Memorial Day Concert Marathon

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

nvrmnd17
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Sailor Jerry's & Coke

Memorial Day Concert Marathon

Post by nvrmnd17 »

Radio Margaritaville just announced a concert marathon for this weekend. Can't wait to see what shows get played!
Check out The TikiPod!
Get Away to the Island Side of Life with The TikiPod's unique blend of island and Trop Rock music.
http://www.tikipod.net

smiller
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: The Wino and I Know
Number of Concerts: 8

Re: Memorial Day Concert Marathon

Post by smiller »

I really need to get satalite radio.
"wishing every month of the year could be June" - JB So TRUE!

JollyMon66
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by JollyMon66 »

SunLover - if there are any older shows...any chance we may see them appear in download format under concert trading???? :D
Image Image Image
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane ...

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

It will be all recent shows. There will be a 1, perhaps a 2 song differential in the set list. Repeat for 24 hours.
Encores may also differ, but, ummm, he released an album for those.

You can also anticipate the following differences:
  • 1. Following HOT, HOT, HOT you will hear "Hello __________!" (insert city or state here)
    2. Come Monday: "It's so nice to be in __________ again! (insert city or state here)
    3. Volcano:
    "Don't want to land no San Diego.
    Don't want to land in no Buzzards Bay.
    I don't want to land on no Ayahtolla.
    Put me down in ____________!"
    (insert local reference that rhymes with "ay")
    4. Margaritaville: "It's all you _________________ fault!" (insert reference to the local ladies)
    5. Cheeseburger in Paradise: possible reference to local foods (philly cheese steaks, maryland crabcakes, etc.)
    6. A Pirate Looks At Forty:
    "Just a few friends, just a few friends. It's so nice to see all my friends in __________ again". (insert city or state here)
    and
    "I feel like I've drowned, Oh I've got a night off to _________________" (insert local reference that sort of rhymes with "drowned")

Kidding. I have no idea what they'll be playing. But ... if it is all recent concerts in the marathon (see above).
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

JollyMon66

Post by JollyMon66 »

surfpirate wrote:It will be all recent shows. There will be a 1, perhaps a 2 song differential in the set list. Repeat for 24 hours.

• 1. Following HOT, HOT, HOT you will hear "Hello __________!" (insert city or state here)
    2. Come Monday: "It's so nice to be in __________ again! (insert city or state here)
    3. Volcano:
    4. Margaritaville: "It's all you _________________ fault!" (insert reference to the local ladies)
    5. Cheeseburger in Paradise: possible reference to local foods (philly cheese steaks, maryland crabcakes, etc.)
    "Just a few friends, just a few friends. It's so nice to see all my friends in __________ again". (insert city or state here)
    and
    "I feel like I've drowned, Oh I've got a night off to _________________" (insert local reference that sort of rhymes with "drowned")

Kidding. I have no idea what they'll be playing. But ... if it is all recent concerts in the marathon (see above).
Glad to see I'm not the only sarcastic one around here :lol: It would be cool if they dusted some shows off from years ago - shows from pre-digital and pre RM days. When Jimmy (or any performer) is on the road supporting a new album release you always get to hear some of the good cuts from the album that get put on the back burner later due to the need to play BEG and Southern Cross (note sarcasim). My first Buffett show was in the Fruitcakes tour - lots of good songs on that album worth hearing live again :D
Image Image Image

BGunn
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by BGunn »

An idea that I had lately and would like to see is RM devote whole weekends to concerts from particular eras. Like a 70s weekend with nothing but shows from the 70s including some of the great radio shows he did. Or on Memorial Day weekend they could do the 70s on Sat, 80s on Sun and then the 90s to present on Mon. This would give new fans an opportunity to see exactly how Jimmy has changed over the years and why so many people have been devoted to him for so long. RM reminds me of ESPN. ESPN thinks sports started in 1979 when they took the air and RM seems to think Jimmy started touring in the 90s. My favorite shows are from the 70s.

SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SunLover »

JollyMon66 wrote:
surfpirate wrote:It will be all recent shows. There will be a 1, perhaps a 2 song differential in the set list. Repeat for 24 hours.

3. Volcano:
    and

Glad to see I'm not the only sarcastic one around here :lol: It would be cool if they dusted some shows off from years ago - shows from pre-digital and pre RM days. When Jimmy (or any performer) is on the road supporting a new album release you always get to hear some of the good cuts from the album that get put on the back burner later due to the need to play BEG and Southern Cross (note sarcasim). My first Buffett show was in the Fruitcakes tour - lots of good songs on that album worth hearing live again :D
Forgot about Brown Eyed Girl: It's a real beauty, all these ______________ cuties (insert city or state here) Or maybe she came in from __________, I haven't got a clue (insert adjacent city or state here) :lol:

I'll definitely check out the shows, but most of the time as mentioned before, they will be recent shows. I still have not seen a broadcast list posted anywhere yet.

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

3. Volcano:
    and

Kidding? I think not. I'd say that's pretty much spot on.
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...

surfpirate
Here We Are

Post by surfpirate »

Hockey Mon wrote:Kidding? I think not. I'd say that's pretty much spot on.
I love Radio Meglaritamart. I really do. But if the marathon consists of only repeat/recent shows ...... I'll be spending my Memorial Day Weekend out in the sun. I have never understood the desire by some to capture every single show on their iPods or wherever. They honestly don't vary enough (see my post above) to make it worth listening to them all. Give me the original studio recordings more often, not the live stuff.

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

surfpirate wrote:
I love Radio Meglaritamart. I really do. But if the marathon consists of only repeat/recent shows ...... I'll be spending my Memorial Day Weekend out in the sun. I have never understood the desire by some to capture every single show on their iPods or wherever. They honestly don't vary enough (see my post above) to make it worth listening to them all. Give me the original studio recordings more often, not the live stuff.
I like to get the live shows of the shows I've been to. Sometimes that helps me remember certain things about the concert I might otherwise forget. I plan on spending as much time out in the sun as I can (except the 3 hockey games for me and 2 for my kids that I have this weekend).
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...

BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

From the AJC:

If you go to Buffett, you’re going to hear the same songs you heard last year, with two or three new ones thrown in. For the parrotheads, introducing a lot of new songs would be a disaster and who needs all those drunken guys in coconut bikini tops and grass skirts miffed?

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

surfpirate wrote:
It's nice for me to just listen since I do not have the desire to or HAVE NOT captured every single show on the ipod. I like listening to shows knowing other people are hearing the same replay. Marathons of replays are always fun for me...not so much for mr conched who thinks it is just the same old songs over and over. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] I'm sure it's nice for RM folks to have a holiday.

JollyMon66

Post by JollyMon66 »

I don't download all the show...but I do grab most of them. We have a terabyte on our PC and a terabyte on an external drive so space isn't a problem. It's a bit monotonous - last year in particular - but I'm one of those wierd people who likes the song modifications and the segways he uses into songs. I think we should all be happy that he has done a better job this year with the set list mix.

ONE OF THESE DAY...when I have time....I might pull out the very best of the very best (or the best that I like) and create my own master concert from the various shows I've downloaded (everybody's on the phone won't be in my show though :D )
Image Image Image

snowfinz
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by snowfinz »

ok so perhaps a stupid question but how does one download a concert from radio margaritaville to the computer? i have a mac if that makes any difference!! what is the best software for such a task? :lol:
thanks
karry

JollyMon66

Post by JollyMon66 »

snowfinz wrote:ok so perhaps a stupid question but how does one download a concert from radio margaritaville to the computer? i have a mac if that makes any difference!! what is the best software for such a task? :lol:
thanks
karry
I have NO idea...I just know where to find and save the files that have already been uploaded to BN. :D
Image Image Image

surfpirate
Here We Are

Post by surfpirate »

You'll need a fundamental understanding of FTP to download the files, which are all located here ...... http://buffett.jokelben.us/

HOST: buffett.jokelben.us
USER: buffett@jokelben.us
PASS: buffett

A search *jokelben* in the threads here at BuffettNews will turn up a lot more information.

FINSUPinIdaho
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: APLA40
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Why, you buying???

Post by FINSUPinIdaho »

Sooooo dead on.

piratenole
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Drinks

Post by piratenole »

Here's the list. Nothing too exciting, but, I will still be listening while sitting on the beach.
http://www.sirius.com/pdf/margaritaville_052209.pdf
" I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control"

urlcenter
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

That list is for last year 2009

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

snowfinz wrote:ok so perhaps a stupid question but how does one download a concert from radio margaritaville to the computer? i have a mac if that makes any difference!! what is the best software for such a task? :lol:
thanks
karry
you can't actually download from RM, but you can use total recorder from high criteria to record the shows for enjoying at a later time.