen you go down this path!)

I respect everyones opinions - but I just "choose my attitude" (I am doing the fish philosophy at work) .. that I am gonna have a GREAT time - no matter what!!!! I got some of my greatest friends that are going to be there that I miss :)
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

creeky wrote:
ragtopW wrote:

2 cents...done.

:o :o Hey wayne - buddy ... it is an emotional issue for some of you - (not me - I am gonna see Santa! [smilie=battingeyes.gif] ) .... but please ..... dont go down this path? (I have never seen you go down this path!)

I respect everyones opinions - but I just "choose my attitude" (I am doing the fish philosophy at work) .. that I am gonna have a GREAT time - no matter what!!!! I got some of my greatest friends that are going to be there that I miss :)
:lol: :lol: for the record I signed up for MOTM to see
the "little" trop rock guys.. John Frinzi, Sunny Jim, Brent Burns,
Mile marker.. :) 24?

Jimmy shows?? great... if not.. great you are right
this is going to be what we make of it.. 8)
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:I can't offer an explanation, but what I *can* say is COME TO MOTM ANYWAY!!

don't take this the wrong way . . . but if ya'll want advice from someone who was fortunate enough to live in Key West for over a year I can tell you that there is great live every day all day with out stop . . . well, maybe from like 3AM to about 7AM. I wouldn't go to MOTM unless the CRB were there . . . just me just doesn't seem worth it. Key West has become a boutique for Hemmingway lovers and Buffett wannabes. Gettting together with Parrot Heads is something I will save for JB concerts and random meetings out on the bars by the beaches where I hang.

And Jimmy does not owe any of us anything. If he shows he shows.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

drunkpirate66 wrote:there is great live every day all day with out stop . . . well, maybe from like 3AM to about 7AM.
True. IMHO MOTM enhances that by bringing in musicians who don't usually play KW.

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally